Home
NHL 11 News Post


If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jepockn @ 07/04/11 10:38 PM
did just one person do this themselves?
 
# 2 The Bimmer @ 07/04/11 11:04 PM
That is amazing!!!! That is the best video I have ever seen.
 
# 3 Gagnon39 @ 07/04/11 11:41 PM
The Kane goal gave me goose bumps.
 
# 4 BlueNGold @ 07/05/11 12:04 AM
That was too awesome.

If only we could actually get the TSN ticker in the game....
 
# 5 franchiseplay @ 07/05/11 12:25 AM
@ The Bimmer, I would have to agree, that was awesome
 
# 6 hossafan91 @ 07/05/11 12:35 AM
this is a year old (the goals) they are from 2010, not this past year. other than that, it is awesome
 
# 7 pf8363 @ 07/05/11 12:39 AM
incredible job with this
 
# 8 DStars15 @ 07/05/11 03:10 AM
Simply amazing
 
# 9 tabulaRasa @ 07/05/11 03:45 AM
the goals at nr 1 and 2 are pure lame goals. Gamewinners in important games for sure , but best goals ? haha, no way. They were cheap.
 
# 10 tabulaRasa @ 07/05/11 03:45 AM
great recreation though!
 
# 11 Dalsanto0026 @ 07/05/11 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
the goals at nr 1 and 2 are pure lame goals. Gamewinners in important games for sure , but best goals ? haha, no way. They were cheap.
Agreed.

Great video though.
 
# 12 SinisterAlex @ 07/05/11 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
That was too awesome.

If only we could actually get the TSN ticker in the game....
This.

I've been wanting a score overlay that goes fully across the screen for years.... with team logos by the names too.... maybe I'll ask an NHL dev if they ever do a live Q&A session.

Hey QB, just out of curiosity, have you even asked an NHL dev if this is possible?
 
# 13 neprz @ 07/05/11 08:39 AM
Can anyone says, how i can play on nhl rink with national teams?
 
# 14 Qb @ 07/05/11 12:06 PM
That was rather amazing... makes you wonder how much time was put into recreating all of those. But, I couldn't help but watch those clips and think how much better it would all look if every bump, jostle & collision was accounted for (as we were talking about in the quick clip thread). Really sticks out like a sore thumb when shown against real video in that manner.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Hey QB, just out of curiosity, have you even asked an NHL dev if this is possible?
Fairly sure I haven't. In theory, it probably is, provided it wouldn't affect framerate or other game performance. But in practice, there isn't much downtime in a hockey game, so a constant ticker doesn't fit as well as it would in a football or baseball game.

I see how it would up the broadcast feel, but (for me) it is unnecessary and most likely intrusive. Now having it come up during breaks in play or intermission, that would make sense and add something, but again we're talking about a small amount of game time. In other words, it's a cool idea that would make a great option, but it would likely be down the list of possible presentation upgrades.
 
# 15 bhurst99 @ 07/05/11 01:38 PM
That was incredible.
 
# 16 jyoung @ 07/05/11 01:59 PM
Great video, man!

The sad part is that these remarkable deke goals are the only way to score consistently in EA's NHL games since normal wrist and slap shots rarely go in.
 
# 17 BlueNGold @ 07/05/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
This.

I've been wanting a score overlay that goes fully across the screen for years.... with team logos by the names too.... maybe I'll ask an NHL dev if they ever do a live Q&A session.

Hey QB, just out of curiosity, have you even asked an NHL dev if this is possible?
I didn't mean during a game. I meant in the Be A GM menus to keep us up to date on scores and transactions.
 
# 18 SinisterAlex @ 07/05/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I didn't mean during a game. I meant in the Be A GM menus to keep us up to date on scores and transactions.
Oops. My bad. Still though, I'd rather have the TSN Score Overlay than the small EA Sports one that sits in the corner...
 
# 19 drk3351 @ 07/05/11 02:59 PM
really cool. doesn't ea have espns licensce? i wish they could do this for goals scored in franchise, and have a top ten, that would be amazing.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.