Home
FIFA Manager 12 News Post



Check out all the new FIFA Manager 12 screenshots, right here.

EA SPORTS FIFA Manager 12 Developed In Collaboration With Football Fans

Over 700 Improvements Create The Most Authentic Football Management Simulation

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that EA SPORTS is developing EA SPORTS™ FIFA Manager 12 in collaboration with football fans around the world. The 11th edition of the football management simulation will include features inspired and determined by the community, in addition to a full feature set and game modes with more than 700 improvements, when the game launches this autumn.

Through the online “Your Feature!” campaign, thousands of fans participated in a community call-to-action to directly influence the game’s content for this season. Fans proposed features they wanted in the game, and then community voting determined the ones that mattered most. Features created by the community include, “Speeches Before The Match”, “European Cup Final Match”, “Open Trials for New Players”, new tutorial “Manager Challenges,” and an extension of the last 24 hours of the transfer market.

“It was very exciting to see so many great ideas proposed by our fans,” said Gerald Köhler, lead designer of FIFA Manager 12. “We were impressed by the passion these fans exhibited towards the game and the quality of the ideas generated. Working with the community helped us target more than 700 improvements that will make this the most authentic football management simulation we have ever produced.”

FIFA Manager 12 features improvements to virtually all areas of the game, including major enhancements to the 3D mode, finances, transfers and the calendar. Changes to the 3D mode create a more realistic experience, and include new logic, new player artificial intelligence, and marked improvements to tactics, substitutions and the conduct of opposing managers. In addition, a new intuitive user interface makes it possible for players to retrieve all the data relevant to the game within seconds and to issue precise tactical instructions to their teams.

The financial mode is now more authentic with on-the-pitch success impacting revenue, and realistic differences in revenue generated through jersey sponsors between clubs. In the transfer section, managers can now field players in trial training and in real matches. Managers can also commission a detailed analysis of the squad so the team's weak points can be specifically eliminated. A whole range of new options will be available in the calendar, from the charity gala to direct friendly match queries, and training can once again be planned and implemented on a daily basis.

FIFA Manager 12 also contains a host of improvements to the online mode, all premium features from previous years are now included and available to all players. Online improvements include an extensive avatar editor, the option of creating fantasy leagues, and a large number of new statistics.

FIFA Manager 12 is developed for EA SPORTS by Bright Future studio in Cologne. The game will be available for the PC this autumn. Additional information about EA SPORTS FIFA MANAGER 12 is available at http://www.fifa-manager.com/fifa-man...formation.html.

FIFA Manager 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Manager 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Manager 12Hype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 rckabillyRaider @ 07/03/11 01:58 PM
Hmmm. Actually sounds interesting now. Anybody know if the concacaf tournaments are implemented properly, if at all in this series?
 
# 2 Whitesox @ 07/03/11 02:01 PM
It's gonna take a miracle for this to surpass FM.
 
# 3 xblake16x @ 07/03/11 02:26 PM
so is this a game in addition to FIFA 12? or is it the manager mode from it?
 
# 4 xblake16x @ 07/03/11 02:27 PM
never mind i figured it out
 
# 5 gigadkc @ 07/03/11 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
It's gonna take a miracle for this to surpass FM.
this. The FIFA Manager is lightyears behind the FM.
 
# 6 jaa1980 @ 07/03/11 08:31 PM
"Cant touch this"; FM is way way way beyond EA's try, I say this as someone who originally played their series, made to switch to FM, and never looked back.
 
# 7 quadsas @ 07/04/11 09:39 AM
Over 700 Improvements Create The Most Authentic Football Management Simulation

lol

even they know this is complete bull****
 
# 8 209vaughn @ 07/05/11 05:01 PM
They need to scrap FIFA manager and focus on FIFA 12's career mode.
 
# 9 ImTellinTim @ 07/05/11 05:18 PM
I'm very confident that FIFA Manager will never catch FM. They simply don't have the refined sim engine, scouting network, or community that FM has.

No one is going to leave FM for an inferior product. You'll get a few who will test the waters and a few who will like the graphical representation better. Like someone said, they need to work on the manager mode within their main game so that I'll actually buy that.
 
# 10 charlatan @ 07/05/11 08:57 PM
Does have nice presentation though.
 
# 11 rckabillyRaider @ 07/06/11 12:27 PM
so after reading about the new details on the upcoming FIFA Manager 12, it piqued my interest and I decided to buy 11. Not bad, IMO. I'm a CONCACAF guy, so I am focused on that area and it's pretty decent.

You got your MLS, MLS reserve league, youth teams, and 2 USL leagues which arent exactly accurate since some NASL teams are bunched in there, but good none the less. The US Open Cup is and so is the CONCACAF champions league, though you have to tweak the database editor to get the correct names of the tournament. Same holds true for the Euro competitions, Asian champions league, etc...

Nothing as far as results has struck me as unrealistic. I even watched the FA Community Shield match (was Chelsea vs Man U) and it turned out to be a 1-0 win for Man U on a Rooney late goal. I read reviews where people were seeing game end like 10 or 12-0. I don't see how that's possible.

The AI during the 3D matches is a bit questionable at times, so hopefully they sort that out in 12. For example, you might see your attacker with a good amount of space approaching the box where he should attempt a shot but instead he'll turn and pass it off to a teamate. However, you can shout at them to shoot, cross, attack, get back, etc...

Nothing weird in transfers so far. The stadium editor is nice. The database is smaller than FM. You have the option of skipping all the extra financial stuff like ticket prices, merch, etc and just focus on your team. Still learning the game so far but it's a decent alternative to FM, IMO.
 
# 12 Whitesox @ 07/06/11 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
so after reading about the new details on the upcoming FIFA Manager 12, it piqued my interest and I decided to buy 11. Not bad, IMO. I'm a CONCACAF guy, so I am focused on that area and it's pretty decent.

You got your MLS, MLS reserve league, youth teams, and 2 USL leagues which arent exactly accurate since some NASL teams are bunched in there, but good none the less. The US Open Cup is and so is the CONCACAF champions league, though you have to tweak the database editor to get the correct names of the tournament. Same holds true for the Euro competitions, Asian champions league, etc...
I also watch CONCACAF matches, and my question is this- what does this have that FM doesn't have? I can download edit files for just about any league I want. I currently play with an 18 team MLS (Vancouver and Portland) all the way through the NCAA. If I wanted to, I could also add leagues like Honduras, Costa Rica, etc, and play basically a complete CONCACAF game. Same goes for any confederation, really.

It might be an OK alternative, but why do you need an alternative? I can think of literally no reason.
 
# 13 rckabillyRaider @ 07/06/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
I also watch CONCACAF matches, and my question is this- what does this have that FM doesn't have? I can download edit files for just about any league I want. I currently play with an 18 team MLS (Vancouver and Portland) all the way through the NCAA. If I wanted to, I could also add leagues like Honduras, Costa Rica, etc, and play basically a complete CONCACAF game. Same goes for any confederation, really.

It might be an OK alternative, but why do you need an alternative? I can think of literally no reason.
If you're a hardcore FM guy, you really won't need an alternative. I'm a fan of FM but not hardcore like some of the regular posters in this forum. PES is my #1 football game. I would say there are two things better and that's the 3d match presentation with audio commentary and the main user interface. FM is of course much more community supported as well. Also, EA should really drop the price if they wanna attempt to gain some new fans. It was an impulse buy out of curiosity for me.
 
# 14 ImTellinTim @ 07/06/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If you're a hardcore FM guy, you really won't need an alternative. I'm a fan of FM but not hardcore like some of the regular posters in this forum. PES is my #1 football game. I would say there are two things better and that's the 3d match presentation with audio commentary and the main user interface. FM is of course much more community supported as well. Also, EA should really drop the price if they wanna attempt to gain some new fans. It was an impulse buy out of curiosity for me.
In dream world, SI would partner with EA on the graphics/sound side and make a game so good, my head explodes even thinking about playing it.
 
# 15 GregSportington1up @ 07/07/11 12:05 PM
I had to punch in for the first time to talk about this. There are a lot of features- a worthy try for EA this year. Not only this, but we have yet to hear from the SI camp at all, only suggestion forums (Which feature many of the same ideas featured here.. A huge pool for developers equals no excuses!). This is to me like waiting for your hot wife to come home from an international business trip to tear her clothes off but being tempted by the cute chick with lots of make up, next door. I am glad to see the features they've added this year for a few reasons:
1) This is a big copy/paste from the real FM2011. This means EA took notes and has reacted correctly.
2) EA is a prime American market company and with the NBA and NFL hanging from the cliffs, Soccer/Football could be prime to explode. More attention, fewer competitive markets, if EA gets serious, they can take a footie game to #1 in sports this year. This is the year to try!

I hope SI is sitting in office snickering right now, because they have the same classic greatness, with some of the same newer options EA is tossing on the table as well. The club facilities/ build new stadiums, host events, player tryouts and even some of their closer-in action graphics are a nice and needed strength this year. In SI's FM2011, the graphics can be kind of a whiner for me, because I can't always tell who are who. Other things like the sponsorships or using club money to build facilities your way, are dead on as well.I'd also like more off the ball action, authentic audio, a more varied conversations/ conference setup, and maybe manager/player on field/off field choices/consequences. Otherwise, kudos to EA for leading out of the gate this year. This makes them look like innovators and puts the pressure on SI to beat what's on the table. I am FM addicted, so I might look, but will be waiting for the 'wife' to come back to empty my 'managerial load'. Can't wait to see SI's retort to this!
 
# 16 jaa1980 @ 07/07/11 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If you're a hardcore FM guy, you really won't need an alternative. I'm a fan of FM but not hardcore like some of the regular posters in this forum. PES is my #1 football game. I would say there are two things better and that's the 3d match presentation with audio commentary and the main user interface. FM is of course much more community supported as well. Also, EA should really drop the price if they wanna attempt to gain some new fans. It was an impulse buy out of curiosity for me.
This, like I said I use to play EA's effort, and it is just like a demo compared to FM, dont let the 3d graphics reel you in, nice, but like buying a porsche with a Kia engine.
 
# 17 rckabillyRaider @ 07/07/11 05:20 PM
Excellent post by Greg.

As I get deeper into my fifa manager 11, it really is a pretty deep game. I love the interactive match analysis tool after each match. My main complaint has to be the AI logic in the 3d matches. Boneheaded movements happen but it's not a game killer so far. FM has it's share of stupidity during matches as well but I still love playing it. Just like I buy fifa and pes every year, I think I'll be buying fm and fifa manager from now on. Competition in the gaming world is good for consumers. Don't believe me, then just look at what happened to madden without competition.
 
# 18 ImTellinTim @ 07/07/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Excellent post by Greg.

As I get deeper into my fifa manager 11, it really is a pretty deep game. I love the interactive match analysis tool after each match. My main complaint has to be the AI logic in the 3d matches. Boneheaded movements happen but it's not a game killer so far. FM has it's share of stupidity during matches as well but I still love playing it. Just like I buy fifa and pes every year, I think I'll be buying fm and fifa manager from now on. Competition in the gaming world is good for consumers. Don't believe me, then just look at what happened to madden without competition.
What does this involve? In FM, the analysis tool is rather robust once you know how to use it. You can click on any event (tackle, shot, foul, pass, etc.) in the match analysis screen and see the replay.

Is it similar to that?
 
# 19 rckabillyRaider @ 07/07/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
What does this involve? In FM, the analysis tool is rather robust once you know how to use it. You can click on any event (tackle, shot, foul, pass, etc.) in the match analysis screen and see the replay.

Is it similar to that?
Pretty much. It also lets you see each players movement throughout the whole game and you can filter it by specific players, attacking movements your player made, defending movements, during a specific time frame, etc.. And once all of that is set, it then diagrams the movements in real time based on your criteria. So you can see who is slacking off or needs specific training.
 
# 20 Steven547 @ 07/28/11 11:42 AM
I probably will pick up FIFA manager 12, but my question is, why is this topic in the Football Manager section? Shouldn't it be in the FIFA discussion? When I first saw this, I thought, "WOW...Football Manager has a new 3D engine!" Then I realized it was FIFA.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.