Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NYYankees42 @ 06/17/11 05:06 PM
damn, someone actually beat illwill this time.
 
# 2 illwill10 @ 06/17/11 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYankees42
damn, someone actually beat illwill this time.
Im not around labtop all the time
But I actually could of loaded up first, if my cousins werent on damn facebook.
 
# 3 moylan1234 @ 06/17/11 05:10 PM
I was actually so busy trying to beat you illwill that I didn't even watch it and then I edited the title like 19 times

I feel like the pass around the 1:00 minute mark would have been picked off in NCAA 11
 
# 4 Automatik @ 06/17/11 05:13 PM
Awesome vid, thanks for posting man.
 
# 5 Dewiel @ 06/17/11 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
QB has all friggin' day in the pocket. Don't tell me those Bama DL would get repeatedly pancaked by the OSU OL.


... and most people don't even sit in the pocket. They back up 25 yards. Good luck getting any kind of pressure with your DL. No speed rush.
The point of the video wasn't to show a pass rush. You can easily get one. We intentionally called zone defenses without blitzers/pressure to show everyone how the defenders were playing zones against different passes. You can get pressure in the game. We'll show that off in an upcoming video.
 
# 6 theharbinater @ 06/17/11 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
The point of the video wasn't to show a pass rush. You can easily get one. We intentionally called zone defenses without blitzers/pressure to show everyone how the defenders were playing zones against different passes. You can get pressure in the game. We'll show that off in an upcoming video.
awesome. can't wait to see it.

question, will the cpu get pressure on you/me?
 
# 7 bucknut7 @ 06/17/11 05:29 PM
would have liked to see formations other than shotgun, but the game looks great. Really impressed with the tackling.
 
# 8 Dewiel @ 06/17/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
awesome. can't wait to see it.

question, will the cpu get pressure on you/me?
Yea, you'll notice that this year for sure.
 
# 9 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/17/11 05:33 PM
Pressure without blitzing I hope. One shouldn't have to call blitzes just to get pressure.

But hey I don't play online, so I will just re-rate the rosters again this year to fix the lack of pressure with the front 4.
 
# 10 canes21 @ 06/17/11 05:34 PM
I like these videos, they really look a lot better than what we have seen, but I want to see more User vs CPU videos. I want to see a CPU spread option team so we can see how well the CPU runs from the gun this year. Then I want to see the CPU on defense so we can see the pass rush from them.
 
# 11 illwill10 @ 06/17/11 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Pressure without blitzing I hope. One shouldn't have to call blitzes just to get pressure.

But hey I don't play online, so I will just re-rate the rosters again this year to fix the lack of pressure with the front 4.
I dont play online either. When you rerate ratings let me know what ratings help the gameplay.
I remember you saying lowing agility and accel for Dline, lowering Jump for LB
 
# 12 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/17/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I like these videos, they really look a lot better than what we have seen, but I want to see more User vs CPU videos. I want to see a CPU spread option team so we can see how well the CPU runs from the gun this year. Then I want to see the CPU on defense so we can see the pass rush from them.
Yeah I like seeing LONG videos and especially videos in HD. HD make the game pop. But I too want to see more user vs cpu or cpu vs cpu.

Some spread teams battling it out and some option teams battling it out.

Army vs Navy game.

Oregon vs who ever.
 
# 13 jfsolo @ 06/17/11 05:43 PM
I like this vid because it just like a practice section testing out different stuff. I always do this for the like the first 4 hours after I get the game.

I was thinking that they altered the setting to minimize pressure, to make sure that all the passes got off, because it did seem anemic. Even if they didn't, for a one player vs the CPU person, this is easily fixable.

It seems pretty clear that super LB's are totally gone. If a LB makes a play in space, its because he a beast in zone coverage or the QB just makes a bad read.
 
# 14 illwill10 @ 06/17/11 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah I like seeing LONG videos and especially videos in HD. HD make the game pop. But I too want to see more user vs cpu or cpu vs cpu.

Some spread teams battling it out and some option teams battling it out.

Army vs Navy game.

Oregon vs who ever.
I just want to see some weather games. But yeah, I do want to see some user vs cpu with spread or heavy run team
 
# 15 bucknut7 @ 06/17/11 05:48 PM
any chance that you guys could do a video using the pistol? I want to see if stuff like the triple options and option read plays work this year.
 
# 16 jyoung @ 06/17/11 06:02 PM
Zones look nice, but the fact that there were 20+ pass plays and zero pressure from the defensive line in all those plays is frustrating.

You shouldn't have to blitz to get pressure, but it seems like that's the way it is in every EA football game.
 
# 17 The JareBear @ 06/17/11 06:18 PM
Zones definitely look greatly improves. I still think the slants and posts are a little too open right after the break against zone but maybe thats just me. Overall a very nice vid thank you EA
 
# 18 ActLikeYouCrow @ 06/17/11 06:26 PM
i only had time to look at about 10 plays, but on most of them the qb was getting rid of the ball pretty quickly. it also could be a sign that they didnt overrate bama's dline as badly as they did last year.

the other explainable problem is bama runs a 3-4 in real life and their ends didnt get a lot of sacks last year. i dont keep up with bama enough to know their nickel and dime defenses, but i'd assume they would use some pass rushing specialists in obvious passing situations. in the videos on passing downs youre talking essentially 4 dt's out there trying to rush the passer.
 
# 19 jello1717 @ 06/17/11 06:48 PM
I liked the vid, but I did notice 1 nagging issue from '11 that reared its ugly head here. @ roughly the 5:30 point in the vid, on 4th down the OSU guy went to "ask coach" (which is what the CPU uses to call its plays) and he was told to try a 53 yd FG (which he missed way short). It looks like the CPU will still be trying absurdly long FGs that their kicker doesn't have the leg to make.
 
# 20 Flipsyde82 @ 06/17/11 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I was actually so busy trying to beat you illwill that I didn't even watch it and then I edited the title like 19 times

I feel like the pass around the 1:00 minute mark would have been picked off in NCAA 11
I actually felt that the pass at about the 10:05 mark would have been more prone to interception in 2011
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.