Home
Madden 12 News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 reverend_heat @ 06/16/11 03:30 PM
I love how literally nobody is on the field when Romo first starts out of the tunnel, then a split second later there are 2 rows of players, pyro, etc. How does EA let stuff like that happen? Also, if you are going to have the announcer declare here are your offensive starters, can we have all 11? Seriously, it looks horrendous when only 2 guys get announced.
 
# 2 mwjr @ 06/16/11 03:37 PM
Also note that at about the 50 second mark, Romo exits the tunnel heading towards the end zone, but cut to the next scene and he's seen running perdindicular to the goals into the middle of the field.

And how did they get those steps in the middle of the field like that?

Nice effort, though. Not sure that will lessen the experience for me if the rest of the gameplay and franchise features are good.
 
# 3 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I love how literally nobody is on the field when Romo first starts out of the tunnel, then a split second later there are 2 rows of players, pyro, etc. How does EA let stuff like that happen? Also, if you are going to have the announcer declare here are your offensive starters, can we have all 11? Seriously, it looks horrendous when only 2 guys get announced.
What's the name of this thread? Dallas Cowboys UNEDITED Entrance.
 
# 4 kwas676 @ 06/16/11 03:41 PM
Why would you want to watch all 11 starters coming out be real right now. Even in real life they normally show the last or biggest star come out.
 
# 5 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/11 03:46 PM
If you guys watch the Ravens entrance you can tell that it does show the cheerleaders and stuff on the field in the background as soon as Ray comes out, so I'm sure they will or already have fixed the same thing with Romo and the field won't be empty in the background in the final build.
 
# 6 Dewiel @ 06/16/11 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I love how literally nobody is on the field when Romo first starts out of the tunnel, then a split second later there are 2 rows of players, pyro, etc. How does EA let stuff like that happen? Also, if you are going to have the announcer declare here are your offensive starters, can we have all 11? Seriously, it looks horrendous when only 2 guys get announced.
This has been noted and passed along. Keep in mind, we are still finalizing and tuning the game.
 
# 7 BezO @ 06/16/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
This has been noted and passed along. Keep in mind, we are still finalizing and tuning the game.
Are more teammates going to be lined up when the last 2 players are announced? There should be 43 other guys waiting for Austin & Romo.

And if you all are doing it like a TV broadcast, coming back from commercial, only showing the end of the introductions, we shouldn't see the team run out of the tunnel before hand.
 
# 8 tanner75 @ 06/16/11 05:27 PM
A cut scene of gus and chris in the booth would be great and make it look and feel more real or as they keep saying "true to the game"- "true to gus and chris!"
 
# 9 reverend_heat @ 06/16/11 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Yea let's not buy the damm game because they did not announce all the starters or because Romo came out towards the endzone but in reality it was suppose to be sideline to sideline...Incredible

This is all fluff...Nobody here is going to play through these entrances after a week or 2. But yet they want to use it to take shots at EA....Lame
Feel free to show where in my post I mentioned not buying the game. You call it fluff, I call it what every single dev team member has parroted in every single interview you see them in, presentation was given a huge boost this year, stop giving EA passes after screwing **** up year after year, you want changes, ya gotta voice what you want changed. You call it fluff, I call it acute lack of attention to detail, let's hope gameplay doesn't suffer the same fate.
 
# 10 djordan @ 06/16/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
If there going to do it like its coming back from a commercial, or dropping down from coverage elsewhere, then they need to show that better. Such as show 2 guys in the booth atalking for a bit, and say lets drop down to the field, etc...etc..etc.. (while the guys were talking before they dropped down to the field, the stadium announcer could be saying the other names so it appears we are to the end...) Or you could show "things the cowboys are going to have to do to win this game type annalysis screen(so you dont have to take the time for two hi res versions of collinsworth, and other dude), and then move to the now lets drop down to the field type commentary..yadda...yadda..yadda.

The point is, you cant skip corners, this is what they are known for the past few years. They got to start giving us 100% complete features.

As someone who makes movies on the side, and works the studio for a living, I have to say the best way to do this is sit down and decide what you want to show. Think it through, build a script like a play. Now make it happen. Before you make it happen, you need to think of every little thing so you don't miss things like this video shows. Know the plan, then execute.
GREAT F'N POST!!!

Like I said before.. If your going to implement something, implement it 100% not 25%-50%
 
# 11 reverend_heat @ 06/16/11 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Give me one sports game that has the type of attention to detail and I will show you kinks in that armor. EA said they gave presentation a big boost and they did but yet we have to have people call them lazy because Romo is not going in the right direction on a silly cutscene

I bet it would be done perfect and in a month you are pressing the skip button to get to kick off....yea real important there


I am waiting
Bad time to tell me to pick a game with that kind of attention to detail the year NBA 2K 11 dropped. Personalized halftime and post-game highlights.... for every single player. 50 plus game action photos after each contest. Individual shot forms for hundreds of players, tattoos for every player, individual equipment, ( I've been waiting for ****ing mouth guards for 5 years) yet Rip Hamilton can have his own see-through face shield for how many years now?) animations, pre-game rituals (Lebron clapping his hands, D wade doing pull-ups in the hoop, KG firing up the crowd) In short, developers who define attention to detail, and don't show an empty court a half second after a dunk. Please feel free to explain the chinks in the armor for the best sports game in many years.

I'm waiting
 
# 12 Legend. @ 06/16/11 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Bad time to tell me to pick a game with that kind of attention to detail the year NBA 2K 11 dropped. Personalized halftime and post-game highlights.... for every single player. 50 plus game action photos after each contest. Individual shot forms for hundreds of players, tattoos for every player, individual equipment, ( I've been waiting for ****ing mouth guards for 5 years) yet Rip Hamilton can have his own see-through face shield for how many years now?) animations, pre-game rituals (Lebron clapping his hands, D wade doing pull-ups in the hoop, KG firing up the crowd) In short, developers who define attention to detail, and don't show an empty court a half second after a dunk. Please feel free to explain the chinks in the armor for the best sports game in many years.

I'm waiting
Bro... stop being so damn greedy and appreciate that Madden has given a significant upgrade to the presentation part. It's all about gameplay, in my opinion. Who the hell watches the intro's anyway? I guarantee I start skipping them a couple days after playing Madden. This is why Madden is never appreciated because you have people like you who nit pick at the littlest things. It's embarrassing.
 
# 13 roadman @ 06/16/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Feel free to show where in my post I mentioned not buying the game. You call it fluff, I call it what every single dev team member has parroted in every single interview you see them in, presentation was given a huge boost this year, stop giving EA passes after screwing **** up year after year, you want changes, ya gotta voice what you want changed. You call it fluff, I call it acute lack of attention to detail, let's hope gameplay doesn't suffer the same fate.
Why do you keep going on and on about this when a Community Mgr already told you on the 1st page the situation with Romo was taken care last week?

Your voice was a week too late on that one.
 
# 14 jbd345 @ 06/16/11 10:26 PM
I guess the word "unedited" means nothing?
 
# 15 canes21 @ 06/16/11 11:45 PM
So, when I end Tony Romo's career with Orakpo and their new QB comes in, will he get the same treatment? Will he have his college, number, and name announced in the same fashion while coming out of the tunnel?
 
# 16 mm boost @ 06/17/11 08:23 AM
^^^ Nah, because Tyron Smith is going to body slam Orakpo and break his leg, and keep him from touching Romo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
A cut scene of gus and chris in the booth would be great and make it look and feel more real or as they keep saying "true to the game"- "true to gus and chris!"

Great idea. To take it a step further, imagine showing the 2 announcers in the booth, and in the background, faintly show the team's intro and such. That would be very cool. I love the intros and stuff, but having things like this for the first part of the intros would be more realistic. THEN, cut to the field for the playmaker's to come out of the tunnel. This would be the perfect way to properly transition.
 
# 17 Hailtodemskins @ 06/17/11 09:25 PM
my questions is what happens in franchise mode when you have generic players? will there names get called to or will they just say number 3 or number 17?
 
# 18 Hailtodemskins @ 06/17/11 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
So, when I end Tony Romo's career with Orakpo and their new QB comes in, will he get the same treatment? Will he have his college, number, and name announced in the same fashion while coming out of the tunnel?
lol toushe
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.