Home
NBA 2K12 News Post


IGN has released a write-up giving some early insight into some visual changes in NBA 2K12.

Quote:
"In the NBA 2K12 demo, the NBA Finals logo is plastered over everything, and there's an added level of pomp and circumstance to the opening cinematic. The character rosters are moving full 3D models of the players. During the game little ads pop up on the bottom showing the rivalries of the teams, and making the game look like a TNT broadcast. The fans in the stage are wearing game shirts, showing their support with a sea of team colors. It's all a lot of fluff but it's the sort of fluff you would expect when watching the Finals on TV. "

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 101 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Drewski @ 06/15/11 01:11 AM
That's really sick sounding

Sent from the free throw line
 
# 2 Equinox831 @ 06/15/11 04:23 AM
I'm so excited for that. I hope clutch moments are really exaggerated.. Imagine it's 98-97, game 7, your team is down and on the road, your at the line with two shots to win the game. In that situation, I want my controller to be shaking violently and the noise to be deafening (okay, maybe not that loud.) Nothing would get me more excited about nailing two virtual free throws.. I can only imagine it now.
 
# 3 timbeau0805 @ 06/15/11 04:30 AM
Oh my goodness, this sounds fantastic.
 
# 4 aloncho11 @ 06/15/11 01:54 PM
Every single little piece of news here and there is making me look forward to this game a lot.
 
# 5 elprez98 @ 06/15/11 02:02 PM
What FIFA beat NBA? No way.
 
# 6 Nodima @ 06/15/11 02:52 PM
I'm really hoping they upgrade a lot of the graphics during the game. I understand it's a struggle to keep them from getting in the way, but there's a lot of dead time during free throws that's managed horribly in my opinion. Real games don't have the announcers pausing, waiting for them to shoot and then announcing whether they made or missed the shot. They take that opportunity to basically ignore the current action on the floor and discuss stats and trends of the game/week/season. They shouldn't have to do all those gratuitous scans of the court with Top Five stats, they should just integrate that into the free throw period. There should also be a lot more stats and comparisons getting thrown up during the game.
 
# 7 JSensui @ 06/15/11 03:07 PM
Isn't this info old? Every new article on this just seems to be reiterating what was said before, except with fancier writing.
 
# 8 ybtherockstar @ 06/15/11 04:26 PM
So glad they added this into the game this year. Makes the playoffs ten times better.
 
# 9 rockchisler @ 06/15/11 05:47 PM
Anybody notice that IGN is listing NBA 2k12 as $19.99???
 
# 10 Goffs @ 06/15/11 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Anybody notice that IGN is listing NBA 2k12 as $19.99???
what the?

 
# 11 RUFFNREADY @ 06/15/11 06:04 PM
^ At that price "Goffs", i'll buy 5 of them, and give them out as presents for Christmas....lol
cheers
 
# 12 mymannemcee @ 06/15/11 06:43 PM
Going back to the days where NFL 2K5 was $20 and COMPLETELY DESTROYED Madden that year? Ha! Man, I can't wait for this game.
 
# 13 neptuneniq @ 06/15/11 06:48 PM
why cant they bring back player introductions
 
# 14 VDusen04 @ 06/15/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
Going back to the days where NFL 2K5 was $20 and COMPLETELY DESTROYED Madden that year? Ha! Man, I can't wait for this game.
Each of 2K's sports titles was that price in 2005. It was the best thing that's ever been invented.
 
# 15 triangleoffense @ 06/15/11 07:21 PM
If it's $19.99 I'm buying the game for sure..lol
 
# 16 Behindshadows @ 06/15/11 07:25 PM
Wow!!! $20 Bucks and the latest news all equal sold.....

360 and PC version and possibly the NGP Version....Thank you 2k...
 
# 17 darryl.oliver @ 06/15/11 08:30 PM
What if game quality goes way down? Maybe they are just expecting people to be pissed about the game so lower the price way down?

I doubt it too.
 
# 18 BiggD @ 06/15/11 08:34 PM
Wow......great stuff 2K
 
# 19 Basketball GURU @ 06/15/11 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Anybody notice that IGN is listing NBA 2k12 as $19.99???
That's the Pc version, it's shows $59.99 for Ps3 and 360.
 
# 20 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 06/15/11 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
I'm really hoping they upgrade a lot of the graphics during the game. I understand it's a struggle to keep them from getting in the way, but there's a lot of dead time during free throws that's managed horribly in my opinion. Real games don't have the announcers pausing, waiting for them to shoot and then announcing whether they made or missed the shot. They take that opportunity to basically ignore the current action on the floor and discuss stats and trends of the game/week/season. They shouldn't have to do all those gratuitous scans of the court with Top Five stats, they should just integrate that into the free throw period. There should also be a lot more stats and comparisons getting thrown up during the game.
They actually go about talking about things during free throws it just depends on which player is at the line..r they may bring up a stat overlay before vthe free throw shot...but just exactly how long r spending at the line
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.