02:41 PM - May 26, 2011 by ChaseB
It seems like everyone wants to get in on announcing their pre-order bonuses this week. Naturally, Forza Motorsport 4 wants to be a part of that cool crowd. However, the pre-order deals seem a little more confusing when it comes to Forza 4.
First off, there is the "limited quantity" of first-run copies of Forza 4 that will include an in-game pack of five cars. When this limited supply runs out, the cars go with it.
Here is the list of cars:
- Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
- Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera--from the Swedish verb “to act”--celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
- Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225bhp I6-powered engine.
- RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
- Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.
In addition to those limited-edition copies of Forza 4, there is a specific pre-order bonus depending on where you buy the game:
- Available at Amazon.com - Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
- Available at Best Buy - BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
- Available at GameStop - Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
- Available at Wal-Mart - MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
- Available at Target – Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda’s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16” wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.
This type of pre-order bonus is a little peculiar in a racing game because there are different cars in each version, rather than just a re-skinned version of a car already in the game. For example, Forza 3 did something like this, but the pre-order cars just varied from a cosmetics perspective rather than a driving perspective. In other words, my guess is that these pre-order cars will end up in one big DLC pack at some point because people will want to be able to get all of these cars.
Finally, there is a "Limited Collector's Edition" of the game that is not yet available to be ordered in advance because it's unclear what will be included in that version of Forza 4.
Beyond the pre-order details, the best part of this announcement is the explanation of "Profile Import" being included in Forza 4.
Other sports games could learn a thing or two from that type of functionality.
Source - Forza Motorsport 4 - Pre-order and boxart announcement (NeoGAF)