Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Part one can be found here for those who missed it.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 12:39 PM
Interesting.........NC State Head Coach got fired for going 7-6. NC State expectations must have been hell of high. Wasn't expecting to see that happen, since technically it was still a winning season but yet you can still be fired.
 
# 2 georgiafan @ 05/25/11 12:40 PM
great video and I wasn't expecting to play out kinda live like it did. This is deftnetly gonna make me pay more attention to the others teams record to see how could get fired and stuff.
 
# 3 canes21 @ 05/25/11 12:41 PM
Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.
 
# 4 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/25/11 12:44 PM
I am not too up on college football to know the real names of coaches. Are the names in the game the ACTUAL names of the real coaches? Like the NC State guy that got poop canned, was that their actual coach? IF not that's pretty weak. Or, does anyone know if there will be a way to name them all correctly like we do with the players?
 
# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 12:46 PM
They always use fake names in college sports video games. You can edit the names though, since head coaches are part of the roster file.
 
# 6 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/25/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.
Just trying to clarify. Are those rating we saw (A+, D+, etc.) was that their "Prestige" or was that their..skill I guess you could say? Because I thought a lot of people were mad that the coaches didn't have rating but it looked like they do from that video. Unless it was just a prestige rating.
 
# 7 JalenTigh @ 05/25/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Interesting.........NC State Head Coach got fired for going 7-6. NC State expectations must have been hell of high. Wasn't expecting to see that happen, since technically it was still a winning season but yet you can still be fired.
Could be any number of things.. Conference finish? Maybe all 6 of those losses were in conference... could be total wins over the term of the contract... or could be nothing... like Ralph Friedgen getting canned after being ACC coach of the year.
 
# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 12:47 PM
It is just a prestige rating.......that is the only rating the coaches will have.
 
# 9 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/25/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They always use fake names in college sports video games. You can edit the names though, since head coaches are part of the roster file.

Awesome. Thanks. I figured with the coaches actually being paid for their duties they may be able to name them. But no biggie. I'll just wait and download. Reserved my copy today after I traded in Madden 11 on it.
 
# 10 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/25/11 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is just a prestige rating.......that is the only rating the coaches will have.
Damn, you're on the ball today! And I see no problem with an A+ rated OC coming in and being an A+ rated OC if it's just his prestige rating. Now adays if somebody had that much hype (which basically what prestige is) it should translate. There is always a "hot new coordinator" that is highly touted.
 
# 11 prowler @ 05/25/11 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
Just trying to clarify. Are those rating we saw (A+, D+, etc.) was that their "Prestige" or was that their..skill I guess you could say? Because I thought a lot of people were mad that the coaches didn't have rating but it looked like they do from that video. Unless it was just a prestige rating.
I think people wanted more precise ratings; like how well a coach is on offense/defense, how well he coaches specific positions, how well he recruits, etc. What we got is an all encompassing prestige rating that determines everything.
 
# 12 Marino @ 05/25/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Interesting.........NC State Head Coach got fired for going 7-6. NC State expectations must have been hell of high. Wasn't expecting to see that happen, since technically it was still a winning season but yet you can still be fired.
We'll we are a pretty crazy fanbase.
 
# 13 georgiafan @ 05/25/11 12:53 PM
If CC bothers you this much then you don't need to buy NCAA '12 and need to stop posting and reading all the info the second it comes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.
 
# 14 Vaporub83 @ 05/25/11 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.
Why would prestige change? Think of it this way Monte Kiffin is a DC at USC if he became a Head coach does he all of a sudden become less prestigious. That wouldn't make sense. If it was an experience rating tied to this stuff that would be the one that should change if your position changes.
 
# 15 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Could be any number of things.. Conference finish? Maybe all 6 of those losses were in conference... could be total wins over the term of the contract... or could be nothing... like Ralph Friedgen getting canned after being ACC coach of the year.
True....or it could simply have been because they had a 90 rated rated offense and 89 rated defense with being 89 over all. So therefore probably expected them to win the ACC or at least come in second in the ACC.

Or like you said, they lost to all of their rivals that season. Which in a way is a good thing. It would make rivalry games actually mean something.
 
# 16 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 12:59 PM
Watching the CC play out is a really cool feature, but I hope the A+ OCs who got hired as a HC don't keep their A prestige. Surely they will drop before the season starts right?
 
# 17 sikolec @ 05/25/11 12:59 PM
Looks like a fun addition to the game. In my opinion, they had way too many OC, DC, and HC's with A+ ratings but that is the beauty of being able to edit coaches. I think that there should be a few A+ ratings and that it should vary all the way down. Is anybody considering creating coaches? If so, what is your plan for different coaches? Might be a good idea to create a google doc to start some discussion about various coaches and what their prestige should be...
 
# 18 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Why would prestige change? Think of it this way Monte Kiffin is a DC at USC if he became a Head coach does he all of a sudden become less prestigious. That wouldn't make sense. If it was an experience rating tied to this stuff that would be the one that should change if your position changes.

If this was the case then there would be NO point to having Will Muschamp (B or B+ can't remember) as the HC at Florida when their OC Charlie Weis is an A+. That makes no sense at all, plus you're saying that these OC's are just as good as Saban? Come on mane.
 
# 19 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 01:06 PM
Charlie Weis is no A+. Maybe in the NFL, but not in college.
 
# 20 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/25/11 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
Looks like a fun addition to the game. In my opinion, they had way too many OC, DC, and HC's with A+ ratings but that is the beauty of being able to edit coaches. I think that there should be a few A+ ratings and that it should vary all the way down. Is anybody considering creating coaches? If so, what is your plan for different coaches? Might be a good idea to create a google doc to start some discussion about various coaches and what their prestige should be...
I agree. HOw many A+ coaches you think there should be?
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.