Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post


Here are a few more NCAA Football 12 screenshots featuring the Coaching Carousel.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 volstopfan14 @ 05/24/11 10:11 AM
Sorry, but none of these are new
 
# 2 prowler @ 05/24/11 11:27 AM
They are new in terms of the teams shown, it's just the same exact screens we've seen with other CC pics.
 
# 3 jello1717 @ 05/24/11 11:33 AM
That first one is interesting. TTU's OC was fired and then hired by Army. Air raid incoming to Army???
 
# 4 VFL8 @ 05/24/11 11:39 AM
I can't wait for this game to come out now. So, you will be able to take your playbook and playing style to the school your hired by?
 
# 5 usc50 @ 05/24/11 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL8
I can't wait for this game to come out now. So, you will be able to take your playbook and playing style to the school your hired by?
Yes, but I mean you've always been able to do that as a HC, now you can do it as an OC or DC as well.
 
# 6 canes21 @ 05/24/11 11:55 AM
Looks to easy to get hired. Going 3-9 at MTSU opens a job a TTU? I don't care if TTU had a down year, that should not happen. I hope we have to earn jobs like in 2k8. Knowing EA we will be handed top jobs quickly though. It was that way in their basketball games.
 
# 7 usc50 @ 05/24/11 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Looks to easy to get hired. Going 3-9 at MTSU opens a job a TTU? I don't care if TTU had a down year, that should not happen. I hope we have to earn jobs like in 2k8. Knowing EA we will be handed top jobs quickly though. It was that way in their basketball games.
They hired MTSU's OC, not their HC. I understand what you're saying and that does make me a little concerned, but for all we know MTSU's offense average 40+ ppg the last season. I hope you're wrong about getting jobs too easily, that would suck.
 
# 8 BenGerman @ 05/24/11 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
They hired MTSU's OC, not their HC. I understand what you're saying and that does make me a little concerned, but for all we know MTSU's offense average 40+ ppg the last season. I hope you're wrong about getting jobs too easily, that would suck.
Yeah, I was going to say this.

Still Cane, I understand where you are coming from. Half the coaches we have seen have an A+ prestige, and that is something that worries me. We should have to preform really well at a school like MTSU to even be considered for a Texas Tech position.
 
# 9 canes21 @ 05/24/11 12:11 PM
I understand that it was only an OC taking an OC job, but they still were only 3-9 in a weak conference. Unless that was year 8 and TTU had been struggling while MTSU had been doing well until that year, then it has me worried.
 
# 10 Solidice @ 05/24/11 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Looks to easy to get hired. Going 3-9 at MTSU opens a job a TTU? I don't care if TTU had a down year, that should not happen. I hope we have to earn jobs like in 2k8. Knowing EA we will be handed top jobs quickly though. It was that way in their basketball games.
it's not that far a job in the game. MTSU is a 1-star, TTU is a 3 star. and it was just an OC job.

TTU's current OC in real life came from Troy FWIW.
 
# 11 Da Hype Iz Real @ 05/24/11 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I understand that it was only an OC taking an OC job, but they still were only 3-9 in a weak conference. Unless that was year 8 and TTU had been struggling while MTSU had been doing well until that year, then it has me worried.



Well in real life there are guys like Gus Malzahn who go from high school HC to SEC OC so that jump doesn't seem that for off to me.
 
# 12 prowler @ 05/24/11 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Looks to easy to get hired. Going 3-9 at MTSU opens a job a TTU? I don't care if TTU had a down year, that should not happen. I hope we have to earn jobs like in 2k8. Knowing EA we will be handed top jobs quickly though. It was that way in their basketball games.
It looks like the main reason the MTSU OC was hired to be the TTU OC is because he runs the Air Raid offense. Not saying that makes the situation completely acceptable, I'm just pointing it out.
 
# 13 cts @ 05/24/11 12:26 PM
To be fair to people bashing what that screen shows...the OC from MTSU was part of a 3-9 record and has a C prestige (the fired guy had B+). But at the same time, TTU was 5-7 last year and is only a 3*...maybe they fired their OC, and couldn't find a better one to replace him?
 
# 14 Solidice @ 05/24/11 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
It looks like the main reason the MTSU OC was hired to be the TTU OC is because he runs the Air Raid offense. Not saying that makes the situation completely acceptable, I'm just pointing it out.
that was my first guess. and Army hired TTU's old OC(after TTU fired him for failing his goals) probably because of his B+ prestige.
 
# 15 cts @ 05/24/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
that was my first guess. and Army hired TTU's old OC(after TTU fired him for failing his goals) probably because of his B+ prestige.
This dynamic alone is enough for me this year, personally.
 
# 16 TDTGodfather @ 05/24/11 12:48 PM
yeah with this being the first go round of cc i'm ok with some holes.

i do always try to do a coaching dynasty, and in the past you could have like one good 9 or 10 win season (or win conf) at like SMU and then get offered OU or Florida. kind of seems like a stretch. i'm sure they have cater to the people that want to get fast tracked but i like to work for it.
 
# 17 BenGerman @ 05/24/11 12:52 PM
Ok, now I understand it a bit more with the Air Raid offense. Can't wait to see how everything works out in a Dynasty of my own!
 
# 18 canes21 @ 05/24/11 12:54 PM
Thats why EA needs to have two settings for dynasty, Casual and Simulation. With casual you can get top jobs quickly, but on simulation it takes years to move up the ladder.
 
# 19 prowler @ 05/24/11 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Thats why EA needs to have two settings for dynasty, Casual and Simulation. With casual you can get top jobs quickly, but on simulation it takes years to move up the ladder.
It really isn't an issue of coach vs simulation; in reality if TTU lost its OC the likely solution would be to promote one of the position coaches to OC. But since there are no position coaches in the game to promote, the next best option is to grab another school's OC who runs a similar offense.
 
# 20 georgiafan @ 05/24/11 01:06 PM
I'm not worried about getting a job to quickly as there is an easy way to fix that just stay at your school an extra year to you prove yourself more.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.