11:32 AM - May 21, 2011 by Steve_OS
2K Sports ran a simulation with NBA 2K11 and predicted the Chicago Bulls winning the Championship. Who do you feel has the best shot?
Check out the below press release to get the details on their sim.
2K Sports NBA 2K11 Simulation Predicts Chicago Bulls Will Win 2011 NBA Championship
According to a simulation of the NBA Conference Finals and Finals through 2K Sports’ NBA 2K11, the Chicago Bulls will take home the NBA championship this season following a seven game series victory over the Dallas Mavericks. NBA Finals MVP Derrick Rose led the way for the Bulls, averaging 33 points and nearly 10 assists in Games 5-7, with the Bulls facing elimination in each contest.
Below are some key statistics from the NBA 2K11 Conference Finals and NBA Finals simulations.
- The Bulls out-rebounded Miami in five of the series’ seven games, and the duo of Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer combined for more than 17 rebounds per game.
- Rose had a stellar series; averaging 32.4 points a game to go with 7.6 assists.
- LeBron James (27 points, 8.6 rebounds) and Dwayne Wade (25, 5.6) played well in defeat.
- Kevin Durant averaged 33 points and nearly 11 rebounds a game, but Dirk Nowitzki (30, 9) matched him every step of the way.
- The aging Jason Kidd showed he wasn’t ready to retire, averaging 7 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals during the seven game series.
- Rose had ice in his veins under pressure. In the deciding Game 7, Rose sealed the title with a 42 point performance.
- The Bulls’ role players came up huge when it mattered. Luol Deng’s 33 points in Game 5 helped get the series back to Chicago, while Carlos Boozer’s 23 point and 17 rebound performance forced a Game 7. Boozer and Joakim Noah combined for 27 points and 17 rebounds in the clincher.
- Despite a stellar performance from Nowitzki throughout the series (25 points, 8 rebounds), he mustered just 17 points in Game 7 on 6-14 shooting.