07:27 PM - May 19, 2011 by Steve_OS
If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
UPDATE: Sorry, looks like the video was removed, here is what I saw.
UPDATE: Video re-added.
Wow, the video is pretty damn amazing. Here are some highlights.
- Tactical Defending - Contain
- Tactical Defending - New Opportunities
- Dribbling - Jog Speed Turn Radius
- Precision Dribbling - Precision Turn Radius
- Precision Dribbling - Dribble While Shielding
- Compares FIFA 11 Tackling Physics with the New Impact Engine Tackling (WOW! What a difference! I mean, WOW!)
- Impact Engine - Shielding
- Impact Engine - Unexpected Behaviors (Shows an AWESOME animation of a defender coming in, offensive player makes a move and does a flip)
- Impact Engine - Variety (Shows a defender taking out a player that is going after the ball)
- Impact Engine - Contextual Dribble Turns (Shows a player tapping the ball ahead, just a bit, then jumping to avoid a sliding tackle)
- Impact Engine - Difficult Situations (Shows a player trying to kick the ball, but hits the other players foot instead and falls over)
- Impact Engine - Shared Collisions (Shows 2 players going after the ball, each player had his own animation, depending on situation. In this particular one, it showed a player reaching out to kick a ball and the defender trying the same, after the ball is touched, the players lose balance and just looks very real)
- Impact Engine - True Injuries (Woah... Shows a player getting roughed up, trying to advance the ball, he lands awkwardly on his right knee, after a little act job, he grabs his knee and gets up, gingerly)
- True Injuries - Self Injuries (Damn, this is a great video. Anyways, this shows a player getting injured with nobody around him, looked like a strained groin and the defender takes the ball away)
- True Injuries - Re-Injury (Shows a player getting tripped up and waving to the sidelines for someone to get him or sub in for him)
- Impact Engine - Pushing and Pulling - Shows players pushing and pulling for position
Check out some of the new FIFA 12 screenshots, right here.