Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post


If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheBauerHour @ 05/18/11 11:55 AM
Broadcast cam was always a great touch. If I'm undefeated at the end of the season, it'd be interesting to flip over to the SEC Championship game and actually see in TV format who my opponent for the BCS Championship is going to be. I never had much success playing in broadcast mode, I use the regular cam for that, but for watching a CPU v CPU game, broadcast cam was perfect.
 
# 2 BenGerman @ 05/18/11 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
Broadcast cam was always a great touch. If I'm undefeated at the end of the season, it'd be interesting to flip over to the SEC Championship game and actually see in TV format who my opponent for the BCS Championship is going to be. I never had much success playing in broadcast mode, I use the regular cam for that, but for watching a CPU v CPU game, broadcast cam was perfect.
Good point. I hadn't thought of doing that, but this would be a nice use of the Broadcast cam.
 
# 3 TheBauerHour @ 05/18/11 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
I highly doubt you'll be able to view another game in-game while you're in-game your game (say that 25 times fast). Are you guys really gonna load another game and watch it for the purpose of scouting?
You wouldn't be able to do it while you're in the middle of a game of your own, but it's just interesting to sit down and watch all the work that goes into the game every year, not to mention an SEC Championship game which almost always sends the winner to the BCS Championship game.
 
# 4 TheBauerHour @ 05/18/11 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
Yea, that's my point. Not trying to flame here, and if I could do it mid-game, hell yea I would welcome it with open arms. But all this let's you do is load the game and watch it from a TV angle, which you could do last year minus the fancy angle. I just can't imagine many people being excited about watching a CPU game when you can get every bit of scouting you need by looking at their players ratings. And don't assume the SEC doesn't beat itself to hell this year
Nah I get ya, but there's been a lot of people wondering what happened to the broadcast cam. I didn't really mind not having it, but to have it again is definitely a plus.
 
# 5 BenGerman @ 05/18/11 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
Yea, that's my point. Not trying to flame here, and if I could do it mid-game, hell yea I would welcome it with open arms. But all this let's you do is load the game and watch it from a TV angle, which you could do last year minus the fancy angle. I just can't imagine many people being excited about watching a CPU game when you can get every bit of scouting you need by looking at their players ratings. And don't assume the SEC doesn't beat itself to hell this year
With College Hoops 2K8, I used to turn it on while I would be doing some homework in the background or something. I wouldn't sit down and watch it, or necessarily scout, but it was fun to play a year in a Legacy mode, and having paid attention to the stats the whole year of other teams, I feel like I sort of know the players. So its just interesting to see that kind of stuff fall into place.
 
# 6 Pokes404 @ 05/18/11 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
Hey, like I said, to each his own, and I'm really not trying to flame. Let me throw a curveball at ya though. How much better would watching football, real or fake, from the game-play camera haha. God, I would actually be able to see the schemes. I'm so sick of watching the real games from this broadcast angle. Oh, the irony lol.
I've always wanted ESPN or someone to show a game with the Skycam as their primary camera. I would love see what the QB/RBs are seeing on the play as it happens. Then you can cut to different angles on the replays to give me close-ups. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard. Just stick a wide angle lens on that thing and park it 15-20 yards behind the QB. You should be able to see the whole field.

I just think it'd be awesome to watch a game on TV and be able to read the read the coverages and see the schemes by both teams. You get this to an extent with replays and breakdowns by the color analyst, but I think it'd be more fun to make the same reads as your team as it's happening.
 
# 7 BenGerman @ 05/18/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
Hey, like I said, to each his own, and I'm really not trying to flame. Let me throw a curveball at ya though. How much better would watching football, real or fake, from the game-play camera haha. God, I would actually be able to see the schemes. I'm so sick of watching the real games from this broadcast angle. Oh, the irony lol.
I don't doubt that Broadcast Camera is no better than a Game-play Camera. But the fact of the matter is, thats not how we see on TV now. Its the same issue a lot of people have with the replays. The replays give an unrealistic camera view of the play, and even though it might be cooler to see it from that POV, that fact remains that it isn't the one we see on Saturdays.
 
# 8 hampshire2012 @ 05/18/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
. If I'm forced to sit and watch a game from that awful angle you can bet it's gonna be a real life game, but to each his own...
Haha I guess I'm not the only one who wishes games were shown from an endzone cam!
 
# 9 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 05/18/11 06:49 PM
i think the camera in the replays in a 11 suck so if they would tahe the replay cam from espn and cbs college football games it would give a better feel.
 
# 10 mcgriffi @ 05/18/11 07:04 PM
This has been news I've been looking forward to hearing for years as a Coach Mode and CPU vs CPU player. Thanks so much to the development team.
 
# 11 jmik58 @ 05/18/11 07:49 PM
Can coach mode be used with an online dynasty ... more specifically for human vs. human in online dynasty?
 
# 12 Aggies7 @ 05/18/11 07:57 PM
I hope they add some new wide replay cameras. I hate the zoomed in ones. I want to see high up replay cameras or even a blimp type camera
 
# 13 BigFan77 @ 05/18/11 09:31 PM
Designers added wider and medium cameras to replay presentation. OS guys will dig it.
 
# 14 TreyIM2 @ 05/19/11 06:21 AM
Woo, I've been wanting a true coach mode with broadcast cam but mostly in Madden, which should confirm the coach mode option in that Madden 12 menu screenshot, if it has not already been confirmed for Madden.

At any rate, NCAA is getting picked up again, by me, this yr. The only thing I hated about NCAA 11 is that it spoiled me on Madden 11. Lol
 
# 15 SkinsBoYee @ 05/19/11 09:28 AM
To not make this an actual playable camera when we have been screaming for this for the past 5 years is simply a slap in the face? Not Playable???? Wake up!
 
# 16 billysims @ 05/19/11 10:01 AM
Finally...
 
# 17 arobbi3 @ 05/19/11 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
To not make this an actual playable camera when we have been screaming for this for the past 5 years is simply a slap in the face? Not Playable???? Wake up!
I'm not sure how you expect the broadcast cam to be remotely playable... You won't be able to see all of your receivers, You won't be able to hit holes correctly while running the ball, and how exactly are you going to make field goals?

I HATE the broadcast cam style they put in RTG on field goals/punts. I don't know why anyone would want to play an entire game that way. The main camera used now has its faults, don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand the frustration for not being able to play with the broadcast cam angle.
 
# 18 billysims @ 05/19/11 10:12 AM
Oh wait. Didnt catch the nuance: this view is only available to you in Coach Mode. In other words: not a playable mode where you control the action.

Better than nothing, but would prefer full playability from BC cam.

Sounds like another feature being held back until next year.
 
# 19 Scrapps @ 05/19/11 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
I'm not sure how you expect the broadcast cam to be remotely playable... You won't be able to see all of your receivers, You won't be able to hit holes correctly while running the ball, and how exactly are you going to make field goals?

I HATE the broadcast cam style they put in RTG on field goals/punts. I don't know why anyone would want to play an entire game that way. The main camera used now has its faults, don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand the frustration for not being able to play with the broadcast cam angle.
Yet its playable in Madden. While this may not be your preferred angle of play, why not give the users more options? The fact that after 5 or 6 years on current gen, there is only one playable camera angle, is a disgrace.

Hell, Joe Montana Football on the Sega Genesis, had multiple playable camera angles.
 
# 20 billysims @ 05/19/11 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
I'm not sure how you expect the broadcast cam to be remotely playable... You won't be able to see all of your receivers, You won't be able to hit holes correctly while running the ball, and how exactly are you going to make field goals?

I HATE the broadcast cam style they put in RTG on field goals/punts. I don't know why anyone would want to play an entire game that way. The main camera used now has its faults, don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand the frustration for not being able to play with the broadcast cam angle.

For me, its playing it as if I were watching a TV broadcast. Simple.

Granted, it's not for everyone. There are alot of guys (those who post and I would imagine those who dont) who enjoy playing from that angle. To each his own.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.