Home
Madden 12 News Post


What do you make of this stuff?

Reserve your copy of Madden NFL 12 and receive exclusive players from the NFC and AFC.

NFC All Stars - A collection of the best players from the National Football Conference led by Adrian Peterson and a strong running game, this NFC All-Star team has it all. Super Bowl XLV MVP, Aaron Rodgers starts at QB and has seven fellow Green Bay teammates joining him including Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson, and Jermichael Finley. Star kick returner, Devin Hester from the Chicago Bears starts at both kick returner and punt returner, while DeSean Jackson and his 99 speed rating back up Hester on the depth chart. The NFC Stars also house arguably the best crew of linebackers in all of Madden NFL 12 with Jon Beason, Patrick Willis, Brian Urlacher, and DeMarcus Ware in the starting lineup.

AFC All Stars - Featuring the brightest stars from the American Football Conference, the AFC offense is absolutely loaded! Tom Brady and Peyton Manning take the helm at QB, with wide receivers Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne and tight end Antonio Gates catching everything thrown their way, while the three-headed of Maurice Jones-Drew, Jamaal Charles, and Arian Foster cover the backfield attack. On the defensive side of the ball, it doesn't get any prettier for opposing teams with a lineup of Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis at defensive end and James Harrison, Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis at the linebacker positions.. Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed as starting safeties and Darell Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Champ Bailey cover the cornerback position. Yikes.$20 Amazon Credit & Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Order Madden NFL 12 for the PS3 or Xbox 360 and receive the Amazon exclusive http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...=operasport-20 and http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...=operasport-20 as well as $20 in Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 04/28/11 12:48 AM
Any clarification on this? Are these players for MUT, or are these Gamestop-exclusive all-star teams, or what exactly?

Frankly, I'm not sure how appealing a reserve offer of two all-star teams is, and it'd be a bit disappointing to see given that NBA2K and FIFA already allow the player to play as all-star teams out-of-the-box without any sort of exclusive preorder.

Ultimately, if it is indeed the latter it's not something that will factor into my decision as to if and where to purchase Madden. If it's exclusive players for MUT, I'm reserving at Gamestop no-questions-asked, under the condition that MUT teams are much more customizable this year (i.e. TeamBuilder and create-a-stadium implementation; these tools already exist in NCAA 11 and Madden 11, respectively, and I'm hoping to see them make the transition).

And how does the NFC team start five linebackers, including three inside linebackers (I'm assuming Clay Matthews starts at strongside linebacker rather than Willis, Urlacher, or Beason, who all play MLB)? What are they playing out there, a 2-5 front? lol
 
# 2 jagsrock95 @ 04/28/11 01:36 AM
YES!!! this is just what I always wanted....not sigh this is really the best thing they could come up with? lame. The amazon deal isn't bad though.
 
# 3 CKA15 @ 04/28/11 01:43 AM
This doesn't help out the game sales buy this lackluster pre-order bonus.
At least NCAA is giving us uniforms for a pre-order
 
# 4 oneamongthefence @ 04/28/11 02:51 AM
well my first reaction was why isn't Peyton Hillis on the afc team. Also this really isn't a bonus as I can create a team in franchise and put any player on that team. I'm assuming these teams can't be used for online. Pretty sweet preorder tho if you're into MUT tho.
 
# 5 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/28/11 02:57 AM
I'm not going to pre-order M12, but if I did, this wouldn't entice me. If I pre-order, I want something that is truly exclusive, not a reorganization of players that I could do myself in roster mode.

Although I suppose this pre-order could gain some exclusivity if EA allowed these allstar teams online. But the amount of uproar that would cause would be immense so I doubt it.
 
# 6 Bellsprout @ 04/28/11 03:41 AM
If that's Ultimate Team then, whatever. If they give it to me when I buy the game at midnight, cool, if not, whatever. I don't play UT so I'm indifferent.

If they're All-Star teams that you can play with I'm slightly more intrigued, but it's still not much of an incentive.
 
# 7 brza37 @ 04/28/11 03:45 AM
ummm... Weren't All-Star teams included in every version of Madden since the 90s? It doesn't say anywhere that these teams are for MUT. Or am I missing something?
 
# 8 CM Hooe @ 04/28/11 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
ummm... Weren't All-Star teams included in every version of Madden since the 90s? It doesn't say anywhere that these teams are for MUT. Or am I missing something?
You're probably not missing anything, I'm simply hoping that the preorder content isn't something so entirely useless as rookie / allstar teams, which most other - if not ALL other - sports games include in-the-box and on-the-disc without having to preorder from a specific chain, or input a download code, or what have you.

The only really logical preorder tie-in I really see for Madden with MUT; Madden's not like other games in that one doesn't typically extend it with DLC such as map packs and health bonuses in first-person shooter games (referring to Call of Duty and Duke Nukem Forever), or extra tracks for music games (like The Doors in Rock Band 3). The only really dynamic part of Madden in this regard is MUT, which has been wildly successful for EA from all accounts, and though I'm not marketing genius I'd opine that it'd make more sense for EA to continue to promote that.

If all-star teams are really the preorder bonus, I'm disappointed in EA for stooping to that level (as I'm guessing like all other pre-order DLC that they will be sold later to all other customers), but again it won't stop me from buying the game elsewhere and ignoring this rather lame DLC when it is released to XBL Marketplace.
 
# 9 brza37 @ 04/28/11 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
You're probably not missing anything, I'm simply hoping that the preorder content isn't something so entirely useless as rookie / allstar teams, which most other - if not ALL other - sports games include in-the-box and on-the-disc without having to preorder from a specific chain, or input a download code, or what have you.

The only really logical preorder tie-in I really see for Madden with MUT; Madden's not like other games in that one doesn't typically extend it with DLC such as map packs and health bonuses in first-person shooter games (referring to Call of Duty and Duke Nukem Forever), or extra tracks for music games (like The Doors in Rock Band 3). The only really dynamic part of Madden in this regard is MUT, which has been wildly successful for EA from all accounts, and though I'm not marketing genius I'd opine that it'd make more sense for EA to continue to promote that.

If all-star teams are really the preorder bonus, I'm disappointed in EA for stooping to that level (as I'm guessing like all other pre-order DLC that they will be sold later to all other customers), but again it won't stop me from buying the game elsewhere and ignoring this rather lame DLC when it is released to XBL Marketplace.
I agree 100%. I don't really care about playing with All-Star teams and I don't play MUT either but I can understand for people who do MUT that this would be a big incentive.
If this isn't for MUT though that is an awful move on EA's part. And its a really slippery slope that they're going down.

This is actually something that I was talking about with the NCAA pre-order bonus. First its just alt-unis now with Madden its become teams as the next step along a slippery slope.
Back when I was a kid though I did like to play with or against all-star teams in Play Now and I think there probably are a bunch of people who would be really disappointed if they weren't in the game without a GS pre-order.
Hopefully someone in marketing just forgot to mention in the blurb that these teams are for MUT and I'll refrain from discussing "what ifs" until there is some confirmation one way or the other.
 
# 10 ExtremeGamer @ 04/28/11 05:43 AM
This makes little sense to me. So if I don't preorder from Gamestop, I essentially don't get the Pro Bowl teams which have been in every Madden game as long as I can remember.

And Amazon gives me 2 different teams, rookies and sophmores, plus $20. Yeah, really a no brainer to go with Amazon.
 
# 11 PGaither84 @ 04/28/11 05:50 AM
I don't think the Pro-Bowl/All-Star teams have been in the game since last gen, and even then they were madden cards.

As long as they are not charging for them.

Also, unless they are wearing their team helmets, like in real life, who cares? There was only a short time on last generation when the pro-bowl team wore their team helmets. I want to say it was Madden 04 through at least 07 on last gen, but never this generation.
 
# 12 ExtremeGamer @ 04/28/11 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I don't think the Pro-Bowl/All-Star teams have been in the game since last gen, and even then they were madden cards.

As long as they are not charging for them.

Also, unless they are wearing their team helmets, like in real life, who cares? There was only a short time on last generation when the pro-bowl team wore their team helmets. I want to say it was Madden 04 through at least 07 on last gen, but never this generation.
Shows how often I ever used them or cared. LOL
 
# 13 PaperBoyx703 @ 04/28/11 07:12 AM
Eh...I dont use all-star teams, heck i dont even play the pro bowl games but that amazon had me thinking lol and not because of the rookie/sophmore promo.
 
# 14 franchiseplay @ 04/28/11 07:23 AM
im gonna need more than this to get excited. im going to get the game, because its what i do, but not exciting me leaves it open for another football title to take the reigns if and when one ever appears that can seriously challenge. AP2K8 played a great single game but not a full package
 
# 15 jmood88 @ 04/28/11 07:50 AM
I might preorder this game just for the free $20.
 
# 16 SincerelYourz @ 08/27/11 03:41 AM
Amazon sent my code today for: All Rookie and All Sophomore Teams.
 
# 17 ggsimmonds @ 08/27/11 03:54 AM
Pretty pathetic preorder special they have going. Might as well not even offer anything
 
# 18 SincerelYourz @ 08/27/11 04:08 AM
yeah...I didn't even notice the all rookie and soph team preorder bonus; i preordered for the $20 Amazon Credit
 
# 19 ODogg @ 08/30/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
Amazon sent my code today for: All Rookie and All Sophomore Teams.
Was yours a 20 character code? Did you redeem it? If so, how? See my post in the other thread below:

So what's up with this all-rookie and all-soph code Amazon sent me? It's 20 characters but the redeem code screen on the marketplace says to enter a 25 character code to redeem??
 
# 20 FunNgun034 @ 08/30/11 06:56 PM
have code to trade,, for all riookie team-- afc - nfc all stars
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.