01:56 PM - April 25, 2011 by Russell_SCEA
- Users can now share saved data files.
- Pitcher will now catch more pop up bunts, jammed hits in the air instead of ignoring them
- CPU batters will no longer swing at balls that bounce up in to the strike zone
- Fixed bug with bases loaded, two outs, ball in dirt strike three, step on home. Batter comes back up to the plate at the start of the next inning fixed.
- Fixed CPU closer getting yanked after giving up 1 run when ahead by two in a save situation
- Catcher will now catch more balls that bounce in front of him instead of blocking them. As it stands, a lot of the blocked balls turn in to WP's.
- Fixed Miguel Tejada's homerun bug - This can occur only when you make a RTTS show player and make him lefty or switch hitter, because Tejada is normally right handed.
- Fixed Errors incorrectly being called on backend of double plays, when the out wasn't made.
- The rob HR off the glove issues addressed. Now when a rob hr is attempted, the ball hit's the glove and the ball goes over the wall it is counted as a HR.
- Catcher will pick up balls under him instead of standing up all the time. Also he catches more short hops instead of standing up all the time.
- Knuckleball pitch movement addressed (no longer looks like a good change up. left and right movement occurs)
- Fixed issues with pitcher not fielding bunts that were popped up.
- Fixed the bug, not giving an error, on some error throws in the infield.
- Fixed giving batter non-existent Fielders Choice.
- Wind influence reduction based on extensive tests versus real life stats and community feedback
- Added Pitcher and Batter handedness changes. On the substitution screen, when entered from the bullpen only.
- Fixed an issue that was causing a stutter in the Start screen and during pitches in-game. Not always, but sometimes.
- Analog Pitching, is now harder to pin point your location
- Analog Hitting has been made easier
- Meter pitching, its now harder to pinpoint your location
- Fixed late catcher back pick issue that allowed the runner to take second
- Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
- Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
- Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
- Only players with 6+ years of service time will be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
- Fixed the accelerated progression where players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
- Fixed 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
- Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.OPERATION SPORTS
- Now the game doesn't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
- Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
- More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
- Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
- Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
- Fixed the issue to make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
- Fixed the issue and now more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
- Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
- Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
- All minor leaguers will now have 1 year contracts by default.
- Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.
- Clear a player's minor league option used status at the start of spring training instead of at the end of it. This was allowing the user to send players down during spring training and not have an option used.
- Fixes an event ordering issue at the end of offseason. Promotes decision to force career player contract signing to the beginning of the Advance function on the last day of offseason, in front of HandleOrganization. HandleOrganization may move the player to the 40 man roster in the HandleRenewal call, and this previously would change the Renewable status before the player was forced to sign, which would put the career player into a state the system was not prepared for.
- Sportsmanship fix for Gamer of the Day online home screen. Was always showing zero.
- Player vault appearance fix. This would happen when creating, exporting, uploading, then downloading single players. They would have a Jeter head instead of the head created.
- Custom roster load to make sure they all load the same. tested, and no more divergence. To test, use leagues with a custom roster.OPERATION SPORTS
- Framrate improvements during online game when pitcher side is from pitching view, the batter's screen takes framerate hits. This is most noticeable in TB. Graphics improvements done and the 2nd base umpire turned off.
- Balks and Batter Walk-ups should now work in league games when set to ON in League create. For Batter walk-ups Presentation Mode must be set to any option, other than Fast Play.
- Fixed the issue where once anyone in a league trades and has more than 40 players on a league team, the game may crash for some users when accessing My Leagues. Or some teams may have the wrong player and cause league problems.
- Fixed Play Now and exhibition games entered don't always have Wind at 4mph coming in from RF.
- randomness restored to wind for online games.
- Side ticker clean up, which addresses games that are in Preview status.
- On Line check swings adjustments, opening up the timing window for them. Should now be improved.
"When I started a new RTTS I used last weeks online roster file. I created my guy and entered the draft. After the team selected me it tried to auto-save but couldn't. A window popped up, reading ''UNABLE TO LOCATE THE CURRENT SAVED FILE, WHICH WAS CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. THEREFORE, NO FURTHER PROGRESS CAN BE SAVED AT THIS TIME.'' I tried to save manually but a window popped up reading ''YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO SAVE DATA CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. ONLY OVERWRITING THE CURRENT SAVED FILE WILL BE PERMITTED.'' Two options were available ''cancel'' or ''overwrite existing file.'' I selected ''overwrite existing file.'' But then the whole ''UNABLE TO SAVE DATA CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. THEREFORE, NO FURTHER PROGRESS CAN BE SAVED AT THIS TIME.'' I tried to load the roster and then start the RTTS and use the current roster option but the same exact thing happened. I could only save the RTTS if I used the default rosters. Do I have to wait for this weeks rosters to save a RTTS, or does anybody have any ideas?"
The Work Around:
1) Boot up the game. As soon as you hit the menu screen, go over & save the default roster in a new file. Don't load anything beforehand; I tried this fix as soon as I got the error in my new RTTS & it wouldn't let me create a new roster file ("There is no file present" or something similar)
2) Once you've saved that roster in a new file, load whatever roster you want to use.
3) Save the roster you just loaded over the one you just created.
Now the roster you want is stored in a file created by you, so it's not going to get jammed up & it'll let you create RTTS/Franchise files with those rosters."