Home
News Post



How often do you play online? You can answer by voting on the right on the frontpage and above you in the forums!

Member Comments
# 1 jyoung @ 04/20/11 03:16 PM
I don't have the time or desire to play single player games anymore like I did when I was a kid.

The buddies I grew up playing games with all live in different states now, so online is the only way we can keep in touch.

Online only.
 
# 2 The GIGGAS @ 04/20/11 03:19 PM
Rarely, but I generally don't have the internet to do so. I'm getting faster internet when I move in June so I'll be able to play online lot more, but I still enjoy offline more than on.
 
# 3 1WEiRDguy @ 04/20/11 03:44 PM
against friends...all the time...against other people...NEVER
 
# 4 8 @ 04/20/11 03:45 PM
I'm an offline guy. The only thing I go online for is updates and rosters.
 
# 5 Scribe1980 @ 04/20/11 03:51 PM
Never.

I play to escape, not to engage. I have to be "on" enough at work as it is, I have no desire to be that at home.

I would suggest that the early results of your poll reveal that online play is not as prevelent as some in the communuity would have you believe.
 
# 6 radney @ 04/20/11 03:55 PM
I'm the samee, just like King88.......strictly an offline guy only looking for updates and rosters.
 
# 7 SuperKyle @ 04/20/11 03:57 PM
I almost never play sports games online, because A) I'm not actually very good; B) Cheesers abound; C) disconnects abound as well.

However, I've played about 30 minutes of Black Ops single player and probably 100 hours online. Same goes for previous Calls of Duty, Halos, Gears, and ModNation Racers. I like playing games where I can come in 3rd or 4th and be happy, which doesn't happen in Madden/MLB and so on.
 
# 8 rdelizo35 @ 04/20/11 03:57 PM
Just go online for rosters, updates, and patches.
 
# 9 devroid @ 04/20/11 04:07 PM
Generally never, especially with a sports game. I still remember playing some kid on the Dreamcast in nfl2k2 I think, first time I was able to try, and he seemed to be decent, for the most part I was enjoying the experience, then in the 4th he busted out every glitchy, game-exploiting thing that he could do, repeatedly paused the game, and quit. That was the last time I tried a sports game online. I've only played a little Red Dead and a couple fighting games, but its a mode I could entirely do without. I'm more interested in playing a franchise, or in non-sports games participating in a story.
 
# 10 Mjphillips @ 04/20/11 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
I'm an offline guy. The only thing I go online for is updates and rosters.
Same here!
 
# 11 Fiddy @ 04/20/11 04:09 PM
i would have to say im about 50/50..
 
# 12 GiantBlue76 @ 04/20/11 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
Never.

I play to escape, not to engage. I have to be "on" enough at work as it is, I have no desire to be that at home.

I would suggest that the early results of your poll reveal that online play is not as prevelent as some in the communuity would have you believe.
You say that because you don't prefer it. I hate that about offline guys. They always think that the online people are nuts just because they don't like it. What fun is it to beat the crap out of the computer constantly? The only reason I play sports games is for online leagues. Offline holds my interest for about 10 minutes. It's repetitive and the challenge is gone very quickly. Playing a human being is closer to actually competing on the field in real life. Playing random lobby games is not much fun, but playing in league with reputable players with structure is as good as it gets. I think the real reason so many people on here say offline is better is because they don't find a good group of friends to play against.

Find a good group of guys and you will find it's a heck of a lot more fun.
 
# 13 abjsuperstar @ 04/20/11 04:15 PM
I play call of duty and other shooting games online only, never offline in them.
on sports games on mlb the show i play franchise, i gave up on the lag so sense mlb 10 iv been franchise only. madden iv played online franchises. cpu was terrible in madden 11. nba 2k11 i played online the most on that but i play 50/50 offline and online on 2k11. i love the show and nba2k11 cpu is a challenge and all you can blame ur self if you lose. and managing a team is a real fun experience making descions and playing to win
 
# 14 8 @ 04/20/11 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
You say that because you don't prefer it. I hate that about offline guys. They always think that the online people are nuts just because they don't like it. What fun is it to beat the crap out of the computer constantly? The only reason I play sports games is for online leagues. Offline holds my interest for about 10 minutes. It's repetitive and the challenge is gone very quickly. Playing a human being is closer to actually competing on the field in real life. Playing random lobby games is not much fun, but playing in league with reputable players with structure is as good as it gets. I think the real reason so many people on here say offline is better is because they don't find a good group of friends to play against.

Find a good group of guys and you will find it's a heck of a lot more fun.

I hear you. I think it also depends somewhat on your age group. To me playing someone online pales in comparison to playing someone who's sitting right next to you. For the most part the guys that are a tad older (this hurts to say cuz I guess that's me now) grew up playing that way, so online doesn't appeal to us as much. Also as you get a little older it's almost impossible to match up schedules with people in order to play online. I say to each his/her own!
 
# 15 jugganott @ 04/20/11 04:23 PM
Depends on the game. I want to say a great deal, but with my sports game. Every year I log fewer and fewer hours online.
 
# 16 toine2983 @ 04/20/11 04:24 PM
I very rarely play online.
 
# 17 steelers1 @ 04/20/11 04:37 PM
It's not a 50/50 thing because I play offline more, but I wouldn't call it 'rarely.' It's probably like 25% of the time, but there's not really an option for that so I picked 'sometimes'.
 
# 18 xannash @ 04/20/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
I hear you. I think it also depends somewhat on your age group. To me playing someone online pales in comparison to playing someone who's sitting right next to you. For the most part the guys that are a tad older (this hurts to say cuz I guess that's me now) grew up playing that way, so online doesn't appeal to us as much. Also as you get a little older it's almost impossible to match up schedules with people in order to play online. I say to each his/her own!

Maybe this is my problem...I'm an offline only guy but enjoy playing someone that is sitting right next to me...go figure.
 
# 19 BleacherBum2310 @ 04/20/11 04:38 PM
50-50 For me, Depends on the game. The only Sports game I go online for is Madden, all the others I'm off-line guy. NON Sports games, I go online most of the time.
 
# 20 guaps @ 04/20/11 04:50 PM
I play offline almost exclusively.

I might be persuaded to play online against some friends, but it's very rare - maybe less than 5 times so far in 2011. I still prefer the social aspect of being in the same room as my friends when I play them.
 

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.