Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post


Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #25 features the Slot Pivot.

Quote:
"Shotgun Quads Trio Slot Pivot Ė is a play thatís designed to put a horizontal stretch in the underneath coverage of zone defenses. The inside receiver closest to the formation runs a shallow cross while the next receiver to his right runs a pivot route. Those two routes going in opposite directions creates a natural void in zones for the dig route thatís ran by the next receiver over in the formation."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dr Death @ 04/15/11 10:54 AM
Does anybody know if these 25 new plays are the only new plays going into the game, or are there more but we're only seeing 25 for now? The reason I ask... and I hate to keep beating a dead and buried horse... but another year w/ out the Shovel Pass???

NFL 2K5 had the Shovel Pass in their game, which means it was in during the 2004 season. Here we are in 2011 and still no Shovel Pass? Come on EA, I know you guys read these boards... if you can have option plays you can have the Shovel Pass. If it's in the game... right?

Here, once more, is a Shovel Pass in action...


 
# 2 blkrptnt819 @ 04/15/11 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Does anybody know if these 25 new plays are the only new plays going into the game, or are there more but we're only seeing 25 for now? The reason I ask... and I hate to keep beating a dead and buried horse... but another year w/ out the Shovel Pass???

NFL 2K5 had the Shovel Pass in their game, which means it was in during the 2004 season. Here we are in 2011 and still no Shovel Pass? Come on EA, I know you guys read these boards... if you can have option plays you can have the Shovel Pass. If it's in the game... right?

Here, once more, is a Shovel Pass in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UbZGh1aHc
Super Disappoined!!!! Thought the last play would be the shovel pass option. To answer ur question they r adding more than 25 plays this year.
 
# 3 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/15/11 11:13 AM
Man this play I will be using if NCAA 12 does get Custom Playbook. That's what I'm hoping for big time. This play looks awsome. Thanks alot again Steveo for posting this.
 
# 4 TDenverFan @ 04/15/11 02:59 PM
was kinda hoping ofr some awe-inspiring play for #25...
 
# 5 DerkontheOS @ 04/15/11 03:04 PM
Now that the 25 new plays are done when are they gonna give us some real info?
 
# 6 illwill10 @ 04/15/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Now that the 25 new plays are done when are they gonna give us some real info?
embargo ends on 4/21.
So info will come on thurs. The cover athlete is revealed on Tues. and probably more pics
 
# 7 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/15/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
embargo ends on 4/21.
So info will come on thurs. The cover athlete is revealed on Tues. and probably more pics
Thanks for that info bro. Can't wait until the embargo ends then.
 
# 8 canes21 @ 04/15/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Super Disappoined!!!! Thought the last play would be the shovel pass option. To answer ur question they r adding more than 25 plays this year.
How do you know they're adding more than 25?
 
# 9 illwill10 @ 04/15/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Thanks for that info bro. Can't wait until the embargo ends then.
I 100% believe that the blog coming up will be a Presentation blog. Presentation blogs are usually one of the first blogs released(like Madden). Since they're releasing the cover, they might believe that it will be enough info for 1 week(Even though it was obvious that MArk Ingram will win). The big info will come on the draft week like MAdden.
 
# 10 Solidice @ 04/15/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
How do you know they're adding more than 25?
because EA stated that day 1(someone asked and EA replied with there are more than 25, they are just "spotlighting" 25).

also, considering a lot of these new plays are in new formations, it's easy to see that there will be more than 25.
 
# 11 thebrettness @ 04/16/11 11:03 AM
EA proves they know nothing about football again. A dig route is this "pivot" route they've created. The other route they're talking about is just a crossing route, no special name for it.
 
# 12 hampshire2012 @ 04/16/11 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrettness
EA proves they know nothing about football again. A dig route is this "pivot" route they've created. The other route they're talking about is just a crossing route, no special name for it.
All teams have different names for everything. While obviously there is a lot of overlap, this is hardly proof EA know nothing about football.

For example, what most teams/people call a "pivot" (a receiver runs an slight angle in, then turns over 180 degrees to run an out) the patriots call a "return". EDIT - In fact this is exactly what it looks like A is doing in the play art, although we can't tell which way he is turning until we see a video of the play.
 
# 13 thebrettness @ 04/16/11 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
All teams have different names for everything. While obviously there is a lot of overlap, this is hardly proof EA know nothing about football.

For example, what most teams/people call a "pivot" (a receiver runs an slight angle in, then turns over 180 degrees to run an out) the patriots call a "return". EDIT - In fact this is exactly what it looks like A is doing in the play art, although we can't tell which way he is turning until we see a video of the play.

Thats the route I'm talking about. Every terminology I've ever heard has called that route a dig. At the very least, the highlighted route that EA calls a "dig" isn't one. I guess I could be wrong, but on any team I've ever played for/camp I've been to, that pivot route has been called a dig.
 
# 14 coachchris @ 04/16/11 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrettness
Thats the route I'm talking about. Every terminology I've ever heard has called that route a dig. At the very least, the highlighted route that EA calls a "dig" isn't one. I guess I could be wrong, but on any team I've ever played for/camp I've been to, that pivot route has been called a dig.
I think the description is spot on. A "dig" route is a "deep in" which is the highlighted route on the playart. While the pivot route is called different things by different coaches most coaches consider the highlighted route a "dig."
 
# 15 Palo20 @ 04/16/11 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrettness
Thats the route I'm talking about. Every terminology I've ever heard has called that route a dig. At the very least, the highlighted route that EA calls a "dig" isn't one. I guess I could be wrong, but on any team I've ever played for/camp I've been to, that pivot route has been called a dig.
Yeah, dig is a deep in. They have it right.
 
# 16 Aggies7 @ 04/16/11 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
I think the description is spot on. A "dig" route is a "deep in" which is the highlighted route on the playart. While the pivot route is called different things by different coaches most coaches consider the highlighted route a "dig."
Yea the two coaches I played for both high school and college referred to it as a dig. And now coaching that is what I refer to it. But different coaches have different terminology.
 
# 17 sparkdawg777 @ 04/17/11 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrettness
EA proves they know nothing about football again. A dig route is this "pivot" route they've created. The other route they're talking about is just a crossing route, no special name for it.

Read the Play Description...
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.