09:46 PM - March 29, 2011 by Russell_SCEA
While I do not have a time frame for the next title update, I figured the franchise guys would want to know what has been changed in franchise mode. The list below is what has been checked into the game so far.
This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.
- Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
- Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
- Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
- Only players with 6+ years of service time should be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
- Players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
- 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
- Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.
- Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
- Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
- More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
- Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
- Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
- Make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
- Need more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
- Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
- Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
- All minor leaguers should have 1 year contracts by default.
- Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.