02:07 PM - March 29, 2011 by Brandwin
iOOTP 2011 is coming to the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch next month. Check out the details over at the official site, including a Q&A with the Developer, Markus Heinsohn. Screenshots can be seen right here.
Some of the announced features include:
- Three game modes - Major Leagues, Fictional, and Historical - with unlimited career play:
- Fictional offers two leagues full of fictional players and the ability to set them up with 2 divisions and 8 teams, 4 divisions and 16 teams, or 6 divisions and 30 teams.
- Historical serves up three exciting past seasons to recreate - 1923, 1965, and 2004 - with the chance to buy more in-game for just $0.99 each!
- Action driven by the ultra-realistic OOTP game engine, letting you simulate games or play them out individually as you dictate strategies and follow the exciting play-by-play commentary.
- An in-depth financial system that lets you trade players, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, draft players, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and the disabled list, and more.
- Managerial options that include depth charts, in-game strategies such as defensive alignments and hitting tactics, and the ability to set your lineups, rotation, and bullpen.