Home
Madden 12 News Post


Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #2 features the Colts DBL Trail.

Quote:
"Colts- Gun Bunch- Colts DBL Trail - The Colts donít use the Bunch formation very often, but when they do, this is one of the plays they like to run out of it, especially in the red zone."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeremym480 @ 03/25/11 10:48 AM
Nice looking play. Is this the play they ran where Austin Collie ran that (A) route and got jacked up by the Eagles?

 
# 2 PSRusse83 @ 03/25/11 10:51 AM
As long as 8 people dont end up in the same spot and run into eachother this play might be cool.
 
# 3 kjcheezhead @ 03/25/11 10:53 AM
3 different players running a crossing route of some type. Money every time.
 
# 4 roadman @ 03/25/11 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
3 different players running a crossing route of some type. Money every time.
Just like the Packers IRL.
 
# 5 justinjones.us @ 03/25/11 11:09 AM
This would be great against almost anything if your patient and don't get sacked. it looks like ea might be trying to make you check down your receivers. love it
 
# 6 Senator Palmer @ 03/25/11 11:14 AM
Day number 2 and play number 2 is an offensive play . Wouldn't it be cool if they released an offensive play then its potential defensive counter the next day?
 
# 7 Blackout863 @ 03/25/11 11:22 AM
all i got out of this is that this isnt a "NEW PLAY" they are just taking a play from madden and recycling it and calling it new. Typical EA
 
# 8 TheDelta @ 03/25/11 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
My concern is how fast wrs get into their routes. I can see the Y circle route taking to long to develop.
Well that's the beauty about it. If they somehow manage to take away the two fast crossing routes you still got the Y as a checkdown coming behind them when they've cleared out the defenders in the middle.

And yes, this isn't really a new play, I've used a play like this from the Cardinals playbook often, I think Pats got something like that too.
 
# 9 mvb34 @ 03/25/11 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
all i got out of this is that this isnt a "NEW PLAY" they are just taking a play from madden and recycling it and calling it new. Typical EA
Which playbook is this play in madden 11?
 
# 10 drxknockbootzx @ 03/25/11 12:27 PM
Its in many books, not that formation but it is the excact things as the Y-Trail. Same concept, the same thing madden does every year. Do the same things and call it new to try and hype it up, it is a old play in a different formation.
 
# 11 LBzrule @ 03/25/11 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I wonder what defense would use to defend this play. The route combinations attack multiple level of the defense.
I would go with a cover 1 robber with a backer in the middle or dropping the safety down. You won't get the interception every time, but you could cause some hesitation and you'll have an extra defender around to help with the tackle in the event of a catch.

And likewise, I think WR's get into their routes rather slowly in Madden. They also do not know how to navigate traffic. But I suppose they need to go slow because the 4 man line basic rush is still pretty mediocre as of Madden 11.
 
# 12 tjizzle @ 03/25/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
all i got out of this is that this isnt a "NEW PLAY" they are just taking a play from madden and recycling it and calling it new. Typical EA
Yeah this play already exists in the colts playbook, the only difference is the routes the y receiver and rb run. Not exactly 'new' at all.
 
# 13 maddenps2 @ 03/25/11 01:55 PM
Isn't adding plays a annual thing, why is each play getting a post now?
 
# 14 mvb34 @ 03/25/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drxknockbootzx
Its in many books, not that formation but it is the excact things as the Y-Trail. Same concept, the same thing madden does every year. Do the same things and call it new to try and hype it up, it is a old play in a different formation.

You do know that how its done in the NFL right?
 
# 15 mvb34 @ 03/25/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
Y, A, and B should be wide open every time. On 3rd and 5 this play would be money in the bank. Especially the TE, Jermichael Finley would beast in this play.
Here's hoping the DL pass rush is improved in Madden 12..
 
# 16 Rocky @ 03/25/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just like the Packers IRL.
The problem is in Madden 11, this would be open no matter what team you were using, no matter what team you would be playing against...regardless if you knew it was coming or not.
 
# 17 adembroski @ 03/25/11 05:28 PM
Quote:
"Colts- Gun Bunch- Colts DBL Trail - The Colts donít use the Bunch formation very often, but when they do, this is one of the plays they like to run out of it, especially in the red zone."
The Most Interesting Playbook in the World.
 
# 18 roadman @ 03/25/11 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
The problem is in Madden 11, this would be open no matter what team you were using, no matter what team you would be playing against...regardless if you knew it was coming or not.
I agree with you before the last patch in December. After that patch, I felt the crossing pattern was more difficult to complete with coverage.
 
# 19 JSTEWY @ 03/25/11 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I would go with a cover 1 robber with a backer in the middle or dropping the safety down. You won't get the interception every time, but you could cause some hesitation and you'll have an extra defender around to help with the tackle in the event of a catch.

And likewise, I think WR's get into their routes rather slowly in Madden. They also do not know how to navigate traffic. But I suppose they need to go slow because the 4 man line basic rush is still pretty mediocre as of Madden 11.
If that's Garcon or Calvin Johnson as the X receiver with no safety help over the top= Touchdown every time. Lets not even discuss the delayed route by the HB(Best)
 
# 20 Exonerated @ 03/26/11 09:32 AM
This is a sick rub play.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.