Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post


Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #6 features the Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide.

Quote:
"Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide – This is a play action boot pass that has two deep crossing receivers and one receiver, usually a TE, who slides under the line of scrimmage and in the flat. Oregon likes to use this play once they get near their opponent’s red zone. They’re usually successful at getting the ball to one of the crossing receivers for a big play."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/21/11 12:36 PM
Bingo.........
 
# 2 LBzrule @ 03/21/11 12:47 PM
I can see how I would change this play. I would send the TE (A) on a streak rather than keeping him in to block. I would send X WR on a streak. This way the streak would clear out things for Y against man and zone and both streaks can pull the linebackers off the crossing route in zone as well as be options against certain zones.
 
# 3 splff3000 @ 03/21/11 01:17 PM
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer or nothing, but I bet ya this play doesn't work like it's supposed to lol. There's quite a few plays that looks like this in 11, but it don't work like it should. Looking closely at the play art, I'm willing to bet, the TE and RB run into each other at some point. That was the case for a play similar to this in 11.
 
# 4 Palo20 @ 03/21/11 01:38 PM
As long as the play action is fixed next year, this will be a good addition.
 
# 5 Gossennator @ 03/21/11 02:27 PM
Can't wait to see this in action
 
# 6 khaliib @ 03/21/11 02:55 PM
If this is for '12, an con't issue will happen.

According to the playart, the linemen are immediately dropping back into Pass Pro instead of blocking down like a read play blocking scheme does.

Playaction is suppose to look like a run 1st, which means the blocking scheme should mimmick a run.

Again, I wish there was some communication with the community leading up to this point, as it seems like again, the little things that hurt the game may not be addressed again.

Madden did a decent job of this.
When Manning or QB with great playaction rating did playaction, it really looked like a run play.

Oh, well.
 
# 7 CuseGirl @ 03/21/11 05:31 PM
the real issue is that EA is making an event out of "adding new plays"? As if this play was just invented?
 
# 8 statdude @ 03/21/11 05:34 PM

Go to 6:40.

I though I saw this play before and wouldn't you know it.
 
# 9 statdude @ 03/21/11 05:38 PM
Also, Cover 2 is so screwed up with this play
 
# 10 KyGamerLT @ 03/21/11 06:33 PM
Will the Oline block with PA plays? will the running backs Attack the defender blitzing in? Nice play Please make them block correctly.
 
# 11 JonathanPDX @ 03/21/11 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude




I though I saw this play before and wouldn't you know it.
Look at how quickly he goes from making the fake to throwing the ball. There are two problems with running this type of play action in the current version of NCAA FB. First, there's a delay between faking and being able to throw it. Adding an extra second onto that play in the actual game would lead to disaster. The second problem is the auto-blitz on every PA play. I can call play action from any formation at any point in the game or place on the field and 90% of the time the defense knows it and I get blitzed by the computer. Combine the delay with a psychic blitz and it's not even worth calling the play to begin with.
 
# 12 statdude @ 03/21/11 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPDX
Look at how quickly he goes from making the fake to throwing the ball. There are two problems with running this type of play action in the current version of NCAA FB. First, there's a delay between faking and being able to throw it. Adding an extra second onto that play in the actual game would lead to disaster. The second problem is the auto-blitz on every PA play. I can call play action from any formation at any point in the game or place on the field and 90% of the time the defense knows it and I get blitzed by the computer. Combine the delay with a psychic blitz and it's not even worth calling the play to begin with.
Also, look at the way the line shifts over to the left with the PA, and he has either room to run or pass. Also, one more thing that game forgets is how to set up the play. USC got burned on that play because Oregon set up the run, and came back and owned them.
 
# 13 steelers1 @ 03/21/11 11:58 PM
None of these offensive plays look all that 'fresh' or like something I'll use... It's not that I don't appreciate the new plays, but it's kind of discouraging that a) there are only 25 total new plays offensively and defensively and b) it's probably going to be a back of the box type feature.

I'm hoping for more pass plays that utilize option routes or some other cool stuff that they don't have much of like delayed routes from TEs, TE screens, timing type plays, shovel passes, more bootlegs, designed rollouts, new routes in general, etc.
 
# 14 SkillzKillz719 @ 03/22/11 12:51 AM
It's already been said a thousand times, but the only way this works is if the play action is better. Hopefully this play works as it seems like a play I would run on a 3 and 4 or something.
 
# 15 mikehud @ 03/23/11 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
None of these offensive plays look all that 'fresh' or like something I'll use... It's not that I don't appreciate the new plays, but it's kind of discouraging that a) there are only 25 total new plays offensively and defensively and b) it's probably going to be a back of the box type feature.

I'm hoping for more pass plays that utilize option routes or some other cool stuff that they don't have much of like delayed routes from TEs, TE screens, timing type plays, shovel passes, more bootlegs, designed rollouts, new routes in general, etc.
I doubt that there are only 25 new plays total added to the game. with a couple O plays, they added new formations. unless those formations are sub-sets of pre-existing ones, they'd have to add more plays to those formations for them to be playable.
 
# 16 Solidice @ 03/23/11 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
I doubt that there are only 25 new plays total added to the game. with a couple O plays, they added new formations. unless those formations are sub-sets of pre-existing ones, they'd have to add more plays to those formations for them to be playable.
it was already stated by EA that there were more than 25 new plays in NCAA 12. they are just highlighting 25 of them.
 
# 17 NINJAK2 @ 03/23/11 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Hopefully we can get the play action without being sacked
Well said and to the point. 25 new plays mean nothing if they can't be utilized at all due to poor line blocking and defensive ball players who are omniscient.
 
# 18 mikehud @ 03/23/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it was already stated by EA that there were more than 25 new plays in NCAA 12. they are just highlighting 25 of them.
I was replying to another poster who made mention of only 25 new plays. i hadn't seen where EA made that statement, but if it's out there, then we're golden
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.