Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post


Check out the MLB 11 The Show 40-Man roster ratings for the National League West. More to come.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sports fanantic @ 03/03/11 10:51 PM
shock to see Javior Lopez not get a better rating.

also, didn't matt kemp had a bad season, why is he higher rating than andre?
 
# 2 franch1se @ 03/03/11 11:26 PM
who the heck are Scott Rohde, Jason Villa, Paul Hainey, Steve Abbot and Noah Anthony on the Padres? I assume they are fake players. I never understand why SCEA removes guys who have real MLB time just because they didn't get called up last year. For example, SP Aaron Poreda (big piece in Peavy trade), Samuel Deduno and others. They were in last years game with faces and everything.
 
# 3 BatsareBugs @ 03/03/11 11:34 PM
Samuel Denudo is currently on the Rockies roster as he was claimed off waivers well after their cutoff.

Poreda's exclusion is inconsequential though, he was a big piece in the trade, but he couldn't cut it as a starter and his control problems as a reliever makes him nothing more than fodder unless he turns it around.
 
# 4 Stikskillz @ 03/04/11 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
shock to see Javior Lopez not get a better rating.

also, didn't matt kemp had a bad season, why is he higher rating than andre?
I think both of these guys will get boosts once the player ratings are updated. I thought for sure Torres would have better ratings. I asked two of the guys who got the game early what Torres's speed and fielding rating he is. They PM'd me the following.

speed is 70 fielding 68......needs adjusted.

Torres is one of the fastest players in the league and Karros even comments in the demo on Torres's speed. Let's not forget his excellent range and defensive prowess. He made 1 error last season. Wow!
 
# 5 franch1se @ 03/04/11 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Samuel Denudo is currently on the Rockies roster as he was claimed off waivers well after their cutoff.

Poreda's exclusion is inconsequential though, he was a big piece in the trade, but he couldn't cut it as a starter and his control problems as a reliever makes him nothing more than fodder unless he turns it around.
I understand they may not be top of the line stud prospects anymore but I like Poreda. But if it comes down to him vs a fake player....give me the real player any day of the week. He's already in game so it's not like they have to build him a new model.
 
# 6 Russell_SCEA @ 03/04/11 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
who the heck are Scott Rohde, Jason Villa, Paul Hainey, Steve Abbot and Noah Anthony on the Padres? I assume they are fake players. I never understand why SCEA removes guys who have real MLB time just because they didn't get called up last year. For example, SP Aaron Poreda (big piece in Peavy trade), Samuel Deduno and others. They were in last years game with faces and everything.
Scott Rohde is the Vice President of SCEA World Wide Studios Product Development
 
# 7 franch1se @ 03/04/11 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Scott Rohde is the Vice President of SCEA World Wide Studios Product Development
In that case, is he mad at the ratings you gave him?

Anyways, just curious Russell, why is it you guys remove players if they aren't called up the year prior? I know its happened with Antonelli before and Poreda this year. I assume with others as well across the league but I mainly follow the Padres.
 
# 8 WeimaBrewer @ 03/04/11 02:17 AM
Why are the salaries incorrect? I'm pretty sure Prince Fielder doesn't make 4 mil. Try 15 mil. I don't get this?
 
# 9 bcruise @ 03/04/11 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimaBrewer
Why are the salaries incorrect? I'm pretty sure Prince Fielder doesn't make 4 mil. Try 15 mil. I don't get this?
Are we gonna have this discussion in every one of these rating threads?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042173263

Enigma was one of the community day guys, he knows what he's talking about (plus this has been mentioned to us many times by the devs themselves).
 
# 10 scooteristkai @ 03/04/11 06:07 AM
...and you Mr. Russell are on the Rays 40-man roster as a 22 year old stud right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Scott Rohde is the Vice President of SCEA World Wide Studios Product Development
 
# 11 Shaffer26 @ 03/04/11 07:41 AM
Anyone else feel that CarGo is just a little too high?
 
# 12 pay26 @ 03/04/11 09:07 AM
Alfredo Amezaga is not on the list of rockies?
 
# 13 econoodle @ 03/04/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
In that case, is he mad at the ratings you gave him?

Anyways, just curious Russell, why is it you guys remove players if they aren't called up the year prior? I know its happened with Antonelli before and Poreda this year. I assume with others as well across the league but I mainly follow the Padres.

Like you and Smokey Robinson, I second that emotion.

I wanted Kei Igawa in there.
It's kind of silly to take out real Major Leaguers who are still under contract to ML teams to put in fake ones. especially Sony suits for crying out loud.

lol
 
# 14 WeimaBrewer @ 03/11/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042173263

Enigma was one of the community day guys, he knows what he's talking about (plus this has been mentioned to us many times by the devs themselves).
Thanks for the info. I had no idea.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.