Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 03/03/11 07:24 PM
Hmmm, that already worries me about the PC version given 2k's history of long-delayed PC patches....

Regarding the HR to center bug, I guess it's safe to assume the demo was a close-to-final build then?

Thanks for the info.
 
# 2 jeffy777 @ 03/03/11 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Hmmm, that already worries me about the PC version given 2k's history of long-delayed PC patches....

Regarding the HR to center bug, I guess it's safe to assume the demo was a close-to-final build then?

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, no one really knows how close-to-final a build it is, but I'm thinking maybe Ron doesn't see it specifically in the patch notes with the way he said *should* be fixed, so maybe (and hopefully) that means it was already fixed in the final build. It's not entirely clear at this point, so we'll see.

This is all he had to say about the demo build (in reference to both MLB and Top Spin):

Quote:
Ronnie2K: For clarity: the demos, while many of you have enjoyed them, are never the final build. There are always tweaks being made
Update on PC Version:

Good news for PC gamers from Ronnie's twitter:

Quote:
Ronnie2K: Been informed that since #MLB2K11 PC was submitted later than console, the PC version will have almost all the tweaks the day one patch has
 
# 3 rudyjuly2 @ 03/03/11 07:37 PM
Last year the 360 got an early patch but the PS3 only got one patch much later. I hope we get a launch patch this year.
 
# 4 ssryry29 @ 03/03/11 07:45 PM
did he say what will be in the patch other than the HR glitch?
 
# 5 rudyjuly2 @ 03/03/11 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssryry29
did he say what will be in the patch other than the HR glitch?
He only said he had a list and will announce what got patched on the day of release. Pretty standard stuff for patches although it would be nice to know a little earlier.
 
# 6 tvman @ 03/03/11 08:06 PM
I'll wait and see what happens before i buy the game for my PS3,
 
# 7 jeffy777 @ 03/03/11 08:55 PM
It's also for PS3 guys:

Quote:
RT @rudyjuly2@Ronnie2K Is the day one patch for both PS3 and 360?->Yes
 
# 8 BA2929 @ 03/03/11 09:03 PM
It seems nearly every game I buy anymore has a Day 1 patch. Since they go final at least 2 weeks (I'm not sure exactly, so I guessed 2 weeks) before release day, they have plenty of time to tweak stuff before it. I'm not surprised in the least.

Would like to know what they addressed, however.
 
# 9 jeffy777 @ 03/03/11 09:04 PM
Sounds like the demo build was pretty early:

Quote:
@rudyjuly2 I see you're talking on OS. Tell them the demo builds for both Top Spin and MLB are pretty early, even though ppl enjoy it
 
# 10 bcruise @ 03/03/11 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Sounds like the demo build was pretty early:
Well, that's good news. Since you're talking to him (or Ron, if you're reading this ) can you ask if there will be a day 1 (or close) PC patch as well as the console ones?

Thanks!
 
# 11 jeffy777 @ 03/03/11 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Well, that's good news. Since you're talking to him (or Ron, if you're reading this ) can you ask if there will be a day 1 (or close) PC patch as well as the console ones?

Thanks!
I'm just following him on twitter, but I can ask him that on there if you don't have an account.

Sounds like he might be reading these threads though, so maybe he'll make an account here...
 
# 12 bcruise @ 03/03/11 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I'm just following him on twitter, but I can ask him that on there if you don't have an account.
Yeah, I don't really do the social networking thing...if you could ask, that'd be great!
 
# 13 Sheldon27 @ 03/03/11 09:22 PM
It's gonna be free right? Man, I'm really excited about this game, I already loved the demo, the full game with this patch seems to be heading into a great direction, I can't wait to buy it
 
# 14 BA2929 @ 03/03/11 09:23 PM
Patches are always free.
It's DLC that isn't.
 
# 15 jeffy777 @ 03/03/11 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, I don't really do the social networking thing...if you could ask, that'd be great!
I tweeted at him with the question, and a suggestion that 2K should post here, so hopefully he'll get back to me tomorrow.
 
# 16 Footballforever @ 03/03/11 09:48 PM
I think this is great news.
 
# 17 jeffy777 @ 03/03/11 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I think this is great news.
Me too. It shows that they've been busy tweaking/improving the game since the demo, and even after the game went off to production.
 
# 18 tvman @ 03/03/11 10:25 PM
Glad to hear a day 1 PS3 patch. Thanks for keeping us informed jeffy!
 
# 19 yanks65 @ 03/03/11 10:58 PM
Hey guys..I'm new here and just saw this thread...I'm really liking this game so far from the demo..how are patches downloaded? Do they just automatically download with the roster update?
 
# 20 jeffy777 @ 03/03/11 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks65
Hey guys..I'm new here and just saw this thread...I'm really liking this game so far from the demo..how are patches downloaded? Do they just automatically download with the roster update?
On 360, when you first start up the game it will tell you that an update is available and it will ask if you want to apply it.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.