Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

As mentioned yesterday, the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete will be selected by Facebook fan voting.

The four candidates to grace the cover of NCAA Football 12 will be Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray, former Alabama running back Mark Ingram, ex-Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and recent Washington quarterback Jake Locker.

You can vote now, by clicking here.

NCAA Football 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 99 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bamafan3723 @ 03/03/11 08:51 AM
ROLL TIDE ROLL Mark Ingram!!!
 
# 2 Scrapps @ 03/03/11 09:09 AM
yawn.......
 
# 3 brza37 @ 03/03/11 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenw74
im not voting for any of these schools, but if i did, id vote for fairley just 2 see a def. player on the cover. hate bama, sooners & wash. doesnt have the national recognition. I hope EA releases their 1st blog in conjunction as well, otherwise this day will be a major letdown.
Exactly. I thought that the crew at Tiburon finally understood that the cover athlete doesn't qualify as a "HUGE NCAA Football 12 announcement!"
HUGE implies a bomb new feature like Coaching Carousel or something. Guess I just got my hopes up again...
 
# 4 jeremym480 @ 03/03/11 09:39 AM
It would be a shame if Mark Ingram didn't win this.
 
# 5 khaliib @ 03/03/11 09:41 AM
Far, Far behind as usual!!!

OMG, this method of beginning the rollout is about 3 years behind.

The community is at the point were we are creating our "Own" Custom Covers, so a Facebook style voting? Really!

Wouldn't folks rather see there player/school on their games cover?

It's always the Big Schools that get the...
-Cover
-Ratings
-Bands
-Field Entrance

Interesting that again, the selections are Offensive heavy.
One Defensive Guy, in a year when outside of Oregon, it was all about the Defense.
-Hope this is not a sign that the Defensive side didn't get the focus to fix the Many complaints.

Lastly, Locker and Murray of all the Athletes?
You got to be kidding, right?

Neither player was the top at their position, neither did their team finish in top 3.

What do the TCU's have to do so EA at least put them in the voting?
Big Schools get the push, again.
 
# 6 COACH WEBB @ 03/03/11 09:52 AM
The new NCAA 12 website is now live.

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football

Check out the background...we may be getting College Gameday.
 
# 7 fishepa @ 03/03/11 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It would be a shame if Mark Ingram didn't win this.
How do you figure? Ingram was hardly dominating in anything he does.
 
# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/03/11 10:18 AM
I am shocked Ingram is even up there, he didn't have a stunning season last year. To not have Cam Newton in the running is a shame in itself.

I would have rather they had choose people who led the nation stats wise in something. None of these people led the nation in anything stats wise last season.
 
# 9 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/03/11 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenw74
im not voting for any of these schools, but if i did, id vote for fairley just 2 see a def. player on the cover. hate bama, sooners & wash. doesnt have the national recognition. I hope EA releases their 1st blog in conjunction as well, otherwise this day will be a major letdown.
They already released a blog today, it is all about the cover photo voting.

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/u-want-me-blog
 
# 10 willz1985 @ 03/03/11 10:50 AM
I want none of them actually, gimme vincent brown and i'll be happy lol

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! AZTECS!!!!!
 
# 11 JoeMimic @ 03/03/11 10:52 AM
No love for LaMichael James? Damn....
 
# 12 Legend Killer @ 03/03/11 10:54 AM
Nice little video. I'm going with Nick Farly as my vote. Hope he becomes a panther in the draft this year aswell.
 
# 13 illwill10 @ 03/03/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
No love for LaMichael James? Damn....
still in college
 
# 14 brza37 @ 03/03/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH WEBB
The new NCAA 12 website is now live.

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football

Check out the background...we may be getting College Gameday.
True, didn't notice that. College Gameday would be cool although not as nice as a CH2k8 style Coaching Carousel. I hope that Gameday will be implemented alot better than Extra Point though if it is in fact in the game. For this they should copy again a 2k example like in CH2k8 or NFL2k5. Animated Hosts + Video Highlights + a ton of different story angles is way better than Live Video Hosts + no video or photos + repetitive, senseless (The *Team Name* has run x many more plays than the Visitors)

Anyway though, a College Gameday addition to NCAA 12 would qualify as a "HUGE NCAA Football 12 Announcement" though. The day has 12 hours left, maybe we'll get our "HUGE" announcement yet.
 
# 15 Tengo Juego @ 03/03/11 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
How do you figure? Ingram was hardly dominating in anything he does.
Forgetting he's a former Heisman and National Champion. I guess Tebow shouldn't have been on the cover either. Because his Senior season wasn't all that "dominating."

It doesn't really matter who's on the cover, as far as I'm concerned. The guys here on OS make dozens and dozens of custom covers. A Husker will be on mine regardless.
 
# 16 mm boost @ 03/03/11 12:14 PM
Do you guys think maybe the cover athletes were a diversion, and that we are getting a blog or something later today? Look at the times the blog and videos were posted, and it was well before 10 am. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I think maybe more news is coming later today. Both devs hinted that it was coming VERY soon, we already knew about cover athletes yesterday, so that is not big news.

If ncaa 2012 has college gameday, and it is implemented correctly, i am going to be so damn happy.

And actually, I will go out on a limb and say there will be college gameday. Think about it guys, in NCAA 2011, they had the college gameday sets and graphics and stuff, but none of the commentators and such. I have a feeling that they had to set a base template for last year, and then for 2012, they build off of that to create the gameday experience. i can't wait to see this game, I am so damn excited.
 
# 17 Solidice @ 03/03/11 12:26 PM
I wouldn't expect a "big feature" to be announced until the week of the EA NFL Draft Night event thing that they usually have. That seems to be when they start releasing big stuff about the game, with the next "round" being around the E3 Event.

not sure when they'll start releasing small info, likely in the next week or so, but don't expect something "huge" this early when it comes to actual game features.
 
# 18 TrojanMan3 @ 03/03/11 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Do you guys think maybe the cover athletes were a diversion, and that we are getting a blog or something later today? Look at the times the blog and videos were posted, and it was well before 10 am. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I think maybe more news is coming later today. Both devs hinted that it was coming VERY soon, we already knew about cover athletes yesterday, so that is not big news.

If ncaa 2012 has college gameday, and it is implemented correctly, i am going to be so damn happy.

And actually, I will go out on a limb and say there will be college gameday. Think about it guys, in NCAA 2011, they had the college gameday sets and graphics and stuff, but none of the commentators and such. I have a feeling that they had to set a base template for last year, and then for 2012, they build off of that to create the gameday experience. i can't wait to see this game, I am so damn excited.
Yea dude. If gameday is in that's already a must by for me.
 
# 19 DLowery @ 03/03/11 12:28 PM
All 4 are gonna be cover athletes. One for each console.
 
# 20 illwill10 @ 03/03/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLowery
All 4 are gonna be cover athletes. One for each console.
They should just do it like that.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.