Home
Fight Night Champion News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Roadlesstrvld4 @ 02/17/11 12:22 AM
This feature alone, if done correctly, will put the game over the top!!! OS better have its own gym!!!!
 
# 2 D-Hiatus @ 02/17/11 09:42 AM
Pure SICK!!! Aww man they just made me that much more excited about this games upcoming release!!! Good stuff!
 
# 3 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/17/11 11:51 AM
Ok, I just got really excited about this game and the online gyms. That's pretty nice. I hope it's done correctly, if so, THIS could be a feature of the year!
 
# 4 allBthere @ 02/17/11 12:14 PM
how many fit in the gym? It would be cool if it's almost limitless.

let's say 100 people from OS join an OS gym and we're all middleweights. That would be like a real world competition for the belt. I wonder how slow the progression is and how crappy you are to start off (hope not too crappy)
 
# 5 JayBee74 @ 02/17/11 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
how many fit in the gym? It would be cool if it's almost limitless.

let's say 100 people from OS join an OS gym and we're all middleweights. That would be like a real world competition for the belt. I wonder how slow the progression is and how crappy you are to start off (hope not too crappy)
pretty incredible stuff.
 
# 6 Hova57 @ 02/17/11 12:39 PM
You can only have 32 boxers per gym still you could OS east and west gyms. Looks pretty cool
 
# 7 JayBee74 @ 02/17/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
You can only have 32 boxers per gym still you could OS east and west gyms. Looks pretty cool
One of the parameters for season mode is fighting every other gym member a specific number of times. So a 32 boxer season would consist of a minimum of a 31 fight "regular" season that would lead into a post season tournament. I'm wondering if it will be a straight Won-Lost type of thing or options for a Super Six type KO/TKO +1 bonus.

This from the EA site:

Some of the Customizable Gym Settings are:
- All gameplay sliders and settings
- Number of rounds
- Referee logic and rules
…and more
 
# 8 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/17/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
You can only have 32 boxers per gym still you could OS east and west gyms. Looks pretty cool
From there you could do gym fights where you have e vs. w or n vs. s. As long as it's done properly this could be a huge addition to the series.
 
# 9 JayBee74 @ 02/17/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
From there you could do gym fights where you have e vs. w or n vs. s. As long as it's done properly this could be a huge addition to the series.
Yeah, I think those gym vs gym fights are either 48 or 72 hour tourneys. Of course you have to get each gym on the same page in terms of sliders, ref logic, etc.
 
# 10 acts238shaun @ 02/17/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
how many fit in the gym? It would be cool if it's almost limitless.

let's say 100 people from OS join an OS gym and we're all middleweights. That would be like a real world competition for the belt. I wonder how slow the progression is and how crappy you are to start off (hope not too crappy)
In the vid it had an 83 and an 84 rated boxer facing each other.
 
# 11 The Visualizer @ 02/17/11 02:49 PM
I doubt you would even need to split the OS gym into East and West, it seems like with the regular OS posters 360/PS3 users are split pretty evenly and even when people start coming out of the woodwork during release week there still probably won't be anywhere near 32 people that will be interested in signing up.
 
# 12 JayBee74 @ 02/17/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
I doubt you would even need to split the OS gym into East and West, it seems like with the regular OS posters 360/PS3 users are split pretty evenly and even when people start coming out of the woodwork during release week there still probably won't be anywhere near 32 people that will be interested in signing up.
I think you are right.
 
# 13 allBthere @ 02/17/11 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah, I think those gym vs gym fights are either 48 or 72 hour tourneys. Of course you have to get each gym on the same page in terms of sliders, ref logic, etc.
lol i just noticed 'ref logic' .... hahah what logic he just stands there
 
# 14 Money99 @ 02/18/11 08:14 AM
Is there going to be a 'regular' mode so to speak?
In other words, a mode where you don't have a season or tournament to crown a champ.
Where one guy wins the belt, and then has to defend it while others work up and down the ladder?
 
# 15 Hova57 @ 02/18/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
I doubt you would even need to split the OS gym into East and West, it seems like with the regular OS posters 360/PS3 users are split pretty evenly and even when people start coming out of the woodwork during release week there still probably won't be anywhere near 32 people that will be interested in signing up.
you could still have up to 32 so maybe we will have 16 or so would just have to figure out for tournaments against other gyms will it be worth it. Even still to have a place where just OS guys can fight is a bonus compared to fighting the general public.
 
# 16 The Visualizer @ 02/18/11 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
you could still have up to 32 so maybe we will have 16 or so would just have to figure out for tournaments against other gyms will it be worth it. Even still to have a place where just OS guys can fight is a bonus compared to fighting the general public.
Most definately, I hope I didn't come off as downplaying it as a great feature. I was just pointing out that I doubt it will be necessary to split the gym unless people have trouble with fitting in matches because of the timezone differences.
 
# 17 JayBee74 @ 02/18/11 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
you could still have up to 32 so maybe we will have 16 or so would just have to figure out for tournaments against other gyms will it be worth it. Even still to have a place where just OS guys can fight is a bonus compared to fighting the general public.
When battling other gyms common sliders will be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Is there going to be a 'regular' mode so to speak?
In other words, a mode where you don't have a season or tournament to crown a champ.
Where one guy wins the belt, and then has to defend it while others work up and down the ladder?
No, it's either regular season/tourney or tourney.
 
# 18 JayBee74 @ 02/18/11 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
lol i just noticed 'ref logic' .... hahah what logic he just stands there
Probably how soon would he stop a fight on cuts or stuns (TKO), and how quick he would deduct a point or disqualify for illegal blows or excessive clinching.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.