Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post


Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rase @ 01/12/11 03:17 PM
Wow at the details on the helmet... was it in MLB 10??

And:

A) This reporter is a Hobbit

B) Russell is really tall
 
# 2 ckarlic @ 01/12/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMcPG4xp6I

Don't think this has been posted yet...enjoy!
Nice. Great to see some Yankee Stadium footage. Liking how they got Swisher's stance down!!
 
# 3 JayD @ 01/12/11 03:30 PM
I'm still a bit worried about the call up and send down function in RTTS. Like he was talking say Pujols starts struggling and your player in AAA is hitting the crap out of the ball would the Cards send Pujols down and send your player up?
 
# 4 Doormat @ 01/12/11 03:41 PM
Hoping I can get my PS3 repaired ASAP before the release date
The game looks as good as ever
 
# 5 Russell_SCEA @ 01/12/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I'm still a bit worried about the call up and send down function in RTTS. Like he was talking say Pujols starts struggling and your player in AAA is hitting the crap out of the ball would the Cards send Pujols down and send your player up?

Player ratings are still factored in just not heavily as last year.
 
# 6 JayD @ 01/12/11 03:50 PM
Awesome, can't wait!
 
# 7 PSUlions15 @ 01/12/11 04:08 PM
I can't wait, I have the game pre-ordered and planning on buying that sick baseball controller!
 
# 8 myghty @ 01/12/11 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rase
Wow at the details on the helmet... was it in MLB 10??

And:

A) This reporter is a Hobbit

B) Russell is really tall
Russell stands on a footstool when he does interviews.... True story. :P
 
# 9 manny7788 @ 01/12/11 05:17 PM
OMG Swishers batting stance...NICE!!
 
# 10 Perfect Zero @ 01/12/11 07:08 PM
Why is Texas always the road team. Yankee Stadium looks nice I'll give you that, but where the heck is the Ballpark in Arlington?
 
# 11 Blzer @ 01/12/11 07:16 PM
Yo Russell, we can hear you just fine with the camera not being on you... I saw more footage of LittleBigPlanet2 than I did of MLB 11.

Just crackin', shalackin'. Great video!
 
# 12 green94 @ 01/12/11 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure a manager would take a first pitch HR over a 10 pitch at bat any day of the week.

Come on Ramone!
 
# 13 vln13 @ 01/13/11 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
Damn CC looks pregnant lol
He is haha
 
# 14 Facts @ 01/13/11 12:27 AM
A lot of the other questions have been asked so I'll just ask this small one.

Did you guys add more facial expressions and does the glove finally close when someone has the ball?
 
# 15 Dalsanto0026 @ 01/13/11 07:05 AM
I disagree with Ramone's comments about a 9 pitch out ab being better than a 1 pitch hr. How can a 1 pitch hr not be a good ab? The whole idea is to score more runs than the opposition isn't it? I'm well aware that a long ab can wear the pither down but that doesn't necessary equal runs.
 
# 16 econoodle @ 01/13/11 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I disagree with Ramone's comments about a 9 pitch out ab being better than a 1 pitch hr. How can a 1 pitch hr not be a good ab? The whole idea is to score more runs than the opposition isn't it? I'm well aware that a long ab can wear the pither down but that doesn't necessary equal runs.

agreed.
I dont and will not play RTTS in 10, because the mode does not interest me, but hearing that you'll get punished for hitting a HR [if thats in fact what happens], I definitely wont play it now if i ever decide to pick up 11.

Unless of course, its SCEA's tribute to Billy Martin calling for Reggie to bunt, and Jackson swinging away. Then them almost coming to blows.

I can see it now, A cut scene after you hit one out to win the game and the coach start getting in your grill for not taking 9 pitches all the while a stat overlay mentioning it was his 38th HR of the year.
 
# 17 Dalsanto0026 @ 01/13/11 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
agreed.
I dont and will not play RTTS in 10, because the mode does not interest me, but hearing that you'll get punished for hitting a HR [if thats in fact what happens], I definitely wont play it now if i ever decide to pick up 11.

Unless of course, its SCEA's tribute to Billy Martin calling for Reggie to bunt, and Jackson swinging away. Then them almost coming to blows.

I can see it now, A cut scene after you hit one out to win the game and the coach start getting in your grill for not taking 9 pitches all the while a stat overlay mentioning it was his 38th HR of the year.
That would make me want to swing my bat at the coach.
 
# 18 sink4ever @ 01/13/11 10:05 AM
I think you guys are misunderstanding a little about what Russell was talking about. There have been some screens shown for RTTS '11 and I'm pretty sure I've seen both a 1-pitch double and 1-pitch HR labeled as "Good" at-bats. I believe what they're doing is stressing the process more than the result. This makes sense when you think about players developing in the minors. Becoming more selective at the plate and showing the ability to make a pitcher work can mean more to a minor league coach than whether or not the guy got a hit.
 
# 19 econoodle @ 01/13/11 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I think you guys are misunderstanding a little about what Russell was talking about. There have been some screens shown for RTTS '11 and I'm pretty sure I've seen both a 1-pitch double and 1-pitch HR labeled as "Good" at-bats. I believe what they're doing is stressing the process more than the result. This makes sense when you think about players developing in the minors. Becoming more selective at the plate and showing the ability to make a pitcher work can mean more to a minor league coach than whether or not the guy got a hit.

thanks a lot sink, you had to go and spoil it with logic.
 
# 20 CubFan23 @ 01/13/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
way too much Russell and not enough gameplay!
All I know is when I come onto OS and see vids of Ramone I know that the new installment of the Show is right around the corner!

(he probably gave the guy $10 to keep the camera on him)!
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.