Home
Madden 12 News Post


In Madden NFL Designers Podcast #5, Ian Cummings, Donny Moore and special cheesy voice guest (Ian said it, not me.), Anthony DiMento, one of the Designers that spear-headed the "Strategy Pad" effort.

If you have problems, try this link.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 43 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 roadman @ 01/06/11 06:55 PM
I liked the idea of both Collingsworth and Johnson in the booth together.
 
# 2 Facts @ 01/06/11 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I liked the idea of both Collingsworth and Johnson in the booth together.
It's about time they took notes from 2K
 
# 3 roadman @ 01/06/11 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
It's about time they took notes from 2K
Actually, Madden and Michaels were in the booth before in Madden, so, they are reinventing the wheel, so to speak.
 
# 4 khaliib @ 01/06/11 08:44 PM
At some point, I hope Ian is able to touch on the status of a possible Open Editor feature.
I like these podcast and how he's not just answering the easy questions.
I think it helps to put things (Ex. vision cone) to rest so that other things can be addressed.

I also think it would be nice if OS kept a log of such question/answer by dev's in a closed thread, so gamers can have one spot and see what has been discussed/answered as "Not" making the next release.

This would go a long way in cleaning up alot of the redundant back and forth posts that just clutter up good threads.

Thanks for the info!
 
# 5 TreFacTor @ 01/06/11 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
At some point, I hope Ian is able to touch on the status of a possible Open Editor feature.
I like these podcast and how he's not just answering the easy questions.
I think it helps to put things (Ex. vision cone) to rest so that other things can be addressed.

I also think it would be nice if OS kept a log of such question/answer by dev's in a closed thread, so gamers can have one spot and see what has been discussed/answered as "Not" making the next release.

This would go a long way in cleaning up alot of the redundant back and forth posts that just clutter up good threads.

Thanks for the info!
++1
I haven't listened to any of the podcasts because I'm not expecting much from M12. M11 was a disappointment to me and I didn't buy it, but I would like to be able to read what they are doing for M12.
 
# 6 kenliving @ 01/06/11 09:38 PM
I'm not sure what the point of the podcast was tbh, they barely said anything other than the fact they're not bringing the vision cone back. Could have said that in a 10 second pod instead of 30 minutes of drivel.
 
# 7 phant030 @ 01/06/11 09:38 PM
Vision not included, dont think they saw my super duper idea in the Vision Cone discusion thread......simple and effective...*sighs*
 
# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/06/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenliving
I'm not sure what the point of the podcast was tbh, they barely said anything other than the fact they're not bringing the vision cone back. Could have said that in a 10 second pod instead of 30 minutes of drivel.
Good PR basically. Out of the 5 podcasts, they never really say anything worthwhile or ground breaking. Honestly I don't expect them to, we probably won't get a good podcast far as what definitely will be in Madden 12 until probably April at the earliest.

Until then, these podcasts are nothing but good PR of showing that they are making an effort to communicate and interact with their customer base.

So for now, it just something to listen to while you using the bathroom or driving to work.
 
# 9 roadman @ 01/06/11 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenliving
I'm not sure what the point of the podcast was tbh, they barely said anything other than the fact they're not bringing the vision cone back. Could have said that in a 10 second pod instead of 30 minutes of drivel.
There isn't anything to be read into any of the podcast. They will be vague and general until the SB.

At halftime of the SB, they may announce a feature that will be in 12. Until then, we have the option to listen to the podcast or not.
 
# 10 RedZoneD25 @ 01/07/11 02:17 AM
You can't get mad at them for not being specific this early. I love the podcasts. I see nothing wrong with the guys chilling out and recording something for us to chew on before the basic meat of the game comes out at the SB.

It gives you the sense of "hey, we're normal people, we just make games.."..kind of like going to a bar and having a drink with the dev team. Now, obviously we're not all best friends, but it's still cool of them to give us insight. I was a little disappointed in M11, but I still play all the time and all this franchise talk has me having faith. These guys get it, it is just up to them to put those words into reality.

One last thing:

We did get some "news" in this podcast that all the presentation folks will love, and a lot of others will too. Gus and Cris will be recording together after the season ends.
 
# 11 BlueNGold @ 01/07/11 02:34 AM
They answered legit questions that weren't "the easy ones" and gave us insight into how the game is made. I don't know what more some of you guys want at this point. They even explained themselves why they aren't discussing features for M12 yet, which was completely understandable.

Also, @ Ian on the vision cone coming back: "No ****ing way".
 
# 12 mikemulloy @ 01/07/11 09:41 AM
please add editable draft classes, ala NBA 2k11

i'm tired of playing franchise and having QBs like Andrew Luck come out with 63 ratings. Also I would like to have control of who comes out
 
# 13 Hova57 @ 01/07/11 10:12 AM
i hope when the playoff roster update comes out players who didn't do crap will see big hits ie Randy Moss, Brett Farve, Roy Williams
 
# 14 Keenan G. @ 01/07/11 12:41 PM
These pdcast are ok. Can't wait until they start talking about the real stuff they are planning on implementing.
 
# 15 TreFacTor @ 01/07/11 04:49 PM
Just listened to a few minutes, and I ahve to say that I understand the guy who created the stratpad walked, but why give the next guy credit for "fixing" it or returning it to previous form when he didn't? Things like this are the reason I don't listen to the podcasts or believe anything they have to say... I get so disappointed whenever I hear something that is a false truth. I get the feeling sometimes that they don't understand what it means to us to be able to replicate what our favorite team is doing on sunday. Not that they don't care...just simply that they miss the point.

Let the cheaters play the cheaters... yeah I know it's a game, but would the NFL take such a stance?
 
# 16 roadman @ 01/07/11 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Just listened to a few minutes, and I ahve to say that I understand the guy who created the stratpad walked, but why give the next guy credit for "fixing" it or returning it to previous form when he didn't? Things like this are the reason I don't listen to the podcasts or believe anything they have to say... I get so disappointed whenever I hear something that is a false truth. I get the feeling sometimes that they don't understand what it means to us to be able to replicate what our favorite team is doing on sunday. Not that they don't care...just simply that they miss the point.

Let the cheaters play the cheaters... yeah I know it's a game, but would the NFL take such a stance?
Interesting, I can use the previous Madden pre snaps on Madden 11 like I did in previous Madden's. To me, that is a fix.
 
# 17 DickDalewood @ 01/07/11 06:32 PM
Well, thank God for no vision cone... I ****ing hated that thing.
 
# 18 N51_rob @ 01/07/11 06:54 PM
Not much info, but hateful tweet of the week was funny to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 
# 19 marshallfever @ 01/08/11 11:36 AM
I have to admit this is the second podcast i listened to, says NOTHING at all about Madden 12 but it was still enjoyable listening to it for some reason. Its good to see what the guys behind the game think and their view on their own game and football in general.

Eventually as we approach the Super Bowl and after wards, we'll probably get some concrete stuff on Madden 12
 
# 20 cdon2k @ 01/09/11 12:27 AM
I think the name for the podcasts should be, "Operation: Not Get Fired" lol. I think they know Madden won't be where it needs to be for a few years and they want us to support the game (or cut it a break) based on the fact that they are good guys and supposedly have the correct vision.

I have subscribed to this theory for a few years, but Madden 11 was a step back to me. Locomotion was a great idea, but NCAA's was better and gameflow/gameplanning was broken even after patch #5 . I won't get into what will make the game better as that rhetoric is getting tired and I won't rehash it again. I enjoy listening to the podcasts, but Madden 12 is almost getting to rent before buy status after a day 1 purchase for M11.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.