Home
Fight Night Champion News Post


Gamesradar has posted their Fight Night Champion preview.

Quote:
"Stopping a rival boxer from punching you into two weeks on Tuesday in previous Fight Nights was a tad cheap. You could basically just hold down the block button with a bit of stick shimmying and suck up most of their punches like a six pack-sporting sponge. But that’s all changed. Champion encourages you to parry blows precisely with its Reflexive Blocking System. If you tap the right trigger and judge the right direction a punch is going to hit you from, you’ll automatically knock your opponent's glove away, letting you move in for a counter punch.

Leaning has also been changed. Where before you could just rotate the stick to make your boxer lean in and out of shots, now you hold the modifier down and simply flick the stick to start moving about like the world’s most punchy mambo dancer."

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 COACH WEBB @ 11/08/10 10:40 AM
Good read!
 
# 2 1WEiRDguy @ 11/08/10 10:46 AM
i dont wanna sound negative, but this is a very similiar thing they were praising about FN4 when the initial early reviews started rolling out and we all know what happens. I only hope that this time its the real deal, and i hope they can FINALLY implement an enjoyable CAF experience.
 
# 3 DaveDQ @ 11/08/10 11:50 AM
There are two pluses I gather form this article. First, the haymaker is gone. Thank goodness. Second, in between round activity seems to be taking a better approach. I like that your recovery is based on how you fight and not on assigning points as you wish.
 
# 4 Money99 @ 11/08/10 12:06 PM
I'm a little concerned about the last portion of the article where they reference the 'Champions' mode.
It says it's story driven which makes me wonder if it's similar to Prizefighter's documentary style career mode.

I'll wait for Phobia and the rest to dish more on this.
But I really hope this isn't a linear career mode where you're forced to always fight injured in bout #11, or have to deal with the death of your trainer in your 2nd title defense.

A story mode would be great but just as long as it's your actions that weave the tale. I have no interest in playing along to a script that never bends or twists.
 
# 5 fistofrage @ 11/08/10 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm a little concerned about the last portion of the article where they reference the 'Champions' mode.
It says it's story driven which makes me wonder if it's similar to Prizefighter's documentary style career mode.

I'll wait for Phobia and the rest to dish more on this.
But I really hope this isn't a linear career mode where you're forced to always fight injured in bout #11, or have to deal with the death of your trainer in your 2nd title defense.

A story mode would be great but just as long as it's your actions that weave the tale. I have no interest in playing along to a script that never bends or twists.
I want to have multiple user controlled boxers in the same rankings. I want it wide open, if this goes down the Prizefighter patch, I'll be disappointed. I was one of the few who actually had fun with Prizefighter, but its replayability was very limited. And please get a real name database going with all the nicknames.
 
# 6 Phobia @ 11/08/10 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm a little concerned about the last portion of the article where they reference the 'Champions' mode.
It says it's story driven which makes me wonder if it's similar to Prizefighter's documentary style career mode.

I'll wait for Phobia and the rest to dish more on this.
But I really hope this isn't a linear career mode where you're forced to always fight injured in bout #11, or have to deal with the death of your trainer in your 2nd title defense.

A story mode would be great but just as long as it's your actions that weave the tale. I have no interest in playing along to a script that never bends or twists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I want to have multiple user controlled boxers in the same rankings. I want it wide open, if this goes down the Prizefighter patch, I'll be disappointed. I was one of the few who actually had fun with Prizefighter, but its replayability was very limited. And please get a real name database going with all the nicknames.
Listen guys, as you can see higher up I commented on a few things this article does not correctly relay the message on. I e-mailed Alain asking if it was alright for me to clear up some of the issues the article will cause. He told me to remove my comments and they are asking for the article to be taken down.

I want to get into these things with you guys just trust me saying it is not as bad as the things this article seemed to screw up. I picked out like 3 things the article messes up relaying the correct message.
 
# 7 Money99 @ 11/08/10 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Listen guys, as you can see higher up I commented on a few things this article does not correctly relay the message on. I e-mailed Alain asking if it was alright for me to clear up some of the issues the article will cause. He told me to remove my comments and they are asking for the article to be taken down.

I want to get into these things with you guys just trust me saying it is not as bad as the things this article seemed to screw up. I picked out like 3 things the article messes up relaying the correct message.
Good to hear Phobia. I hope EA can clear some of this stuff up shortly as well.
 
# 8 80tiesBaBy @ 11/08/10 01:07 PM
i wanna belive so bad that EA is gonna come wit it but i jus refuse to be suckerd in like i was all the other games they made. i wanna see stunning graphics,great gameplay, sim gameplay that is,an a killeer roster that includes money may,zab,berto,diaz,all the new school cats. So i in my own opinion i wont trust ea until i see some actual gameplay. 80ties baby signing out....
 
# 9 Phobia @ 11/08/10 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i hope every fight isnt a bloody mess
I relayed this very concern to EA the moment they showed me the Pac screen shot with the blood dripping down his chest.

During our time at the studio it was not a issue, they also said much more tuning was going to take place so it won't become a blood battle every fight.
 
# 10 Bronk_Bonin @ 11/08/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I relayed this very concern to EA the moment they showed me the Pac screen shot with the blood dripping down his chest.

During our time at the studio it was not a issue, they also said much more tuning was going to take place so it won't become a blood battle every fight.
Thanks for the clarification. That's good news. I also hope that cuts have affect on the fighter that is cut. If it's a bad cut above the brow and is bleeding in his eye, I hope his accuracy and blocking ability takes a hit. Since the fighter would have trouble seeing his opponent and punches coming at him.
 
# 11 NINJAK2 @ 11/08/10 02:54 PM
My biggest complaint with this series has been it's lack of footwork/footspeed. While the game did a good job of showing hand speed difference it has routinely done a terrible job of showing footspeed and the ability of fast boxers to move in and out of range of their opponents. Even UFC 2009 does a better job of showing this with their inclusion of a speed modifier button allowing you to move a little faster than normal. Hopefully this has been rectified.
 
# 12 DaveDQ @ 11/08/10 03:11 PM
Yes, footwork was a glaring issue in FN4. I look back on it now and get frustrated thinking about how sluggish it was. It's entirely possible though to get it right. Just have a look at EA MMA and you can see how a system like that would work in FNC.
 
# 13 Money99 @ 11/08/10 03:13 PM
As far as gameplay, I hope to see a couple of things:

1. Different animations for punches for each fighter. Ali's jab should look a lot different than Foreman's.
2. Different ratings for each punch and hand on every fighter.
 
# 14 Phobia @ 11/08/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
As far as gameplay, I hope to see a couple of things:

1. Different animations for punches for each fighter. Ali's jab should look a lot different than Foreman's.
2. Different ratings for each punch and hand on every fighter.
....................
 
# 15 Bronk_Bonin @ 11/08/10 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
....................
Phobia your makes me
 
# 16 Phobia @ 11/08/10 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
Phobia you're makes me
LOL

I will see your and raise you
 
# 17 jbels08 @ 11/09/10 06:17 AM
Phobia you're such a tease
 
# 18 Phobia @ 11/09/10 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbels08
Phobia you're such a tease
Your tag is familiar to me and not sure why
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.