Home
NHL 11 News Post


Alain Quinto states...

... barring any issues from 1st party, we should expect the NHL 11 patch on November 9th. Expect a blog later this week from Nate Ng.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 savoie2006 @ 11/02/10 08:12 PM
Well don't get your hopes too high folks, I don't want another riot over EA not meeting their proposed deadline.
 
# 2 xx19kilosoldier @ 11/02/10 08:18 PM
Well honestly, my hopes are not high on NHL 2011 at this point anyway.

I was just passing along info, others can make their own judgments.
 
# 3 canucksss @ 11/02/10 10:18 PM
scarface's response is TOO vague. what is that patch all about? just the roster? or it will include the xp in BeGM mode?
 
# 4 Vikes1 @ 11/03/10 12:16 AM
Sounds like the patch maybe something pretty substantial, if a blog is coming with it.
 
# 5 xx19kilosoldier @ 11/03/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Sounds like the patch maybe something pretty substantial, if a blog is coming with it.
Yea, cant wait to read the blog, should be interesting.
 
# 6 The Visualizer @ 11/03/10 12:58 AM
well we at least know they will be patching the auto-back skate off option back in for online play, that alone will be enough for this patch to be a success in my eyes
 
# 7 savoie2006 @ 11/03/10 01:24 AM
Yeah, but offline people need the experience points glitch fixed. Of course now even if we get the patch, if the reoccuring AHL glitch isn't fixed, the patch will be pretty much worthless. The opposite of what it was before the latest roster update.
 
# 8 Dazraz @ 11/03/10 02:59 AM
I would like the patch to include a feature whereby you can modify the broadcast camera in the custom camera function. For some reason you can only make modifications to the normal top-down cameras.
 
# 9 Dirkk1974 @ 11/03/10 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I would like the patch to include a feature whereby you can modify the broadcast camera in the custom camera function. For some reason you can only make modifications to the normal top-down cameras.
Redshirt (EA) confirmed earlier in another thread that there will be no option to customize the Broadcastcam. Maybe next year he stated .
 
# 10 milesizdead @ 11/03/10 06:09 AM
Oh excellent, as a Dman the auto back skate has been killing me...
 
# 11 patsfan188 @ 11/03/10 06:25 AM
trade logic in be a gm mode better be fixed. and the rookies in be a gm mode better be fixed. Like on the second year and third year all the rookies are like 60's and 58.
 
# 12 Qb @ 11/03/10 07:37 AM
All I can do is repeat what I've already posted of my talks with Jason & Gurn, but was lost in the shuffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Sounds like the patch maybe something pretty substantial, if a blog is coming with it.
Jason told me a while ago that the patch was quite substantial and a lot of work was put into it. I think we know he tells it like it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
well we at least know they will be patching the auto-back skate off option back in for online play, that alone will be enough for this patch to be a success in my eyes
Very excited about this one. Played my first online versus game against a friend last night and forgot how much of a pain auto-backskate can be. Nothing like being forced to skate backwards on the backcheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Yeah, but offline people need the experience points glitch fixed. Of course now even if we get the patch, if the reoccuring AHL glitch isn't fixed, the patch will be pretty much worthless. The opposite of what it was before the latest roster update.
Gurn told me via email they were working on the XP issue about two weeks after release. He also posted a brief statement saying as much at the EA forums that I copy & pasted here. Hopefully all is well in that regard after the update.

As for the AHL/demotion stuff, IIRC that was something with the roster, right? Perhaps that can be addressed in the same manner if it is indeed a problem again.
 
# 13 kestrel @ 11/03/10 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Gurn told me via email they were working on the XP issue about two weeks after release. He also posted a brief statement saying as much at the EA forums that I copy & pasted here. Hopefully all is well in that regard after the update.

As for the AHL/demotion stuff, IIRC that was something with the roster, right? Perhaps that can be addressed in the same manner if it is indeed a problem again.
I hope the players rights issue is fixed, too. I hope the red people issue is fixed, too (not that I've experienced it, but when I start creating people, I don't want to).

I've got an older roster that I'm holding on to so that I can start my BAGM with a more complete roster set in case a more complete roster is not released by the time I'm ready to do so.
 
# 14 Whodat71 @ 11/03/10 09:23 AM
If I am currently in the middle of BEAGM will have to start a new one for the patch to affect it?
 
# 15 jaiman @ 11/03/10 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkk1974
Redshirt (EA) confirmed earlier in another thread that there will be no option to customize the Broadcastcam. Maybe next year he stated .
Doesn't mean they can't adjust it to make it look more realistic and like a real broadcast. All they need to do is lower the camera and zoom it out quite a bit. It will then look something like the 2k broadcast camera, which is very nice! I would love to see what how authentic this game could look like with the proper broadcast angle.
 
# 16 jyoung @ 11/03/10 10:36 AM
Would like to see:

-- custom camera save properly online

-- backskate off save properly online

-- fix the glitch that lets people assign +5 boosts multiple times
 
# 17 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 11/03/10 11:16 AM
Hey QB, the one thing I am concerned about is the Overtime point bug. Basically every ot loss in season or be a gm DOES NOT count as 1 point..

I really hope this is fixed because I like to play with the real NHL rules

Some things that I am excited about are:

- (Favorite) My History teacher is hot and I have class in two hours

- Auto-backskate off/on for online will be fixed

- 1500 XP progression bug fixed

- (My 2nd favorite) In OTP/EASHL, since NHL 09, when a player quits/disconnects, a computer replacement would take over and retain the old humans attributes. For example, if I quit, the computer will keep playing as me with an 85 overall. This is hardly fair and what usually ends up happening is that people quit after 1-2 goals and then you are left with facing super juiced computers.

The great things is that finally after 3 years, this will be fixed! Now when someone quits, a base computer will take over!

- Since the auto-backskate will be fixed, EA is probably going to revert back to the way it was before they slowed down the puck carriers speed and increased the puck pursuers speed. The reason they did this (I forget which tuner) is because of the fact that auto-backskate was broken. This was a band-aid solution until this patch of course. The Negative that resulted from this was that it brought the diving pokecheck back and made it harder to breakaway from the computer..

I suspect that after this patch, the diving pokecheck will be less effective, you will be able to have more seperation from the computer and you will be punished for your mistakes. This is more of how it should be. Too many times I have seen the computer D bail out a team because they could unrealistically catch of to a guy..
 
# 18 savoie2006 @ 11/03/10 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodat71
If I am currently in the middle of BEAGM will have to start a new one for the patch to affect it?
Yes, as well as any roster updates.
 
# 19 Double-J @ 11/03/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodat71
If I am currently in the middle of BEAGM will have to start a new one for the patch to affect it?
Same, I'm about to start a season but don't want to if the patch will make changes that would require me to start over...
 
# 20 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 11/03/10 12:36 PM
I find it very disrespectful that someone rated this thread 1 star!
 

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.