Home
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 News Post



This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 zakarias @ 10/21/10 06:32 AM
The bret ever was the bret ever will be.
 
# 2 MukaMuka @ 10/21/10 07:19 AM
I am usually not a nickpicker when it comes to graphics but Bret Hart is one of my favorite wrestlers EVER and his in-game hair looks horrible. Are you telling me all that horsepower in the PS3/360 is still not enough to render his greasy hair?
 
# 3 The GIGGAS @ 10/21/10 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MukaMuka
I am usually not a nickpicker when it comes to graphics but Bret Hart is one of my favorite wrestlers EVER and his in-game hair looks horrible. Are you telling me all that horsepower in the PS3/360 is still not enough to render his greasy hair?
Hair is hard. Here's a university research paper basically stating in the abstract that it's one of the hardest things to pull off in animation.

http://www.lmm.jussieu.fr/~audoly/re...r06/index.html

How much do you think that THQ and Yukes are going to implement "Kirchhoff equations for dynamic, inextensible elastic rods" to accurately simulate in a yearly game? I doubt the 360 or the PS3 has the resources by itself to pull it off either.
 
# 4 JohnDoe8865 @ 10/21/10 07:24 PM
So has it been stated that the only way to get Bret Hart is to buy it at Best Buy?
 
# 5 The GIGGAS @ 10/21/10 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
So has it been stated that the only way to get Bret Hart is to buy it at Best Buy?
EG keeps referring to Hart becoming paid DLC in December.
 
# 6 CaptainZombie @ 10/21/10 08:29 PM
I can't wait to get this from BB to use Hart.
 
# 7 MukaMuka @ 10/22/10 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Hair is hard. Here's a university research paper basically stating in the abstract that it's one of the hardest things to pull off in animation.

http://www.lmm.jussieu.fr/~audoly/re...r06/index.html

How much do you think that THQ and Yukes are going to implement "Kirchhoff equations for dynamic, inextensible elastic rods" to accurately simulate in a yearly game? I doubt the 360 or the PS3 has the resources by itself to pull it off either.
I am not talking about ANIMATION. I don't really care if the hair moves at all. I am saying Bret Hart has greasy, thin looking hair in real life but his in-game hair is so thick and full like tarzan or something. Actually look at Undertaker's hair in the same video. He has the right volume/thickness that would be suitable for Bret also. If they can just give Undertaker's hair to Bret Hart (without the receding hairline, lol) that would be perfect.
 
# 8 JohnDoe8865 @ 10/22/10 07:25 PM
I'd love to find a Canadian video game shop online that would ship to the US. I really want the Canadian edition with the Bret Hart cover plus it has Bret included as DLC just like Best Buy. Anyone know of a Canadian online retailer that will ship to the USA? I haven't found one yet that does.

If not, I guess I'll get it at Best Buy and print off the Canadian cover art. Can't stand the US cover.
 
# 9 Ermolli @ 10/23/10 11:56 PM
I'm tying to convince a seller here that imports games from the USA that you can have Bret Hart if you buy the game in an American Best Buy but he tells me it's only available in Canada. I need this game with the Hitman!
 
# 10 woodjer @ 10/25/10 04:59 PM
I'm wondering about the Best Buy thing too. I like to support my local Gamestop because the guys there are pretty cool about things but I'd like to have Hart. Interestingly enough, their roster section has him listed and, unlike some of the future DLC, it doesn't say Coming Soon...link:
http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/roster/more

If I were just looking at that page, I would assume that he's in the game from the get-go, even if I had to unlock him in-game somehow. I suppose I could wait a couple months if he pops up as separate DLC but that sure is misleading to the casual fan...
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.