Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post


UFC Undisputed 2010 patch #2 is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Click here for all the patch details.

Source - UFC Undisputed Community Page

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CAMPBLACKMAMBA24 @ 10/13/10 08:47 PM
I'm pissed that I traded this in. Over on the UFC forums a lot of people are praising this patch. Already called Gamestop and they are holding me a used copy $29 is a steal if in fact it is fixed as being reported.
 
# 2 sportznut02 @ 10/13/10 08:49 PM
I will wait and see on this. I need more impressions before I go out and buy this game again.
 
# 3 Phobia @ 10/13/10 08:59 PM
I will check it out Flight and let ya know what it helped.
 
# 4 CAMPBLACKMAMBA24 @ 10/13/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I will check it out Flight and let ya know what it helped.
Let me know if I need to pick it back up or not. Thanks
 
# 5 NYG_Meth @ 10/13/10 09:24 PM
I just played my first fight in singleplayer. I'm noticing some immediate improvements. The CPU is MUCH less aggressive in the standup with significantly better defense (without tons of cheap sways), which is a HUGE relief. Also, ground game seems much more balanced. Things look good so far.
 
# 6 NYG_Meth @ 10/13/10 09:48 PM
I can also confirm that reversals are toned WAYYYY down.
 
# 7 Phobia @ 10/13/10 11:07 PM
Ok Guys. After fights ONLINE this is what I am seeing.

Granted I have not played this in a few weeks now so I might be a lil rusty.

Game feels more dynamic. I seen some different things happen in those fights I did not see before the patch.

1) Game feels faster, almost sped up some.

2) Connection seems much more solid. One had a slight subtle delay. But overall it seems much improved.

3) Ground/Clinch game is different. Reversals are harder which is a good thing. The ground/clinch game does feel more balanced and ratings driven. Sometimes I seen my guy get off his back with 1 transition, other times it would take 3 to 4 tries. It just feels much more ratings driven.

4) Movement is no different after the patch but I wanted to say how CLUNKY the movement is. There is no speed to the movement. You either walk at a snails pace in or force to step(leap) in. That is literally the two options. So things such as setting up punch distance and angles are not possible. Movement speed needs to see a drastic increase. A much more fluid movement system needs to be looked into for the next installment. This then flows into the striking system which suffers from the same issue.

4) Stand up I can't really tell much of a difference. It is still the slow choppy system. Stuck in animations, no way to set up punch distance or punch combination's correctly. It is all entirely to rigid looking when you compare it to the fluid tech that Fight Night and EA MMA is using. No bias view, but from a improving off each other stance. THQ would be much better with a tech of that nature.

5) Stamina and KO's still feels like a issue. Far to much big swinging for the fences without little repercussion which then equals more KO's than realistic. In around 10 fights now I have yet see a decision online. It is hard to play correct defense off your back because you can't block the small rabbit punches. So you end up eating a lot of punches from your back. Which to a degree is true. But a good BJJ guy is hard to play correctly.

6) Submissions feel really nice. You can tell the battle between the two fighters is much smoother with the camera zooming. So having to have the stamina bar is not needed. You can clearly tell early how quick to spin the stick. Also the submissions battles you can feel the difference they are much more ratings driven.

Overall everything feels more ratings driven. I dominated in the clinch with Rua vs Machida. I used Matt Hughes to deliver some big GnP. Got destroyed in the clinch as Rich Franklin. Got brutalized by Brock on the ground. Had a great striking vs BJJ fight with me as A. Silva vs Gouveia. Had a INSANE ground battle with me as Maia vs Almeida.

3 rounds in I was dominating Almeida in the striking and hurt him with a head kick. I dove in to deliver the finish and he caught my first punch. He went directly into the triangle. This was most likely our 8th to 9th submission battle and I could tell on the last few I was losing some ground in the battles. Finally I got caught and Almeida locked in the triangle. Greatest thing was it all felt fair.

All in all I enjoyed the matches thoroughly and nothing felt cheap to me. I was able to hold my own with just about anyone and the matches just felt more fair and fun. I am completely impressed with the patch and think it is shocking they fixed some of the key issues. I truly had zero faith. To see this great turn around is refreshing. I think the only glaring flaws is stamina usage on punching, KO amount(stamina related), rigid stand up striking system, and POOR POOR movement system. outside of those issues. I am having a excellent time with the game tonight. Had actual fun.

Only thing I need to do now is test some singleplayer. All this was just me playing online.
 
# 8 Jukeman @ 10/13/10 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Ok Guys. After fights ONLINE this is what I am seeing.

Granted I have not played this in a few weeks now so I might be a lil rusty.

Game feels more dynamic. I seen some different things happen in those fights I did not see before the patch.

1) Game feels faster, almost sped up some.

2) Connection seems much more solid. One had a slight subtle delay. But overall it seems much improved.

3) Ground/Clinch game is different. Reversals are harder which is a good thing. The ground/clinch game does feel more balanced and ratings driven. Sometimes I seen my guy get off his back with 1 transition, other times it would take 3 to 4 tries. It just feels much more ratings driven.

4) Movement is no different after the patch but I wanted to say how CLUNKY the movement is. There is no speed to the movement. You either walk at a snails pace in or force to step(leap) in. That is literally the two options. So things such as setting up punch distance and angles are not possible. Movement speed needs to see a drastic increase. A much more fluid movement system needs to be looked into for the next installment. This then flows into the striking system which suffers from the same issue.

4) Stand up I can't really tell much of a difference. It is still the slow choppy system. Stuck in animations, no way to set up punch distance or punch combination's correctly. It is all entirely to rigid looking when you compare it to the fluid tech that Fight Night and EA MMA is using. No bias view, but from a improving off each other stance. THQ would be much better with a tech of that nature.

5) Stamina and KO's still feels like a issue. Far to much big swinging for the fences without little repercussion which then equals more KO's than realistic. In around 10 fights now I have yet see a decision online. It is hard to play correct defense off your back because you can't block the small rabbit punches. So you end up eating a lot of punches from your back. Which to a degree is true. But a good BJJ guy is hard to play correctly.

6) Submissions feel really nice. You can tell the battle between the two fighters is much smoother with the camera zooming. So having to have the stamina bar is not needed. You can clearly tell early how quick to spin the stick. Also the submissions battles you can feel the difference they are much more ratings driven.

Overall everything feels more ratings driven. I dominated in the clinch with Rua vs Machida. I used Matt Hughes to deliver some big GnP. Got destroyed in the clinch as Rich Franklin. Got brutalized by Brock on the ground. Had a great striking vs BJJ fight with me as A. Silva vs Gouveia. Had a INSANE ground battle with me as Maia vs Almeida.

3 rounds in I was dominating Almeida in the striking and hurt him with a head kick. I dove in to deliver the finish and he caught my first punch. He went directly into the triangle. This was most likely our 8th to 9th submission battle and I could tell on the last few I was losing some ground in the battles. Finally I got caught and Almeida locked in the triangle. Greatest thing was it all felt fair.

All in all I enjoyed the matches thoroughly and nothing felt cheap to me. I was able to hold my own with just about anyone and the matches just felt more fair and fun. I am completely impressed with the patch and think it is shocking they fixed some of the key issues. I truly had zero faith. To see this great turn around is refreshing. I think the only glaring flaws is stamina usage on punching, KO amount(stamina related), rigid stand up striking system, and POOR POOR movement system. outside of those issues. I am having a excellent time with the game tonight. Had actual fun.

Only thing I need to do now is test some singleplayer. All this was just me playing online.
Sounds promising, maybe the KO's would be down vs the CPU because they are less aggressive
 
# 9 NYG_Meth @ 10/14/10 01:08 AM
As I get in more singleplayer fights, I'm thinking I might have overestimated the whole aggressiveness being turned down thing. It feels more or less the same...
 
# 10 jshmoopy @ 10/15/10 11:08 AM
I haven't played this game in months because it just didn't feel right to me. Since this is the second patch (I didn't even know a first was released) and the few in here seem to like it, I think I'll dust the game off and give it another hack.
 
# 11 Phobia @ 10/15/10 01:49 PM
They have improved the game to the state it should of been on release day. Is there some things still fundamentally wrong? YES, but the game is actually fun at least now.
 
# 12 jshmoopy @ 10/15/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
They have improved the game to the state it should of been on release day. Is there some things still fundamentally wrong? YES, but the game is actually fun at least now.
That was exactly why I stopped playing. It really felt like a chore to me to play this game. I was pretty disappointed - I almost sold it.
 
# 13 DJ @ 10/16/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
They have improved the game to the state it should of been on release day. Is there some things still fundamentally wrong? YES, but the game is actually fun at least now.
Would it be worth a purchase for someone that is looking to play mostly offline, Phobia? Is the '3 transition attempt = success' still in the game?
 
# 14 DaChiefs @ 10/17/10 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Would it be worth a purchase for someone that is looking to play mostly offline, Phobia? Is the '3 transition attempt = success' still in the game?
I think the game is only like $20 now, so I would say yes.
 
# 15 Phobia @ 10/18/10 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Would it be worth a purchase for someone that is looking to play mostly offline, Phobia? Is the '3 transition attempt = success' still in the game?
In all honesty Dj. I would just get EA MMA. It is a lot better across the board. The patch did help UFC2010 but it still has not brought it up to EA MMA's level.
 
# 16 DJ @ 10/18/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
In all honesty Dj. I would just get EA MMA. It is a lot better across the board. The patch did help UFC2010 but it still has not brought it up to EA MMA's level.
That's what I was thinking. I really despise the shine, too, so to be able to avoid that is nice.

I just need to find some games to trade in for MMA; I have games like Uncharted and Assassain's Creed that are just collecting dust (never played and probably never will), so I may take those in, along with MGS: Portable Ops.
 
# 17 CaptainZombie @ 10/19/10 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs
I think the game is only like $20 now, so I would say yes.
It's down to $39 now.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.