Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post


Gamersyde has posted a new Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 video featuring Manchester United vs. Lyon.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cadalyst17 @ 10/04/10 07:24 AM
This is the first time I will buy PES for the PS3 rather than my 360. The demo has such low resolution with jaggies. Is there a difference bewteen the 360 and PS3 with jagged edges?
 
# 2 KG @ 10/04/10 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
This is the first time I will buy PES for the PS3 rather than my 360. The demo has such low resolution with jaggies. Is there a difference bewteen the 360 and PS3 with jagged edges?
Not starting a console war but I've always thought that the same game looks better on the 360. I've noticed it with FIFA, NCAA Fball, and College Hoops 2K8. It's why I really want to see the 360 demo.

 
# 3 misterbroom12 @ 10/04/10 01:17 PM
Again PES videos make me wonder how people buy it over FIFA. The UEFA presentation was absolutely amazing in this video and destroys anything that FIFA has produced ever, but the gameplay for me is just dreadful. The players movements are choppy and drastic almost with each turn, regardless of how severe it is and again it seems as if you can just sprint to space down the sidelines and whip in a cross. I wish that FIFA could add some of the things PES has because they are by far better with some of their presentations, but when it comes down to gameplay, FIFA still is the best.
 
# 4 KG @ 10/04/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
Again PES videos make me wonder how people buy it over FIFA. The UEFA presentation was absolutely amazing in this video and destroys anything that FIFA has produced ever, but the gameplay for me is just dreadful. The players movements are choppy and drastic almost with each turn, regardless of how severe it is and again it seems as if you can just sprint to space down the sidelines and whip in a cross. I wish that FIFA could add some of the things PES has because they are by far better with some of their presentations, but when it comes down to gameplay, FIFA still is the best.
What I don't understand is how anyone could say the presentation isn't better in PES. The UEFA CL sponsorship is just fantastic.
 
# 5 instantpop @ 10/05/10 03:57 PM
That Champions League opening is amazing. Gameplay looks better here than in the demo. What I think is funny, though, is that you always hear about how great the build up play and back passing is in PES, and that you are rewarded for playing smart football. Yet in that video (I only watched the first half), I didn't see the user controlled team do anything but bust the ball to the wings, whip in crosses or try ridiculous through balls, let alone a single back pass...LOL!
 
# 6 carnalnirvana @ 10/06/10 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
Again PES videos make me wonder how people buy it over FIFA. The UEFA presentation was absolutely amazing in this video and destroys anything that FIFA has produced ever, but the gameplay for me is just dreadful. The players movements are choppy and drastic almost with each turn, regardless of how severe it is and again it seems as if you can just sprint to space down the sidelines and whip in a cross. I wish that FIFA could add some of the things PES has because they are by far better with some of their presentations, but when it comes down to gameplay, FIFA still is the best.

the reason i buy PES over fifa is if i am controlling a MF the rest of my defense will execute our planned tactics, unlike the brain dead AI in fifa for the user which will never make a tackle with out you personally making it
 
# 7 instantpop @ 10/06/10 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
the reason i buy PES over fifa is if i am controlling a MF the rest of my defense will execute our planned tactics, unlike the brain dead AI in fifa for the user which will never make a tackle with out you personally making it
That's not true. I've seen plenty of AI tackles done for me so far this year in FIFA. The back line is still stupid in other areas, but I've seen them make plenty of tackles for me.
 
# 8 carnalnirvana @ 10/07/10 06:44 PM
really i haven't seen any, they back off like they usually do every year
 
# 9 KG @ 10/08/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
really i haven't seen any, they back off like they usually do every year
Supposedly they are working on it. Some issue with the "green zone".
 
# 10 phillyfan23 @ 10/09/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
really i haven't seen any, they back off like they usually do every year
yes they do....have no idea why this still plagues the fifa game...

play a game and have manual switching, control your forward and let the midfield and defense " do their job" and it's pretty shocking really....they will back up 95 percent of the time and let the cpu take a quality shot on goal. Doesn't matter if you're using manchester united versus blackpool, it will happen nearly every time. Unacceptable really.... THIS is where PES kills fifa.....
 
# 11 JRod @ 10/09/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
yes they do....have no idea why this still plagues the fifa game...

play a game and have manual switching, control your forward and let the midfield and defense " do their job" and it's pretty shocking really....they will back up 95 percent of the time and let the cpu take a quality shot on goal. Doesn't matter if you're using manchester united versus blackpool, it will happen nearly every time. Unacceptable really.... THIS is where PES kills fifa.....
Doesn't kill FIFA.

It's a game design thing. NHL takes this stupid approach too where you must control the right player. I hate it but it doesn't kill the game. What EA wants you do to is either press (square-button) or mark the player yourself. It's been this way for a few years now and everyone should realize that that this is how EA wants you to play. Makes it harder to play off the ball but not impossible once you realize that if you want your defenders to mark a guy you need to press the 2nd defender help button while you mark the player making the run.

Do I like it? No, and I'm not defending FIFA. It's just one of those things where it's not a game killer because the user has a way to deal with it.
 
# 12 phillyfan23 @ 10/09/10 02:14 PM
I didn't say it was a gamekiller...i said PES kills fifa in this regard as in much better than...

I do play fifa exactly how you describe, but then again it's not very efficient because many many instances you just don't have the time to react to switch players and it just affects the gameplay negatively.

For example, you're defending a cpu player with Nesta he makes a cross that you block and you're still controlling the defender .....the ball bounces towards Flamini, and if he picks it up he has a chance for a quick counter.....but since you're still controlling Nesta, Flamini lets the ball roll on by and let the cpu take posession again....

things like this happen time and time again and it just isn't realistic....
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.