Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post


Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BurghFan @ 10/03/10 12:27 PM
Whoa! That crash looked awesome.
 
# 2 bluengold34_OS @ 10/03/10 01:04 PM
Keep in mind, one of Eutechnyx's goal(s) is to provide and showcase realistic damage and crash simulation. This is obviously not in-game footage, but rather just an attempt to get people excited about the crash sequences being a priority. I would hold off judgement( good or bad ) for actual in game footage of the racing, physics, and crashes, before tossing it into a sim or arcade description.
 
# 3 Papi34 @ 10/03/10 01:38 PM
While I'm looking forward to the game and what I'm hearing so far is very encouraging, I never get trailers like that. If it's not gameplay footage, or at least something from the game engine, they may as well just show video of a real race.
Same with nearly every tv ad for games with "not gameplay footage" at the bottom. Just show Gears of War 2 or RDR because they look bloody amazing!

I see what you're saying Blue, but personally I'm not a fan of these kind of trailers. Still looking forward to the game though!

Also, does he say "OH FUDGE!" when he gets taken out? hahaha
 
# 4 kubankaos @ 10/03/10 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Cars don't often flip like that on a short track. Talladega, maybe. Already has the appearance of an arcade racer, sorry to say.
I have to agree. It just seems like crashing is going to be the main point of the game. Doesn't mean the game won't be fun.

Edit, people complain F1 2010 is arcady, but I have managed to overlook that just to have fun. I'm no sim expert, so I can't ever say whether it is or isn't.

At this point, it's on rental first and take it from there.
 
# 5 bluengold34_OS @ 10/03/10 03:13 PM
Im on board with you guys about trailers. I never understood the purpose of one, unless it actually showcases actual in-game footage( at least some).
 
# 6 dshill @ 10/03/10 03:27 PM
As for that being an unrealistic crash, ask Joey Logano.

Ok, that was a bit over the top.
 
# 7 BurghFan @ 10/03/10 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill
As for that being an unrealistic crash, ask Joey Logano.

Ok, that was a bit over the top.
And there you go for the people saying the crash didn't look realistic for Dover. As for the people complaining that the game looks to arcadey, you can't ask for a pure sim because that would take away a chunk of the potential audience. The game needs to have a good balance of arcade and sim so it appeals to all audiences. I prefer more of an arcade feel because I just want to sit down and play the game without having to worry things like tuning my car and whatnot that are inherent components of pure sim games.
 
# 8 hi-teck @ 10/03/10 09:50 PM
I think that is just the teaser trailer for the game, and I believe they just showed the crash to build excitement of the crash sequences and graphics. Yes, accidents like that don't really happen at Dover, but everything I read about this game from the developers is that the focus is on realism, so I would have thought the trailer would have focused more on the pit stops and end race finishes, but maybe that will be in a later trailer. I am excited to see this game though, since I believe GT5's NASCAR is just for fun and not too much of a a real NASCAR simulator (no pit strategy, driver personalities, etc. that are promised for this game).
 
# 9 Aggies7 @ 10/03/10 10:34 PM
I agree with Sega and I posted this somewhere else on here. I sure hope they do not turn this into a game with cars flying through the air and flipping 17 times at short tracks (EA). Once a season at Dega or Daytona I am ok with.

I also hope they have a good replay system.
 
# 10 Dazraz @ 10/03/10 11:22 PM
Great looking trailer. Obvious question is how representative of the actual game is it.
 
# 11 chrisphil1724 @ 10/03/10 11:33 PM
CG Trailer shows us NOTHING!
 
# 12 Dalsanto0026 @ 10/04/10 04:05 AM
Holy @#$%! That looked awesome!

I'll be keeping a close eye on this game.
 
# 13 8 @ 10/04/10 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
And there you go for the people saying the crash didn't look realistic for Dover. As for the people complaining that the game looks to arcadey, you can't ask for a pure sim because that would take away a chunk of the potential audience. The game needs to have a good balance of arcade and sim so it appeals to all audiences. I prefer more of an arcade feel because I just want to sit down and play the game without having to worry things like tuning my car and whatnot that are inherent components of pure sim games.

I hear ya, but tuning and car adjustments are a HUGE part of what makes NASCAR what it is.
 
# 14 TreyIM2 @ 10/04/10 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
CG Trailer shows us NOTHING!
Hard to say that is CG, especially when they went in the cockpit. Didn't look CG to me. If that is actually in-game graphics, which isn't hard to believe with the way MANY games look today, the game already looks better than any iteration of NASCAR EA produced, this gen.
 
# 15 bluengold34_OS @ 10/06/10 11:59 AM
Here is video with a just s small bit of actual gameplay in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCSdV...layer_embedded
 
# 16 mwjr @ 10/06/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
I hear ya, but tuning and car adjustments are a HUGE part of what makes NASCAR what it is.
Agreed 100%. Problem is - and I'm speaking only for myself - I don't know how to tune a car the way I want it. I've watched and read enough to know what wedge is, what a car being loose or tight means, and what grill tape is. But damned if I know where to set all of that stuff.

What I hope is that it's challenging enough to make me sweat, but that there's a 'dummy button' to help folks like me who love to race, but don't know exactly how to set up a car.

Hopefully there'd a full-sim mode for those who do, and a customizable difficulty level for people like me.
 
# 17 mwjr @ 10/06/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Here is video with a just s small bit of actual gameplay in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCSdV...layer_embedded
Gotta say, that doesn't look too shabby.
 
# 18 bluengold34_OS @ 10/06/10 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Gotta say, that doesn't look too shabby.
Agreed.....

What I saw in that short bit was a guy who missed the groove, by accelerating to quickly, and shot to the high side of the track. So at least we know there proper grooves to each track, now we just need to find out if there are more than 1, and how much grip is within each groove.
 
# 19 Happy29 @ 10/06/10 04:43 PM
Have any of you noticed that the wreck starts on the backstretch, but the flip happens on the frontstretch?
 
# 20 Happy29 @ 10/06/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Agreed 100%. Problem is - and I'm speaking only for myself - I don't know how to tune a car the way I want it. I've watched and read enough to know what wedge is, what a car being loose or tight means, and what grill tape is. But damned if I know where to set all of that stuff.

What I hope is that it's challenging enough to make me sweat, but that there's a 'dummy button' to help folks like me who love to race, but don't know exactly how to set up a car.

Hopefully there'd a full-sim mode for those who do, and a customizable difficulty level for people like me.
This will help ya
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.