Home
NBA 2K11 News Post


Check out the new NBA 2K11 article from Jon Robinson, titled Is it the Shoes?

Quote:
"... as gamers play through "NBA 2K11" they will constantly be rewarded with new pairs of cyber shoes. There are 40 shoes total in the game including 25 pairs of Air Jordans along with the CP3s, Melo 5s, and other shoes from the Jordan line to fill out the closet. But it's not about scoring 80 points in a game or grabbing 22 rebounds in order to unlock certain pairs. It's all about time invested.

"The way they unlock is every couple of hours you get a new pair," explains Boenisch. "The shoes also have attributes on them, so this becomes really beneficial both in My Player and MJ Creating a Legend mode. And shoes can be unlocked anywhere in the game, whether you're playing online or franchise or practice mode. Your timer is always running and shoes are always unlocking.

"And the order you get them in is random. It's strategically random where the rarest shoes in real life are the hardest to get and are unlocked toward the end while the common ones are unlocked upfront. But if you and I are playing next to each other at the same time, we're going to unlock shoes in a different order. So you can show your friend that you got the Jordan 12s, but maybe he got the 1s and 23s."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 106 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Goffs @ 08/18/10 05:12 PM
so...i take it that the next insight will be about accessories? seeing how ESPN videogames was one of the first to break the news on Jordan challenge...

EDIT: i dont know about this attribute that comes with the shoes....id like to play MY PLAYER without any boosts and wear some nice kicks...
 
# 2 JackMoney254 @ 08/18/10 05:13 PM
damn i never noticed those are the exact same shoes im wearing right now hahahaha
 
# 3 J_Posse @ 08/18/10 05:14 PM
Thanks for the link, Steve.

Quote:
That's because in past "NBA 2K" games, Nike has only allowed 2K Sports to feature a select few pairs of Jordans per title.
I was going back and forth with Pared awhile back about this issue. It never made sense to me why the various shoe companies allowed the competition more access than 2K. Maybe that will change now that 2K is the leader in basketball?

Quote:
"The way they unlock is every couple of hours you get a new pair," explains Boenisch. "The shoes also have attributes on them, so this becomes really beneficial both in My Player and MJ Creating a Legend mode. And shoes can be unlocked anywhere in the game, whether you're playing online or franchise or practice mode. Your timer is always running and shoes are always unlocking.
Hmm, sounds awfully like NBA 2K6 and its 24/7 mode. The shoes would be unlocked through play and had different attribute boosts attached to them.
 
# 4 youvalss @ 08/18/10 05:16 PM
Thanks for the article, Steve.

I love it that all the AJ's are in the game, but other than the AJ's there are only 15 different shoes?
 
# 5 skinnybonez @ 08/18/10 05:16 PM
"We have so many shoe heads into our game that when we put out our first trailer for 'NBA 2K11', people were doing freeze frames and capturing screen grabs of the Space Jam shoes he has on in the video. They cut out Michael entirely and put a little box around the shoes to show off that the Space Jams are in the game. All I have to say is people like this are going to be so happy this year."

space jams in the trailer? i most of watch the wrong one
 
# 6 VDusen04 @ 08/18/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Thanks for the article, Steve.

I love it that all the AJ's are in the game, but other than the AJ's there are only 15 different shoes?
Since this was a Jordan/Nike-centric article, I am hopeful the "40" only refers to the number of Jordan Brands included (or Nike/Jordan combined). Otherwise, yeah, 15 would seem to be running it a little thin.
 
# 7 Spartan901 @ 08/18/10 05:23 PM
Yea he just totally made up that Space Jam Jordans in the trailer right? Or did I miss something? Do love that they unlock on a timer, that was if u spend all your time online, or all association, or all myPlayer, it won't matter. U'll still get the unlockables. Good job. Ha....Space Jam J's
 
# 8 aloncho11 @ 08/18/10 05:24 PM
"It's gotta be shoes!"
 
# 9 TheWorldIsYours @ 08/18/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Yea he just totally made up that Space Jam Jordans in the trailer right? Or did I miss something? Do love that they unlock on a timer, that was if u spend all your time online, or all association, or all myPlayer, it won't matter. U'll still get the unlockables. Good job. Ha....Space Jam J's
Yea because in the Michael Jordan teaser trailer, he's wearing the 12's.
 
# 10 seanbarkley @ 08/18/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Thanks for the article, Steve.

I love it that all the AJ's are in the game, but other than the AJ's there are only 15 different shoes?
That's exactly what I was thinking...

"There are 40 shoes total in the game including 25 pairs of Air Jordans"

Adidas + Nike + Reebok = 15 shoes???
 
# 11 aloncho11 @ 08/18/10 05:41 PM
16, don't forget the generic ones
 
# 12 Spartan901 @ 08/18/10 05:41 PM
Read it again. I got the impression there are 40 total Jordan Brand shoes. The Air Jordan is one shoe under the Jordan brand and he says there are 25 of them ALONE plus CP3 and Melo's. I think all those are adding up to 40 and he isn't referencing the other brands at all
 
# 13 eko718 @ 08/18/10 05:43 PM
Pretty cool.
 
# 14 İroke @ 08/18/10 05:46 PM
"The shoes also have attributes on them"

Uhmmm, that's not very sim, and it's not even the first time 2k did this
 
# 15 eko718 @ 08/18/10 05:49 PM
^^^This is for My Player and Create a Legend mode. Nothing wrong with that.
 
# 16 SageInfinite @ 08/18/10 05:54 PM
Only Jordans in that trailer they released were the Air Jordan 1s, I don't know what trailer they saw.
 
# 17 theskinsfan1000 @ 08/18/10 05:55 PM
So, are there 40 Jordan shoes or just 40 shoes total?
 
# 18 seanbarkley @ 08/18/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
so...i take it that the next insight will be about accessories? seeing how ESPN videogames was one of the first to break the news on Jordan challenge...

EDIT: i dont know about this attribute that comes with the shoes....id like to play MY PLAYER without any boosts and wear some nice kicks...
Is there gonna be an insight about accessories?for sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Read it again. I got the impression there are 40 total Jordan Brand shoes. The Air Jordan is one shoe under the Jordan brand and he says there are 25 of them ALONE plus CP3 and Melo's. I think all those are adding up to 40 and he isn't referencing the other brands at all
I hope so bro...
 
# 19 Mr_Riddick @ 08/18/10 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by youvalss:Thanks for the article, Steve.I love it that all the AJ's are in the game, but other than the AJ's there are only 15 different shoes?

Well, I just hit @Ronnie2k up on twitter to clarify. Hopefully we get 40 Jordan's Plus.
 
# 20 kolanji @ 08/18/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskinsfan1000
So, are there 40 Jordan shoes or just 40 shoes total?

Quote:
There are 40 shoes total in the game including 25 pairs of Air Jordans along with the CP3s, Melo 5s, and other shoes from the Jordan line to fill out the closet
no there is only 25 including the jordan team shoes

there is no doubt that everybody is jumping on the band wagon when it comes to nba 2k11 jordan style even NIKE.man this game is gonna b big just hope i dont have n e problems come release day to get my copy because of selling out at stores
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.