Home
NHL 11 News Post


The September issue of Game Informer has a preview of NHL 11 with a couple of tidbits that I thought the community might like to read. I checked the website and the September issue (#209) isn't available online, so if you wanna read the full article, snag a copy of the September issue of Game Informer. Here are some quotes:

Regarding Be a Pro...

"Your draft position is determined at the Memorial Cup, and with seven rounds being integrated into the draft for the first time, if you stink it up you could find yourself being passed by several times over."

"...and refined the AI behavior to make your teammates skate better and take more shots."

Regarding Be A GM...

"...Be a GM mode improves with the addition of restricted and unrestricted free agency. Like the real NHL, you can sign younger players to slotted offer sheets or try to poach young superstars at the cost of losing draft picks. EA Canada has worked to improve the trade logic to limit the movement of star players and added five-player-per-team trades. The devs also implemented fixes to make sure good players don't unrealistically sit in free agency too long. Expect a lot more player movement at the minor league level, and like the real NHL, don't expect cap conscious teams to move a lot of first-liners unless they are pending unrestricted free agents."

Regarding the EASHL:

"...to create more intensity for the monthly seasons, this year's EASHL will feature playoffs the last four days of each month. If your team wins the Cup, your games will feature a unique presentation package including raising your championship banner to the rafters before each game."

Just to reiterate, all this is from the September issue of Game Informer.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 crobert0247 @ 08/15/10 10:18 AM
It is utterly amazing that seven draft rounds are in BAP. Can't wait to see where I go!
 
# 2 tyler289 @ 08/15/10 03:07 PM
I like how they quietly threw out:

-RFAs/UFAs
-Better trade/FA logic
-Better team AI

Just kinda casually. Awesome! This game is going to rock.
 
# 3 BlueNGold @ 08/15/10 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownFan526

Regarding Be A GM...

"...Be a GM mode improves with the addition of restricted and unrestricted free agency. Like the real NHL, you can sign younger players to slotted offer sheets or try to poach young superstars at the cost of losing draft picks. EA Canada has worked to improve the trade logic to limit the movement of star players and added five-player-per-team trades. The devs also implemented fixes to make sure good players don't unrealistically sit in free agency too long. Expect a lot more player movement at the minor league level, and like the real NHL, don't expect cap conscious teams to move a lot of first-liners unless they are pending unrestricted free agents."
All of this makes me very happy.

Qb, they didn't mention anything you've been hinting at, did they?
 
# 4 TIm @ 08/15/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
All of this makes me very happy.

Qb, they didn't mention anything you've been hinting at, did they?
You know.. this game is shaping up to be the game of the year... This is freakin amazing... We will be getting some info pretty soon I'm sure.. I'm sure there are some things not announced as of yet... But as I said before, I really believe after the Madden week hype is done Ea will start releasing more info on all their other games in development.. For the most part the first week is critical for Madden and people who will be buying the game most likely will be buying it then.. If I find a copy of GI, Can I type what the Whole article says or is that against the rules?? It won't be scanned either
 
# 5 colkilla @ 08/15/10 04:30 PM
i have to admit, it appears that ea sports is starting to regain a halfway descent reputation man. their games are finally starting to push the hardware (though nhl has done this for a few years now)...
 
# 6 SinisterAlex @ 08/15/10 05:15 PM
7 rounds for the draft.... *drools*. Hopefully scouting is alot better in this game or this will go to waste.
 
# 7 theglory @ 08/15/10 06:35 PM
With 7 round draft we need to have option to allow people to stay on their junior/international teams and you still retain their rights... Or half the people you draft wont ever get signed due to AHL roster space.
 
# 8 BlueNGold @ 08/15/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theglory
With 7 round draft we need to have option to allow people to stay on their junior/international teams and you still retain their rights... Or half the people you draft wont ever get signed due to AHL roster space.
I have a good feeling they have this.
 
# 9 voodoo_magic @ 08/15/10 07:31 PM
Only concern I have is with created players in the chl. Are they all going to be like previous years where they use the combinations of nhl players names?
I can't stand seeing Sidney Ovechkin or Evgeni Richards, drafting 7 rounds of these players I may pass up on a better player just to get a guy with a normal sounding name.
 
# 10 Qb @ 08/15/10 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Qb, they didn't mention anything you've been hinting at, did they?



PS - There's something even better than that stuff...
 
# 11 HeroWorship @ 08/15/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb



PS - There's something even better than that stuff...
Jesus Christ you're like a stripper, we see the good stuff, and there's more, but we can't even phantom to go that far.
 
# 12 06woz @ 08/15/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb



PS - There's something even better than that stuff...
Due to the opinionated nature of this quote, I call bluff! hehe, just kidding, but when you throw out a line like that you're gonna make people speculate!
 
# 13 Qb @ 08/15/10 08:52 PM
Speculate away! Hopefully you guys won't have to guess for too much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
So QB...about this embargo.. We're 2 and a half weeks from ship, when for the love of all thats good does it expire?
We were told we can't talk about something until it is officially announced. Considering one guy already got the axe -- I don't know the details, so I'm not getting into it -- I'm not looking to rock the boat. Believe me, I've been checking my email more in the past few weeks than I have in the past year, hoping to see something from AQ giving us the greenlight to talk...


PS - Easy on the JC stuff, please. Thanks.
 
# 14 Gagnon39 @ 08/15/10 09:10 PM
Sweet. No more having to pretend that Henrik Sedin "decided to play in Europe" as he sits in the free agent pool forever.
 
# 15 Vikes1 @ 08/15/10 09:45 PM
Love what I'm hearing so far....and Qb says something even better yet to come...wow!

Seems EA Canada certainly isn't just resting on past laurels.
 
# 16 BlueNGold @ 08/16/10 01:01 AM
My guess is Online Be A GM. I wonder if I'm warm or cold?
 
# 17 OddyOh @ 08/16/10 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Sweet. No more having to pretend that Henrik Sedin "decided to play in Europe" as he sits in the free agent pool forever.
LOL...yup, sick of this as well! At some point he'd wanna sign somewhere...
 
# 18 TDKing @ 08/16/10 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
My guess is Online Be A GM. I wonder if I'm warm or cold?
I'm hoping, but I doubt it. Looks like a lot of developement time was put into the UPHL (ultimate pokemon hockey league).
 
# 19 adayinthelife @ 08/16/10 10:30 AM
UFA's, RFA's AND offer sheets? Awesome.

Also glad to hear about the trade logic being tuned; while I actually did enjoy the increased activity somewhat, last years' crazy trades were just a little too much for me.
 
# 20 AtlantaLarry @ 08/16/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
Only concern I have is with created players in the chl. Are they all going to be like previous years where they use the combinations of nhl players names?
I can't stand seeing Sidney Ovechkin or Evgeni Richards, drafting 7 rounds of these players I may pass up on a better player just to get a guy with a normal sounding name.
Yeah, and then you'd come across Blue Chip prospect Bob Smith...from Latvia
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.