Home
NBA 2K11 News Post


2K Sports just sent us this higher resolution screenshot of Michael Jordan, in his rookie season, in NBA 2K11.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 106 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ifriedrice @ 08/11/10 08:36 PM
Yessss. Now we're talkin'.

Arms look juuuuuuust right. But as everyone else has said... jersey/shorts are baggier than they should be.
 
# 2 predator828 @ 08/11/10 08:39 PM
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
 
# 3 TUSS11 @ 08/11/10 09:08 PM
That doesn't look like Jordan. It's definitely not on the same level as their '97 Jordan.
 
# 4 MelMan1486 @ 08/11/10 09:17 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on this game
 
"Rookie" Jordan? I know that's the right road uniform for the Celtics game, but I thought "Rookie" Jordan had the script "Chicago" on the away jersey.

 
# 6 Quintin @ 08/11/10 09:39 PM
C'mon people. Your life is not going to be any worse or any better as a result of the accuracy of the details of a videogame representation of MJ. Just be glad that the attempt was made to produce a simulation of MJ and very good attempt at that.
 
# 7 fliplm0de @ 08/11/10 09:41 PM
I like the kicks haha I am sure its not even final so more adjustments will be made.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin
C'mon people. Your life is not going to be any worse or any better as a result of the accuracy of the details of a videogame representation of MJ. Just be glad that the attempt was made to produce a simulation of MJ and very good attempt at that.
Yeah--but don't call it "Rookie" Jordan if MJ did in fact have an entirely different jersey that year. I'm not complaining about little things, but you gotta admit that's pretty big if it is wrong.
 
# 9 VDusen04 @ 08/11/10 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Yeah--but don't call it "Rookie" Jordan if MJ did in fact have an entirely different jersey that year. I'm not complaining about little things, but you gotta admit that's pretty big if it is wrong.
I would bet that jersey's there (don't know how to explain it being absent on this shot) but over the years, 2K's always had that retro option with Chicago, even when they had very little retro choices.

Even still, I love that picture.
 
# 10 youvalss @ 08/11/10 09:51 PM
Yeah, I thought they need to change the jersey. But then again, it's the 1985-86 one, so it's not actually the one he wore as a rookie. I wonder if we have the 1984-85 Bulls jerseys among the retro ones...?
 
# 11 Eman5805 @ 08/11/10 09:53 PM
His nose looks off and I'd bet his shorts were a bit shorter back in '84.
 
# 12 youvalss @ 08/11/10 09:58 PM
His face may be not 100% accurate, but pretty good. But I think he needs to be darker, unless it's the lighting that makes him look lighter.

 
# 13 portlandblazer @ 08/11/10 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
I dont get you 2K Michael Jordans legs should be longer and skinnier.....u guys had the same problem with iggy..... idk it just seems that u guys have the same leg model for everyone..... if u look at michael when he was a rookie his legs werent that short and jacked
its not just mj and iggy, its all player models. 2ks body proportions are off a bit. either the legs are too thick, not skinny enough, or the torso is too long and in effect the legs are too short. not sure what it is exactly but ive been trying to figure out exactly what it is.
 
# 14 esilk @ 08/11/10 09:59 PM
If this is a pic from the new mode, Its right. They said that you can play with rookie MJ in todays NBA not from 1984
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Yeah, I thought they need to change the jersey. But then again, it's the 1985-86 one, so it's not actually the one he wore as a rookie. I wonder if we have the 1984-85 Bulls jerseys among the retro ones...?
That's what I meant--thanks for saying it like that. I know he wore that jersey vs Boston in the 63 point game, but when I saw the title Rookie Michael Jordan I was expecting to see him in his rookie jersey with the script "Chicago."
 
# 16 youvalss @ 08/11/10 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
That's what I meant--thanks for saying it like that. I know he wore that jersey vs Boston in the 63 point game, but when I saw the title Rookie Michael Jordan I was expecting to see him in his rookie jersey with the script "Chicago."
One thing, the 1984-85 Bulls home jerseys were that UGLIEST jerseys ever!
 
# 17 49UNCFan @ 08/11/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
collectors edition comes with a pair of Jordans. Im calling it.
Just think if some exclusive Retro's like the Cool Grey IV's came with 2k11 for $249.99 this game will probably break records lol
 
# 18 -DaVe- @ 08/11/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
its not just mj and iggy, its all player models. 2ks body proportions are off a bit. either the legs are too thick, not skinny enough, or the torso is too long and in effect the legs are too short. not sure what it is exactly but ive been trying to figure out exactly what it is.
Its funny because I was thinking the same exact thing today!
The legs in the 2k series have always looked off, they're not skinny and or long enough. Pau Gasol for example has giraffe legs in real life yet in 2k10 they're short and stubby lol...
the calf to ankle ratio should be more apart...
I hope a dev sees this post and makes that slight adjustment to the legs ...
 
# 19 VDusen04 @ 08/11/10 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Yeah, I thought they need to change the jersey. But then again, it's the 1985-86 one, so it's not actually the one he wore as a rookie. I wonder if we have the 1984-85 Bulls jerseys among the retro ones...?
I just had this epiphany in the other thread. I should have came in here and followed up first.
 
# 20 chackett12 @ 08/11/10 10:24 PM
Love this jordan stuff! Game modes are gonna be amazing. Hope online is fixed also...

*Off Topic- But I want to know if Lebron's headband will be fixed. It disturbs me to see one of the games best players to not be exact.

Oct. 5th ----> Can't Wait!
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.