10:48 AM - August 4, 2010 by Steve_OS
Milton Keynes, UK 4th August, 2010 – 505 Games and NaturalMotion Games announced today that Greathouse, the forthcoming update to their revolutionary, euphoria-powered football game, Backbreaker, is available for download on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The update introduces brand new features, gameplay enhancements and dozens of important tweaks, resulting in a greatly enriched Backbreaker experience.
Major features in Greathouse include:
- Brand new replay system with the addition of seven fully functional cameras, including free flight mode and a cinematic ‘ball-lock’ option.
- An additional 110+ plays adding up to twice the number of offensive and defensive plays, including an additional nine formations.
- Improved Quarterback camera view and passing game.
- A user-catch system, giving the player a much greater level of control over the on-field action.
- Comprehensive review of the penalty rulings following an analysis of reported errors.
Backbreaker, developed by NaturalMotion Games and published worldwide by 505 Games, is the world’s first truly live sports title. Utilizing the studio’s own euphoria engine, Backbreaker brings a revolutionary in-game animation system to the on-field action, meaning no two tackles will ever be alike. Backbreaker is available on Xbox 360TM and PlayStation® 3.
UPDATE: According to the official Backbreaker Facebook page, it was a PR mistake. It will not be released today.