Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

As many of you may know already -- and if you don't it's okay because I'm about to enlighten you -- NCAA's dynasty mode is horribly broken this year.

Since EA Tiburon made the decision to rate recruits lower coming into school (but yet I guess forget to work on the progression of the game), most teams end up with middle of the road talent after years 4 or 5. It's like all of the football talent in America dries up after this year and all you are left with are a bunch of players rated in the 70s. I did a sim to see how bad it was and my Oklahoma Sooners went from a team with A ratings to a team with C+ ratings, yet they still won the Big XII in Year 7 with that kind of talent. Mostly because Texas had slipped to a team with C-s across the board. Baylor actually was rated as D+ (roughly where such powerhouses as UL Monroe and Western Kentucky lie today).

To me -- this just shows how horribly stale Dynasty mode is in NCAA.

Read More - NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 82 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 georgiafan @ 07/27/10 01:40 PM
Ive yet to see a example of how the lowerd ratings change anything gameplay wise on the field. If my team is rated a B but yet I still go 10-2 and win the SEC whats the big deal.

Also I love recruiting and anyone that doesnt is just to to going through the motions and signing 15 5* guys. When you auctally make it a tough its much more rewarding then last years.
 
# 2 dan_457 @ 07/27/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Ive yet to see a example of how the lowerd ratings change anything gameplay wise on the field. If my team is rated a B but yet I still go 10-2 and win the SEC whats the big deal.

Also I love recruiting and anyone that doesnt is just to to going through the motions and signing 15 5* guys. When you auctally make it a tough its much more rewarding then last years.
If you haven't realized that the world doesn't revolve around just your team, and that this affects every team, and makes many worse than FCS teams, then oh well. Also if you need an example, how about kickers, the vast majority of kickers that are generated miss extra points consistently, and can't even kick a 30 yard field goal.
 
# 3 Sabredj @ 07/27/10 01:52 PM
I've been pretty tied up lately and haven't had time to search the forums, is there any word of another patch coming and has there been any word that this would be addressed? Any chance tuner sets could address this?
 
# 4 cha0ss0ldier @ 07/27/10 01:56 PM
This is very frustrating. I'm in year 7 of my dynasty and these things have really started to affect my dynasty.

I got the #1 WR recruit in the nation and was excited....until I saw his 31 juke and 32 spin moves.

My kicker has 40 KPW and 40 KAC.

#1 MLB in the nation comes in at an 81 OVR......but with 41 AWR.

Half of the teams are D+ or worse and teams like Texas, UF, and Michigan are sitting at C or worse.

I was really enjoying this game so much....this is so frustrating.
 
# 5 georgiafan @ 07/27/10 01:57 PM
Can't the Kickers easily being fixed with sliders? The AWR should improve and from what everyone is saying it doesnt go up much. The ELU and Juke rating you would think if broken and are that low could be patched.
 
# 6 mhagf4 @ 07/27/10 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Can't the Kickers easily being fixed with sliders? The AWR should improve and from what everyone is saying it doesnt go up much. The ELU and Juke rating you would think if broken and are that low could be patched.

The sliders don't fix the kicking problem...

The Awareness doesn't progress enough (a guy with a 40 AWR will eventually get to be a stellar 55 or so. That's borderline rahtarded.)
 
# 7 dan_457 @ 07/27/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Can't the Kickers easily being fixed with sliders? The AWR should improve and from what everyone is saying it doesnt go up much. The ELU and Juke rating you would think if broken and are that low could be patched.
No, they can't its been tried and they'll still miss, they're that bad, and also, why and the hell should we have to do something like that even if it did work? This needs to be addressed, along with everything else.
 
# 8 EvanRG @ 07/27/10 02:03 PM
Boy oh boy, We should just rename the NCAA Forums to -- DYNASTY PROGRESSION HATERS.

Seriously, this game IS NOT broken. Is it the goal every year to complain about SOMETHING? Yes there are some flaws, but I am so tired of this entire forum being a Progression discussion.

OS, do yourself a favor and take control of the forums again -- make one Progression thread and lock everything else otherwise you will have what we are almost at: the top 5 of 10 threads are all about the same thing.
 
# 9 dan_457 @ 07/27/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Boy oh boy, We should just rename the NCAA Forums to -- DYNASTY PROGRESSION HATERS.

Seriously, this game IS NOT broken. Is it the goal every year to complain about SOMETHING?
Excuse us for wanting the game to be better and for it to move forward. We could just sit back complacently, and take what ever crap EA wants to spoon feed us year after year, like you'd want us to do apparently. This game wasn't free, and we can bitch, just like you're bitching about us bitching.
 
# 10 cha0ss0ldier @ 07/27/10 02:09 PM
How can you say it's not broken? I tried so hard to keep playing with the game like this but it just isn't as fun.

My 95 OVR FS just stands there like a rock and lets people run by him because of his low AWR rating.

My 5'10 195lb 92 OVR WR with 95 speed and 92 ACC has the agility and juke moves of a DT! Most of the Tight Ends in the nation have better juke moves than my WRs!

The CPU miss almost every extra point and NEVER even try to kick field goals.

Half of the teams in the nation are worse than the generic FCS teams!
 
# 11 BIG17EASY @ 07/27/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersSocrates
I'm in the camp of people who hasn't even hit the power button on my PS3 when I read the threads about progression. It's very disappointing to see how much EA could care less about the customers. By contrast, anyone here buy MLB The Show this year and notice how quick the patches were out and fixed...more importantly, they COMMUNICATED with the customers right away about the various issues...none of which were to the degree that this game's issues. I give the game a D+ until the patch comes out and would encourage anyone who has not bought the game to wait until it's fixed.

What is EA"s track record in terms of how long after a game comes out until the first patch?
That's the one beautiful thing about SCEA, in my opinion. They're active in these forums and tell us when they can and can't give out information. You can guarantee that if this was The Show we were talking about, Kolbe would be in here telling us everything he possibly could.

EA ... not so much.
 
# 12 Tonka @ 07/27/10 02:13 PM
It really is a damn shame that Dynasty is in the state it is, cause gameplay wise I haven't had this much fun playing NCAA for years. I know that the NCAA devs probably are on a well deserved vacation after releasing the game, but if any of them lurk on these forums it would be really nice to see them explain the situation. A patch is very much needed for the progression issue in dynasty though...and it's needed fast.
 
# 13 EvanRG @ 07/27/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Excuse us for wanting the game to be better and for it to move forward. We could just sit back complacently, and take what ever crap EA wants to spoon feed us year after year, like you'd want us to do apparently. This game wasn't free, and we can bitch, just like you're bitching about us bitching.
Way to not quote my whole post. My point is not that we shouldn't demand excellence. Heck, last year I sold NCAA 10 faster than you can write your response to me because frankly, it was the worst NCAA ever.

My point is that this is an issue that hasn't even been proved to cause gameplay issues! Rather it is purely ratings driven and has everyone in a tizzy over a bunch of letter grades and numbers. How else could we have teams with C+ grades winning conference championships?

This forum is frankly unreadable because of all the people who are just jumping on the bandwagon of complaining about progression.

If we do get a patch for progression everyone will realize that the only thing different about the game will be the numbers and letters next to players and teams.
 
# 14 kingkilla56 @ 07/27/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Way to not quote my whole post. My point is not that we shouldn't demand excellence. Heck, last year I sold NCAA 10 faster than you can write your response to me because frankly, it was the worst NCAA ever.

My point is that this is an issue that hasn't even been proved to cause gameplay issues! Rather it is purely ratings driven and has everyone in a tizzy over a bunch of letter grades and numbers. How else could we have teams with C+ grades winning conference championships?

This forum is frankly unreadable because of all the people who are just jumping on the bandwagon of complaining about progression.

If we do get a patch for progression everyone will realize that the only thing different about the game will be the numbers and letters next to players and teams.
I'm still convinced you haven't played a single game past year 4 in dynasty. All i here is you saying there is no proof.... Play the game for your proof, we are not hiding anything from nor are we lying about this to you sir. You give me proof that this isn't a problem how about that.
 
# 15 BIG17EASY @ 07/27/10 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Way to not quote my whole post. My point is not that we shouldn't demand excellence. Heck, last year I sold NCAA 10 faster than you can write your response to me because frankly, it was the worst NCAA ever.

My point is that this is an issue that hasn't even been proved to cause gameplay issues! Rather it is purely ratings driven and has everyone in a tizzy over a bunch of letter grades and numbers. How else could we have teams with C+ grades winning conference championships?

This forum is frankly unreadable because of all the people who are just jumping on the bandwagon of complaining about progression.

If we do get a patch for progression everyone will realize that the only thing different about the game will be the numbers and letters next to players and teams.
It is causing gameplay problems, though. When CPU-controlled teams don't bother kicking 25-yard field goals because kickers are just awful or when they do, they miss them horribly, it's a problem. People have reported CPU teams in never punting because punters are so bad. That's a gameplay problem. Users are converting cornerbacks to kickers because they have higher kick ratings than the kickers they recruited. That's a problem.

The reason teams with C+ ratings are winning conference championships is because the lower-tier teams in BCS conferences are filled with rosters of players rated in the 60s or lower. Five or more seasons into dynasties and teams are ending up with rosters with seven or eight QBs, or no quality running backs. It's a problem when Penn State doesn't have a running back rated overall above the 40s, as one user reported when this first came up. That may be a rarity, but just the fact that it's possible is a big problem.
 
# 16 ZekeRoberts @ 07/27/10 02:25 PM
I feel like there used to be a time on these forums when people would complain about an issue (even a major issue) and there could be some discussion, but eventually there was always an acknowledgment that "EA has to consider its entire fan base, and not just the OS-type sim-diehards, so what can you really expect?" Even now that we have developers or their sentries interacting with our community, which is fantastic,

IT'S STILL A VIDEO GAME. EA's bottom line can only be so concerned about tweaking recruits and progression until it's perfect. And that definitely bothers me as much as the next guy, trust me I hate the MonopolEA, and I really hope that they will release a patch to improve this issue.

But a "revolution?" I mean c'mon now. Exactly how is that going to happen, and more importantly, how is Operation Sports going to make it happen. If there is something I can do for this cause then I will stand alongside the rest of y'all. But otherwise the only type of revolution I can think of is for people in this community to not buy this game immediately when it comes out. And I think that the threads convincing people that this game is not worth the price tag pale in comparision to the hype that these forums drum up for these games year in and year out.

The best thing I could suggest for an alternative is to go try Bowl Bound College Football for PC, a text sim that has a really good system for recruits and progression. But then again, believe it or not, that GAME has its own issues as well (aside from being a text sim that will turn most people off anyways).

I just want the kids out there reading this to know that this ALWAYS happens, and if you want to just enjoy a game that you think is pretty great, then don't pay much attention to these threads and just get back to recruiting. And this is coming from someone who HAS been turned off of my favorite game by these forums on multiple occasions.
 
# 17 dan_457 @ 07/27/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Way to not quote my whole post. My point is not that we shouldn't demand excellence. Heck, last year I sold NCAA 10 faster than you can write your response to me because frankly, it was the worst NCAA ever.

My point is that this is an issue that hasn't even been proved to cause gameplay issues! Rather it is purely ratings driven and has everyone in a tizzy over a bunch of letter grades and numbers. How else could we have teams with C+ grades winning conference championships?

This forum is frankly unreadable because of all the people who are just jumping on the bandwagon of complaining about progression.

If we do get a patch for progression everyone will realize that the only thing different about the game will be the numbers and letters next to players and teams.
I responded to your post before you're edit it so it didn't get in, anyway i just want throw out that i'm no bandwagon jumper here, I was one of first people(if not the first) to be concerned with the low progression and recruits, if you look at the original Progression thread by whiteout, of course i was the odd man out then. And it's not as simple as numbers or letters, the fact is that most teams become worse than FCS teams, and i'm also saying that AWR matters. I'm in 2019 right now, i can tell the difference.

I do agree that this has exploded, but it needs to be known, honestly i'm tired of going back and forth about progression/recruits but i want to see this fixed.
 
# 18 NDAlum @ 07/27/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I responded to your post before you're edit it so it didn't get in, anyway i just want throw out that i'm no bandwagon jumper here, I was one of first people(if not the first) to be concerned with the low progression and recruits, if you look at the original Progression thread by whiteout, of course i was the odd man out then. And it's not as simple as numbers or letters, the fact is that most teams become worse than FCS teams, and i'm also saying that AWR matters. I'm in 2019 right now, i can tell the difference.

I do agree that this has exploded, but it needs to be known, honestly i'm tired of going back and forth about progression/recruits but i want to see this fixed.
I like how you're reasonable with the situation. I agree with you on the matter.

I can also agree with Evan that I'm tired of seeing thread after thread related to progression.

I hope they have some sort of tweak out here soon
 
# 19 ZekeRoberts @ 07/27/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I won't buy this game until the dynasty mode is better than College Hoops 2K8.
If I did that, I don't think I would buy another sports game unless its title rhymed with Schmollege Schmoops
 
# 20 BIG17EASY @ 07/27/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Wow, well this makes me feel good about not getting the game!

Start using benchmarks, yall. I won't buy this game until the dynasty mode is better than College Hoops 2K8. That is what I based my decision on. I guess I won't have to worry about that for a while.

Let's get this revolution going, I don't want to wait until I'm in retirement home for Tiburon to develop a decent dynasty football game!
CHoops 2K8 is a pretty high standard to hold games to. IMO, that's the best sports game I've ever played on any console, as far as overall experience. I still pop it in somewhat regularly when the winter months roll around.
 

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.