Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post



Quote:
"You've got 20,000 in-game Madden Coins from your pre-order. Madden NFL 11 has Madden Moments LIVE this year! This, as we say, is a match made in pigskin heaven. Because now you can recreate the best moments of the NFL on a week-by-week basis. Use your coins to buy individual moments, an entire week of moments, or go really deep and get the whole season. Watch the video to learn more about this exclusive Madden Mondays feature announcement."

Source: Gamestop - Madden Mondays

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dog @ 07/26/10 10:21 AM
WHOA now this is really cool
 
# 2 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/26/10 10:22 AM
Very nice. Can't wait to try this feature out this year. Thanks for posting Steveo
 
# 3 bcruise @ 07/26/10 10:27 AM
Why am I getting the "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper" video that we've all seen a bunch of times when I go to the link? It doesn't have anything to do with Madden Moments, so I'm wondering if my browser is caching...
 
# 4 myownsun @ 07/26/10 10:29 AM
OH OK thats pretty kewl....... I though those coins were useless.
 
# 5 cdon2k @ 07/26/10 10:29 AM
Where's the video?
 
# 6 jvaccaro @ 07/26/10 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Watch the video to learn more about this exclusive Madden Mondays feature announcement.
the video on that linked page just shows the simpler quicker deeper trailer.

either way, seems like a cool feature. maybe if I have spare coins I'll try the current Madden Moments, but I won't spend any real money on that.

They're really juicing those micro transactions. Coins for everything. According to that site, you can only earn coins in Head-to-Head online games and Ultimate team... or pay money for them. and that's bad, mmmkay.
 
# 7 bcruise @ 07/26/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
the video on that linked page just shows the simpler quicker deeper trailer.

either way, seems like a cool feature. maybe if I have spare coins I'll try the current Madden Moments, but I won't spend any real money on that.

They're really juicing those micro transactions. Coins for everything. According to that site, you can only earn coins in Head-to-Head online games and Ultimate team... or pay money for them. and that's bad, mmmkay.
That whole Madden Mondays section is messed up anyways....The "next week" preview from week 4 was supposed to be about scouting, and it's about Madden Moments instead. Perhaps Gamestop should just stick to selling games and not hyping up Madden.
 
# 8 Brandwin @ 07/26/10 11:31 AM
Eh, I don't know about having to buy them... I don't play Madden Moments enough.
 
# 9 packers718 @ 07/26/10 11:47 AM
people the coins bring back some old madden where u use them to buy in game stuff... u dont have to buy coins but when u finish playing a game u are rewarded some coinage for a bunch of stuff in game which is very nice
 
# 10 TreyIM2 @ 07/26/10 12:13 PM
Definitely like the idea of the Madden moments purchase with the coins. I wasn't going to pre-order Madden, this year, because it didn't seem like there was any reason to do so unlike last year with the Superbowl demo but now I want to get those coins. I don't want them for anything else but the Live Madden Moments.
 
# 11 FieldMarshallP1 @ 07/26/10 03:57 PM
We're all in for a LONG RIDE wit EA. I Love how they are trying so hard to polish this game with so many things other than actual on the field gameplay. Don't get me wrong the new sideline catches do look great but they dumbed down the consumers of football by adding and subtracting features that were in the game previously and renaming them. For EX. Protack. That has been in previous Madden games IE Madden 03-05. This year progressive lighting...and i can go on forever. I am not a EA basher or as some might think but i am a person who is just tired of EA's deception. I have been playing madden religiously since 92. I am just tired and to continue to let them do what they want is a crime that i can't stand for.
Its time to wake up People.
 
# 12 bcruise @ 07/26/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldMarshallP1
We're all in for a LONG RIDE wit EA. I Love how they are trying so hard to polish this game with so many things other than actual on the field gameplay. Don't get me wrong the new sideline catches do look great but they dumbed down the consumers of football by adding and subtracting features that were in the game previously and renaming them. For EX. Protack. That has been in previous Madden games IE Madden 03-05. This year progressive lighting...and i can go on forever. I am not a EA basher or as some might think but i am a person who is just tired of EA's deception. I have been playing madden religiously since 92. I am just tired and to continue to let them do what they want is a crime that i can't stand for.
Its time to wake up People.
Pro-tak in '03-05? You're joking, right?

Last-Gen Madden did have 2-man gang tackling, but only when two players hit the ballcarrier at the exact same time at the right angle. Pro-tak (when it works) lets other players come in after the initial hit. The problem is that there aren't a whole lot of tackles that trigger it, which leads to the bouncing off that we've seen in years past.
 
# 13 XtremeDunkz @ 07/26/10 04:18 PM
this is kind of a similar approach to the nba and mlb today in the 2k games. and those are offered for free, without virtual coins. Everything EA adds now and in the future will be based around making more money, it is sad.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 07/26/10 06:07 PM
Video works now, OP updated.
 
# 15 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/26/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Video works now, OP updated.
Thanks very much bro. I love how they are going through each week and allowing us to relieve it in madden. Thanks for updating it Steveo.
 
# 16 Dog @ 07/26/10 06:17 PM
man i really wish we didnt have to use coins for this
 
# 17 FieldMarshallP1 @ 07/26/10 06:23 PM
# 12 bcruise
Protak was in 03-05 check out dts5381's Channel on youtube video footage of protak. I still have madden 03 for Ps2 but im not really into the youtube thing so this will due. Now tell me im wrong?!?
 
# 18 FieldMarshallP1 @ 07/26/10 06:26 PM
Pro-tak in '03-05? You're joking, right?

Last-Gen Madden did have 2-man gang tackling, but only when two players hit the ballcarrier at the exact same time at the right angle. Pro-tak (when it works) lets other players come in after the initial hit. The problem is that there aren't a whole lot of tackles that trigger it, which leads to the bouncing off that we've seen in years past.

My bad you are correct i confused Protak with locomotion. I stand corrected. Locomotion is what i intendid to reference.
 
# 19 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 07/26/10 06:30 PM
Ha Did anyone else notice that all of the names in the top 5 scores list near the end were names from Arrested Development.
Anyway, this is awesome and cant wait for this!
 
# 20 Bumble14 @ 07/26/10 06:34 PM
I can't believe you have to use coins or real cash to "buy" these. All moments should be available to anyone with an Internet connection to play whenever they want. Not really that pleased with this announcement...sets a dangerous precident.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.