Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post


Kotaku's Owen Good has posted an article entitled, A Road to Glory, Traveled by Many. As always, a very good read.

Quote:
"Past iterations of Road to Glory featured off-the-field decisions like choosing a major and "going to class," - essentially taking a trivia test that could boost your attributes. ‘The NCAA really loved us for doing that," Haumiller said. Going forward, he wants to build up the mode's focus on preparation: "How will you learn that playbook, how will you earn - not just playing time, but then different responsibilities on your team?"

Recruiting could probably use some stronger integration with how it's done, on the coaching side, in Dynasty mode. "I wouldn't want it to be just picking from a list of schools, but we'd want to keep that at a brisk pace, too," Haumiller said. "And we'd want to give you a reason to practice. Maybe there are storylines with other players, like you're a junior who wants to be a starter, but there's a hotshot recruit coming in. That's the key, giving your player a story and identity."

Haumiller said that, in the past, the team even considered integrating Road to Glory with NCAA Basketball (now canceled), giving you a chance to play as a two-sport star, like North Carolina's Julius Peppers.
"The ship dates were so far apart ... it was a logistical nightmare, although we always thought it would be a really fun way to do things,"
Haumiller said.

But creating a two-way player on a football team - a wide receiver/defensive back, such as Ohio State's Chris Gamble - could be a possibility. "I could see a place for that, being a lot of fun,"
Haumiller said."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 82 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 capdova22 @ 07/10/10 08:53 PM
In my opinion I think that the idea of an athlete going both ways is a great idea, I think that it would give some players the ability to do more within their road to glory mode. There are some things that I feel that the staff at EA should bring back to the game that would make it feel more authentic such as the freedom to choose a major and either do work or do drills. There were always different senarios within the game that kept the game fresh. In the road to glory mode now it seems to be growing, but still needs some work as far as keeping the player guessing and on their toes. Yes the games are fun, and the mode is somewhat addicitive, but I feel that if someone has to sit and play a career for 3 to four years that it should at least take more than a week to finish.
I buy the game and am ready to ship my player off to madden within a week because there is nothing that is keeping me around to play the game mode longer. No events, no situations, no college experience simulations. If you are a starter theres no need for practice, and all you need to do it go to the library and your player will be fine. The mode is too easy going and doesn't bring more of an authintic college athlete feel to it.
I would love to see what the guys cook up for NCAA Football 12 because it is obviously too late to see anything thrown into NCAA Football 11.
 
# 2 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/10/10 10:26 PM
Man I've tried road to glory in the past and it was ok. But I might try it when I get the game next week. Good write up.
 
# 3 Aggies7 @ 07/11/10 04:59 AM
Nice little write up...I didnt use the RTG mode last year but I may have to try it this year.
 
# 4 JkA3 @ 07/11/10 08:39 AM
I think I may give this mode a shot this year.
 
# 5 Miden @ 07/11/10 10:22 AM
I didn't really like RTG in NCAA 10, but I'll probably give it another shot in this years game.
 
# 6 LilE2k04 @ 07/11/10 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capdova22
In my opinion I think that the idea of an athlete going both ways is a great idea, I think that it would give some players the ability to do more within their road to glory mode. There are some things that I feel that the staff at EA should bring back to the game that would make it feel more authentic such as the freedom to choose a major and either do work or do drills. There were always different senarios within the game that kept the game fresh. In the road to glory mode now it seems to be growing, but still needs some work as far as keeping the player guessing and on their toes. Yes the games are fun, and the mode is somewhat addicitive, but I feel that if someone has to sit and play a career for 3 to four years that it should at least take more than a week to finish.
I buy the game and am ready to ship my player off to madden within a week because there is nothing that is keeping me around to play the game mode longer. No events, no situations, no college experience simulations. If you are a starter theres no need for practice, and all you need to do it go to the library and your player will be fine. The mode is too easy going and doesn't bring more of an authintic college athlete feel to it.
I would love to see what the guys cook up for NCAA Football 12 because it is obviously too late to see anything thrown into NCAA Football 11.

I completely agree. we need position drills, not just team practice. maybe for 12, let us explore the campus to find something to do. when we hit the gym, let us have control over our athlete. the same thing with the library, training facility and extra activities. blu-ray disc have more than enough space to fit this ad much much more. since game play is fixed this year, then next year, you can focus on the extra things that makes it authentic and realistic, like being in a freshman dorm then to an apartment as your career progress
 
# 7 Vaporub83 @ 07/11/10 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilE2k04
I completely agree. we need position drills, not just team practice. maybe for 12, let us explore the campus to find something to do. when we hit the gym, let us have control over our athlete. the same thing with the library, training facility and extra activities. blu-ray disc have more than enough space to fit this ad much much more. since game play is fixed this year, then next year, you can focus on the extra things that makes it authentic and realistic, like being in a freshman dorm then to an apartment as your career progress
Blu-Ray isn't maxed out you are right, the problem is that the X-Box 360 doesn't use Blu-Ray. The 360 disc is close to being maxed.
 
# 8 YungPat97 @ 07/11/10 01:53 PM
sooooooo basically they just told us nothing's gonna change until next yr
 
# 9 LilE2k04 @ 07/20/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Blu-Ray isn't maxed out you are right, the problem is that the X-Box 360 doesn't use Blu-Ray. The 360 disc is close to being maxed.

Thats true. and with me owning a PlayStation3 i think they(EA) need to have a different team to design for PlayStation and then a team for all the other platforms. bkuz 360 is holding us back from our real potential. If games would separate the gigantic memory of blu-ray, and the limited memory of HD DVD. People would go get a PS3 if they have a XBOX, or the XBox would have to upgrade. If yaw wanna hire some people to help make this possible. im here for hire. hell ill even work damn near 4 free. just let me help improve the game every yr and get a copy of the game.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.