Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post


ESPN Videogames have just posted the full Madden NFL 11 player ratings for the Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders.

Quote:
"Day three of ESPN's exclusive "Madden NFL 11" player ratings reveal brings us to one of the biggest rivalries of the AFC West, the Broncos and Raiders."

Don't forget to check out the Top Players at Each Position, right here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tef @ 06/30/10 12:27 PM
They made Tebow stronger than all of the linebackers (except Dumerville), Tight ends and running backs on Denver's roster.
 
# 2 angels eclipse7 @ 06/30/10 12:29 PM
I thought these were pretty spot on. Campbell should only be about a 78. And their should be no raider wide receivers above 69 in my opinion. They were just awful last year, although a lot of it was russell's fault. Seymour might be a little over rated. Dumervil is over rated. EA rates 3-4 linebackers like they do 4-3 DE's. Basically its all about sacks. But 3-4 linebackers have to play LINEBACKER too. So even though Dumervil is a pass rushing monster, he only gets maybe 3 tackles a game. To me, that is just not enough tackles to get a rating so high. I'd rate him about 87. Props to EA for having the raider corners spot on. Great job. I'd rate Moreno and Buckhalter both 79. I'd rate McFadden 79 too. I was a little surprised they had him at 77.

One thing EA got wrong, Daniel Graham, the broncos tight end. 81?! Bump that down to 73. He is no where near an 81 at this point in his career.
 
# 3 Franchise-Star-21 @ 06/30/10 12:35 PM
Im the biggest DHB fan , but whats funny is he has a catch of 65 , and then a spectacular catch of 85....Seriously ?...Im just bringing up the point of how like bad these ratings look sometimes.
 
# 4 boooey @ 06/30/10 12:42 PM
why get so upset over these ratings? I never understood that.

Other than a couple of these ratings like speed, or catching, do you really think all these other ratings like spectacular catch, or swagger will truly have any kind of impact with the action on the field?

They are just for show..

I have been playing football videogames for 30+ years, and I never ever remember so many people paying so much attention to player ratings like this.

i guess the times have changed..
 
# 5 angels eclipse7 @ 06/30/10 12:49 PM
I don't get upset. I re-rate everybody on my own anyways. I just think it is fun to share opinions and to see if everyone disagrees with me or not.
 
# 6 jscrub3 @ 06/30/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tef
They made Tebow stronger than all of the linebackers (except Dumerville), Tight ends and running backs on Denver's roster.
yeah that seems like a bit much. I wonder what his hit power rating is...
 
# 7 bo4345 @ 06/30/10 01:16 PM
Moreno is good for those quick burst jukes, he's one of my favorite RBs in M10, he has it all except speed, this year he's going to be even better because of his high ACC and AGI, because they matter now. As long as I can cut back or bounce it outside short yardage won't be too difficult. Also a short pass to Eddie Royal or Bay Bay will work also. I just hope the devs put the "Wild Horses" in their play book, I mean we all know that Tebow will be used in specific formations.

I disagree that Campbell is better than Orton, I know the overall rating doesn't mean much, but Orton had a career year, and Josh led a 4-12 team.. Though looking back on the ratings, it looks like the only reason he's rated higher is because of his THP.
 
# 8 angels eclipse7 @ 06/30/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo4345
Moreno is good for those quick burst jukes, he's one of my favorite RBs in M10, he has it all except speed, this year he's going to be even better because of his high ACC and AGI, because they matter now. As long as I can cut back or bounce it outside short yardage won't be too difficult. Also a short pass to Eddie Royal or Bay Bay will work also. I just hope the devs put the "Wild Horses" in their play book, I mean we all know that Tebow will be used in specific formations.

I disagree that Campbell is better than Orton, I know the overall rating doesn't mean much, but Orton had a career year, and Josh led a 4-12 team.. Though looking back on the ratings, it looks like the only reason he's rated higher is because of his THP.
I agree. Orton should be like 79 and Campbell 78.
 
# 9 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/30/10 02:28 PM
I actually think that Jason Campbell is a much better QB than Kyle Orton--it just so happens that Orton played behind one of the best offensive lines, while Campbell...not so much. Hard to throw when you're on your back...
 
# 10 Franchise-Star-21 @ 06/30/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
why get so upset over these ratings? I never understood that.

Other than a couple of these ratings like speed, or catching, do you really think all these other ratings like spectacular catch, or swagger will truly have any kind of impact with the action on the field?

They are just for show..

I have been playing football videogames for 30+ years, and I never ever remember so many people paying so much attention to player ratings like this.

i guess the times have changed..

I emphasized in my point that, i was upset about the stupidity the EA ratings are all about because the contradict each other.
 
# 11 cletusdog @ 06/30/10 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo4345
I disagree that Campbell is better than Orton, I know the overall rating doesn't mean much, but Orton had a career year, and Josh led a 4-12 team.. Though looking back on the ratings, it looks like the only reason he's rated higher is because of his THP.
Didn't Orton only have a career half year? He and the broncos were god awful the second half of the season. All things equal, i'd take Campbell on any given team over Orton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
Is Seymour really a LE on the Raiders? He was a 3-4 DE in New England, so I would have expected him to play DT in the 4-3.
Seymour is the base RE for the Raiders. He is moved around a bit on the DLine, though. I think that Madden gets about three quarters of the positions wrong as far as DEs, OLB and safeties when it comes to weak side, strong side, Left DE, etc.
 
# 12 cletusdog @ 06/30/10 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
Im the biggest DHB fan , but whats funny is he has a catch of 65 , and then a spectacular catch of 85....Seriously ?...Im just bringing up the point of how like bad these ratings look sometimes.
this isn't really a contradiction. There have been a lot of players thru the years that can make highlight type catches, but drop the easy one.

Brandon Lloyd, Braylon Edwards...
 
# 13 Franchise-Star-21 @ 06/30/10 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Yeah but DHB is rubbish at both.

How many spectacular catches have you seen him make in his NFL career?

Exactly ..Thank you.

If he at least made 1 spectacular catch in his career then maybe i would agree. But he hasn't. Hence the Contradiction.
 
# 14 cletusdog @ 06/30/10 04:53 PM
with that logic, none of the rookies should have any ratings, because they have no history of NFL production
 
# 15 Dramaking @ 06/30/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
with that logic, none of the rookies should have any ratings, because they have no history of NFL production
yeah i know it really un fair since they can come in the NFL and be much better than experienced players but they go by there college career.
 
# 16 Outkizast @ 06/30/10 05:47 PM
I think everything looked pretty good... My only ? was seeing Michael Bush at 79 catch and McFadden at 69...

McFadden had 21 catches to Bush's 17... And McFadden even lined up in the slot many times (I actually had thoughts that he should just play WR instead of RB and leave the running to Bush)... Anyways that's my only question mark, but either way like it will make a real difference when I play the game...
 
# 17 br0nc080 @ 06/30/10 11:01 PM
did anyone else notice that brandon lloyd has the 4th lowest swagger on the broncos, behind buckhalter and 2 oline. i didn't realize he hated celebrating...
 
# 18 miami2005734 @ 07/01/10 12:09 AM
I wonder If they realized that Bruce Campbell playes Guard and not Tackle.
 
# 19 Dramaking @ 07/01/10 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life
Damn the Raiders offense looks scary. Look at all the speeds of their wide receivers. Best receiving core in the game right there.
lol only in madden
 
# 20 nhiverson @ 07/01/10 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecpz
I think that Campbell is not better than Orton
Well my momma said he's better than Orton.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.