Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post


Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BiggD @ 06/29/10 05:54 PM
woohoo!
 
# 2 funkysven @ 06/29/10 06:01 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Obviously still early progress so some things will be refined but overall I am pretty happy with the look of this and how everything is going to work.
 
# 3 P21J @ 06/29/10 06:03 PM
Meh, I was expecting a little more but its too early in the dev cycle to nitpick things. But I hope there will be more fadeaway animations this year (especially signature ones).
 
# 4 Brandon Jennings @ 06/29/10 06:08 PM
The movement animations look so bad. I mean, i'm excited about the control element and all but those animations are pretty horrible looking.
 
# 5 funkysven @ 06/29/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
Meh, I was expecting a little more but its too early in the dev cycle to nitpick things. But I hope there will be more fadeaway animations this year (especially signature ones).
If you have been reading any of the site you will know that Sig animations aren't in yet and so this would have all been captured prior to sig shots being included. It is all just to show off some early stuff to show what new things you can do compared to last year.
 
# 6 P21J @ 06/29/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkysven
If you have been reading any of the site you will know that Sig animations aren't in yet and so this would have all been captured prior to sig shots being included. It is all just to show off some early stuff to show what new things you can do compared to last year.
I have been following this site, and especially this forum very closely for the past month. But thank you for telling me that they didn't capture those specific animations. I must've missed that post by one of the devs
 
# 7 FearlessKaz @ 06/29/10 06:31 PM
If the player tendencies and AI can match up with the quality of the controls this game will be epic.

There's no denying show much more organic the game will be with the way the shot stick works with the physics that's for sure.

Anyone else WTF at the dunk by Jennings at the 2:12 mark though? Didn't look like he had much momentum going towards the basket, he just kind of soared to the rim.
 
# 8 rEAnimator @ 06/29/10 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstarshooter32
Not too much new info. Good video though. I hope those jerky, robotic animations are gone by the time it ships though.
If I remember correctly people had the same comments about the animations in the first developer diary. That the crossover animations looked stiff and robotic.

I'm not certain, but I believe the footage for this developer diary was captured around the same time.

Since then we've replaced all the dribble move animations with newly captured moves and they look much more fluid.

They came in the day before E3 so they didn't make it into any of that footage either, which is unfortunate because it would have been nice for you guys to see the improvement.

Anyway, my point was just that this video was recorded a while ago and things are changing at a very rapid pace here, with new animations going in every day.

So please don't be too turned off by the placeholder anims that were in the game when this video was shot.

The point of this video is to explain the controls to people.
 
# 9 Jano @ 06/29/10 06:34 PM
The game still looks like Live 10 which is a good and bad thing.. Good because its not a step back in quality but bad because it may not be a huge upgrade.

Here's to hoping they went for quantity this year because I take some of the herky jerky anims if there is a lot more animations to work with.

Last year Live suffered from a lack of animations that made the game seem stale real quick so I hope that issue is addressed in this years game..
 
# 10 Brandon Jennings @ 06/29/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
If I remember correctly people had the same comments about the animations in the first developer diary. That the crossover animations looked stiff and robotic.

I'm not certain, but I believe the footage for this developer diary was captured around the same time.

Since then we've replaced all the dribble move animations with newly captured moves and they look much more fluid.

They came in the day before E3 so they didn't make it into any of that footage either, which is unfortunate because it would have been nice for you guys to see the improvement.

Anyway, my point was just that this video was recorded a while ago and things are changing at a very rapid pace here, with new animations going in every day.

So please don't be too turned off by the placeholder anims that were in the game when this video was shot.

The point of this video is to explain the controls to people.
Why are you guys ignoring the other thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6-post113.html

Will you ignore that too?
 
# 11 Rocboyz101 @ 06/29/10 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Jennings
Why are you guys ignoring the other thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6-post113.html

Will you ignore that too?
Son, stop. He doesn't even deal with online..
 
# 12 rEAnimator @ 06/29/10 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Jennings
Why are you guys ignoring the other thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6-post113.html

Will you ignore that too?
Sorry about that. I completely agree with your points here, but my area of expertise is gameplay, animation and physics and I am not in a position to talk about online features for the game right now. That's why I left the questions unanswered.

I'll be sure to bring up these concerns with others on the dev team.
 
# 13 Brandon Jennings @ 06/29/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Sorry about that. I completely agree with your points here, but my area of expertise is gameplay, animation and physics and I am not in a position to talk about online features for the game right now. That's why I left the questions unanswered.

I'll be sure to bring up these concerns with others on the dev team.
But i'm sure you're in better position than I am to bring this to the attention of those in charge of this? I really appreciate the fact you checked it out and would appreciate it even more if you brought it to their attention. I've heard complains about this online every time i play team play.

Thank you, i truly appreciate it and means a lot to the consumer when developers listen. Makes all the difference in the world, makes me want to support them.
 
# 14 jgraham9891 @ 06/29/10 07:04 PM
reanimator, the bank shot shooting animation looks awkward. I feel like thats due to the shooting system. The shot is long when the player releases the ball later which is unrealistic, in actuality when you are coming down you lose power. Those bankshots look very unrealistic. What I am getting at is that in order to pull of a bank shot one should not have to release the ball later. It just doesnt make sense.

Also the game needs a whole lot of new animations, that goes for the net, dunks, layups, fadeaways. I know its a work in progress so we will see.
 
# 15 NELL86 @ 06/29/10 07:11 PM
my honest opinion i think nba elite got potental to be the greatest hoop game of all time if everything comes together right wow what a impact this will make if i can control every aspect of my player
 
# 16 funkysven @ 06/29/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham9891
reanimator, the bank shot shooting animation looks awkward. I feel like thats due to the shooting system. The shot is long when the player releases the ball later which is unrealistic, in actuality when you are coming down you lose power. Those bankshots look very unrealistic. What I am getting at is that in order to pull of a bank shot one should not have to release the ball later. It just doesnt make sense.

Also the game needs a whole lot of new animations, that goes for the net, dunks, layups, fadeaways. I know its a work in progress so we will see.
Did you even read what rEAnimator wrote at the top of this page?

He said that new animations are being put in and this footage was captured before a lot of new animations were put in. So to say that the game needs a whole lot of new animations maybe true but you really should read the whole thread before making a statement.

I do however agree with you in regards to the bank shot as it looks a bit funny because you have to force a shot long to bank it in. rEAnimator, can you make a bank shot without having to hold the shot stick longer and releasing on your way down?
 
# 17 rEAnimator @ 06/29/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham9891
reanimator, the bank shot shooting animation looks awkward. I feel like thats due to the shooting system. The shot is long when the player releases the ball later which is unrealistic, in actuality when you are coming down you lose power. Those bankshots look very unrealistic. What I am getting at is that in order to pull of a bank shot one should not have to release the ball later. It just doesnt make sense.

Also the game needs a whole lot of new animations, that goes for the net, dunks, layups, fadeaways. I know its a work in progress so we will see.
I agree with you on the shot power thing. We've had this discussion amongst the dev team about the power meter.

Basically, an early release in real life should result in a lower powered shot. A late release in real life should result in a lower powered shot.

However, people who play video games are trained to think of a power meter as just that. The longer you charge the power, the more power you'll get.

Unfortunately these two ideas conflict.

We've focus tested the two and for now the power meter remains as it is in the video. If you feel strongly about it one way or the other, voice your opinions, post a poll, make it known how you feel.

The game isn't done yet so it is possible to have an influence.

I cannot promise anything will change, but if you feel strongly about it you should make that known.

We are listening.
 
# 18 TheKasmar @ 06/29/10 07:59 PM
It it possible for me to brick a midrange shot? I dont just mean hitting the back of the rim. What determines the power of the shot? Is it always a late release?

Can the basketball hit the backboard as well? The physics of the basketball will play a big role in this game.

I like the control that's displayed in the video, but I'm also concerned to say the least. I cant wait to bust out half court shots.
 
# 19 TheKasmar @ 06/29/10 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Anyone else excited about the purposely missing left or right aspect? I can now finally setup my center or forward for a tip in and miss exactly to where they're positioned.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!
I want to brick a freethrow in a late game situation. I hope that same type of control is at the freethrow line.
 
# 20 rEAnimator @ 06/29/10 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I want to brick a freethrow in a late game situation. I hope that same type of control is at the freethrow line.
Yes, this works and it's awesome.
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.