According to Eurogamer and Peter Moore, there are no plans (as of now) for a new SSX game.

"SSX is a fabulous piece of intellectual property. You never say never, but there's nothing to say right now."

Member Comments
# 1 Shawnj86 @ 06/24/10 08:01 AM
Oh. i wanted to try it out but guess i wont know

# 2 TreyIM2 @ 06/24/10 10:31 AM
I bought the first one at launch for the PS2 but didn't really get into it. My cousin LOVED that game. He bought it, too, at launch.

# 3 Blzer @ 06/30/10 04:48 PM
This just doesn't make any sense. The world needs a current-gen SSX game.

# 4 raidersbball20 @ 06/30/10 08:17 PM
this is bad news for me, I was a huge fan of SSX back in the day. I loved the first SSX and tricky but after that the game seemed to have a weird apporach to characters and i didn't like the coarses as much. I still play a little on tour for psp

# 5 Blzer @ 07/01/10 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
SSX 3 was inferior. You're right, it got a lot less character-based. But SSX: On Tour is my favorite. You create your own character (so idealistically I created myself) and you do events from there. The one thing I did not like though was their new form of "uber" tricks. I forget what they're called now in this game, monster tricks or something? Anyway, I didn't like that it would do a weird camera zoom & pan and that time would slow down. The only way to circumvent that would be to play multiplayer (the slowdown, at least).

I was hoping for a much bigger mountain in a newer SSX game, but that may be a long while before we get one.

# 6 alliance4g63 @ 07/02/10 04:29 PM
I absolutely hate I can't have a next gen SSX game. SSX is one of favorite franchises of all time. I still play SSX 3 every now and then just to do a run at the half pipe. Ea can put out all this other trash but not an ace like SSX? So pissed...

Bring back EA Sports BIG!

# 7 NoDakHusker @ 07/08/10 10:47 PM
SSX 1 was one of my favorite games on the PS2(when I owned one, anyway)
Each sequel got progressively worse, I really enjoyed the first one.
Heck, I'd just play it if they put SSX 1 on Xbox Live Arcade or something. That would be awesome.