03:02 PM - June 22, 2010 by COMMISSIONERHBK9
As most of you are well aware of our morning unexpected surprise with Sony Europe (SCEE) releasing the PS3 EU patch, I can now officially cofirm the NA patch is live as well. This means ALL PS3 UFC players world-wide can patch up and play against each other. While this is great for PS3 players as a welcome surprise, it is unfortunate for XBOX 360 players. We never release a patch for a system or region before it is ready for all, that is why this is unfortunate for 360 players. We do not control the green "GO" button, but we do co-manage the final process and communication with 1st party so that everyone is always aligned, makes sense right? =) We had no idea the Sony Europe PS3 patch would release and thus were caught off guard. Not until all patch versions (360 and PS3) have been approved, are any patches supposed to be released. That said, this is great for PS3 players whom were facing the brunt of online issues with the game, and while not fair, it is still good news in general for PS3 players.
So what does this mean for PS3 players?
- All Playstation 3 players should be able to patch and play each other
- Unfortunately, Microsoft has no jurisdiction to speed up their processes in light of an early release of the PS3 patch. We can't force the XBOX 360 patch to come out any faster than was already planned per their approval and testing process. MSFT has had the patch for a week and all signs have pointed to their approval this week or early next which would then allow us to immedietly release, and that is currently still the plan.
- We are informing MSFT about this situation, but it is unlikely their process will speed up as such. We're hopeful and confident it will remain on track andf they will approve as quickly as Sony is currently doing. We have to respect their processes.
Thanks for understanding, and to those who have downloaded the PS3 patch, we hope its being enjoyed thus far and starting to cure a lot of your online woes.
Of course, I will update with more info as soon as I have it.
Source: UFC Patch Release Update - All PS3 patch versions live (UPDATED)
What's in the patch?
- Changes Ranked and Player Match matchmaking to increase the success rate of joining online matches - applies to PS3 and X360.
- Changes online point system so that players lose Ranked match points upon disconnecting from the match.
- Removes instant takedowns. All takedowns now require a struggle.
- Changes the Omoplata submission so fighters cannot cancel to a standing position.
- Reduces the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties.
- Fixes CAF stats so they update correctly when moving to different weight divisions in Career mode.
- Fixes a bug in Career in which the fighter is demoted to the WFA when he should not.
- Career Fighters no longer keep their stats when copied to the Create A Fighter mode.
- Career Fighters can no longer obtain stats of 100 in all categories (i.e. no Super CAFs)
Source: UFC Patch Update - highlight fixes + update