Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Two big touchdown plays from none other than Tim Tebow in Madden NFL 11. This video was played on "Pro" difficulty.


Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 lolfalconsbeatu @ 06/18/10 01:24 PM
jesus christ
 
# 2 NoFear @ 06/18/10 01:24 PM
Well that vid pretty much confirms Broncos will be the most used online.
 
# 3 Millennium @ 06/18/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastsofboston
I guarrenty you that is rookie or pro mode.
It was on Pro, against me. You'll notice I tried to hit stick him the first and third missed tackle. I suck.
 
# 4 Netherscourge @ 06/18/10 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSimCity
Two big touchdown plays from none other than Tim Tebow in Madden NFL 11.


&ampampampnbsp
&ampampampnbsp

On the passing TD...

I love how the CENTER (70) and the RIGHT GUARD (73) both back up off the line and just stand in place stomping their feet not blocking anyone or assisting anyone else on the line.

The Guard initially knocks his guy down - and then turns back upfield and just stands in place stomping his feet while the guy he knocked down gets back off the ground and runs after the QB again...

(Start the video at 42 seconds and just watch the Center and Right Guard during the play)

There's so much wrong and inaccurate about the O-Line blocking it's just sad...
 
# 5 da bucs gm @ 06/18/10 02:05 PM
anyone find that music playing in the background fitting?
 
# 6 boooey @ 06/18/10 02:14 PM
wow, he was ice skating all over the place. there was a couple of times where Tebow was engaged, and his legs stopped moving, but he was still moving forward, like he was just gliding on ice..

I can't be the only one who sees this..
 
# 7 ABR173rd @ 06/18/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
On the passing TD...

I love how the CENTER (70) and the RIGHT GUARD (73) both back up off the line and just stand in place stomping their feet not blocking anyone or assisting anyone else on the line.

The Guard initially knocks his guy down - and then turns back upfield and just stands in place stomping his feet while the guy he knocked down gets back off the ground and runs after the QB again...

(Start the video at 42 seconds and just watch the Center and Right Guard during the play)

There's so much wrong and inaccurate about the O-Line blocking it's just sad...
If you watch it closely he camera pulls away because of the pass but as the defender that got knocked recovers and starts making his way towards the QB it looks like the center and right guard were both moving to re engage him,but the center was definitely standing there stomping his feet not doing anything.....I can't complain yet and and the blocking from what Ive seen so far seems improved from last years debacle.
 
# 8 davep @ 06/18/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastsofboston
I guarrenty you that is rookie or pro mode.
Rookie, pro, whatever...that was horrible.

Whoulda thunk a 3rd string QB could be so dominant?
 
# 9 KensaiKatai @ 06/18/10 02:44 PM
As i said in the other thread, the lack of collision detection on this run really disturbs me. No matter the difficulty, the animations should not result in players bouncing off of other players like that. Not in 2010. I don't like to be critical but there are far too many other games out there who are closer to their real life counterparts that we have a reasonable basis for comparative analysis at this point. This is NOT bashing.

They really have to do something about the canned animations because it's taking away from any sense of realism in the running game, or even while defending. At this point if we continue to placate the madden team then we will never see the results we want and i used to be one of their staunchest advocates. Christ, madden is my favorite game/franchise of all time and the FIRST game i ever owned! 2010 was a great leap forward from 2009 but this should have long since been the standard at this point, not the exception. 2011 looks as if priorities were entirely misplaced....forgive me for being presumptuous as I know none of this matters until we actually 'play' the game but my eyes don't like what they've seen thus far.

"There can be no progress without struggle." - Frederick Douglass
 
# 10 Millennium @ 06/18/10 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
WOW millenium... you close the thread that actually has a discussion going on and was posted 5 hours earlier for one that has a depth in it's discussion akin to that of a petri dish?!!?

I wonder if my title was "Tebow scores an awesome 60 TD", would it have been closed? Doubt it.
Impressive spin. Even spelled my name wrong.

The other thread wasn't closed for the discussion, it was closed because THE AUTHOR OF THE ACTUAL VIDEO POSTED A THREAD.

But please, spread your spin again so we can ban you properly.
 
# 11 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/18/10 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The other thread wasn't closed for the discussion, it was closed because THE AUTHOR OF THE ACTUAL VIDEO POSTED A THREAD.
Can you merge threads? If so, it might be useful to include the discussion from the other thread here...since it's the same video and all. Just makes sense to me.

And yes, if that is your idea of tackling, you do indeed suck. (For fear of retribution or other punishment-type action, I mean this jokingly...as in, haha...y'know?)
 
# 12 Shawnj86 @ 06/18/10 03:13 PM
This must be on rookie because that was too easy
 
# 13 TreyIM2 @ 06/18/10 03:20 PM
Funny how EA said NOTHING about improving collision detection, animations, getting rid of canned animations or even footsliding for this Madden but so many people are hootin' and hollerin' about these things as if they are supposed to be gone in Madden 11. THE ANIMATION ENGINE IS WHAT IT IS, RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! Get over it until they say they are going to overhaul it . If you don't like it, POOF-POW, be gone, stop complaining and don't buy the game as well as stay off the threads with the ridiculousness. I'm pretty sure that with the new physics engine in NHL/Elite 11 it will eventually make it over to Madden and NCAA.
 
# 14 Netherscourge @ 06/18/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Funny how EA said NOTHING about improving collision detection, animations, getting rid of canned animations or even footsliding for this Madden but so many people are hootin' and hollerin' about these things as if they are supposed to be gone in Madden 11. THE ANIMATION ENGINE IS WHAT IT IS, RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! Get over it until they say they are going to overhaul it . If you don't like it, POOF-POW, be gone, stop complaining and don't buy the game as well as stay off the threads with the ridiculousness. I'm pretty sure that with the new physics engine in NHL/Elite 11 it will eventually make it over to Madden and NCAA.

So why should anyone spend $59.99 on a game that won't be close to what most people want for another 2 or 3 years?
 
# 15 KensaiKatai @ 06/18/10 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Funny how EA said NOTHING about improving collision detection, animations, getting rid of canned animations or even footsliding for this Madden but so many people are hootin' and hollerin' about these things as if they are supposed to be gone in Madden 11. THE ANIMATION ENGINE IS WHAT IT IS, RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! Get over it until they say they are going to overhaul it . If you don't like it, POOF-POW, be gone, stop complaining and don't buy the game as well as stay off the threads with the ridiculousness. I'm pretty sure that with the new physics engine in NHL/Elite 11 it will eventually make it over to Madden and NCAA.
Actually no, that's EXACTLY what they told us they'd fix and not even for madden 11 in fact but madden 10.

Ian Cummings said in a promotional video that the tackling animations would not be CANNED. and that Pro-tak would add realistic physics, etc. etc.

I'm not in here complaining for my health, I hate to complain. but it is what it is. We as consumers are being mislead at this point, that in itself is a whole 'nother argument. I'd rather just stick to the game at hand. And considering how much I love the NFL buying another game isn't really an option for me...You should really try and get off your high horse.

I tried to explain i'm not trying to bash madden at all, just expressing my frustration, and this is the first year i've ever done so. So please refrain from the "go away, blah blah, etc." my opinion is just as entitled as yours.
 
# 16 Joey Sauce @ 06/18/10 03:37 PM
wow - that video just pretty much made me not want Madden this year..what the hell happened to realism and authenticity?
 
# 17 vicker316 @ 06/18/10 03:56 PM
Are people this picky? Really? I know the game has issues. I want a much better Franchise in Madden however people just seem so picky just to be picky. Go play football on the Atari 2600. Go play John Elways QB on the NES. People are expecting these huge unreal things that I bet gaming just can't do yet. I swear no one can be happy with a game anymore. There will always be people bashing anything they see or play. I bet most of you complaining will be in a store on Aug. 10th buying this. Is there issues with the game? Yes. Will there be issues in the next 5 years? Yes. Just enjoy the game. If you want real life football the way you want it. Go play it yourself lol. Better yet, if you want a better Madden game, go learn how to make the games and do it yourself.
 
# 18 Vast @ 06/18/10 04:16 PM
this is terrible. No QB has ever broken that many tackles. Just imagine what AP would do.

Im staying away from this game. Sheesh.
 
# 19 raiders81tim @ 06/18/10 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicker316
Are people this picky? Really? I know the game has issues. I want a much better Franchise in Madden however people just seem so picky just to be picky. Go play football on the Atari 2600. Go play John Elways QB on the NES. People are expecting these huge unreal things that I bet gaming just can't do yet. I swear no one can be happy with a game anymore. There will always be people bashing anything they see or play. I bet most of you complaining will be in a store on Aug. 10th buying this. Is there issues with the game? Yes. Will there be issues in the next 5 years? Yes. Just enjoy the game. If you want real life football the way you want it. Go play it yourself lol. Better yet, if you want a better Madden game, go learn how to make the games and do it yourself.
Everything we want has been done before. Just not in this generation of madden games. Which is sad.
 
# 20 Netherscourge @ 06/18/10 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicker316
Are people this picky? Really? I know the game has issues. I want a much better Franchise in Madden however people just seem so picky just to be picky. Go play football on the Atari 2600. Go play John Elways QB on the NES. People are expecting these huge unreal things that I bet gaming just can't do yet. I swear no one can be happy with a game anymore. There will always be people bashing anything they see or play. I bet most of you complaining will be in a store on Aug. 10th buying this. Is there issues with the game? Yes. Will there be issues in the next 5 years? Yes. Just enjoy the game. If you want real life football the way you want it. Go play it yourself lol. Better yet, if you want a better Madden game, go learn how to make the games and do it yourself.

Yea - we want huge, unreal things - that were done 6 years ago by another company and THIS year by an independent, small-budget company.


Yea - we're crazy to want this stuff...
 

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.