Home
EA Sports MMA News Post



EA Sports MMA Gameplay footage from the E3 Floor. Player introductions, knock downs and post game celebration.

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to our Youtube page.

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TreyIM2 @ 06/17/10 10:24 AM
This game is looking really, really good. VERY organic movements. I am impressed, to say the least, and it's still early!! I might get this one.
 
# 2 DaveDQ @ 06/17/10 11:34 AM
The commentary sure does add some excitement...the comments about his championship being in jeopardy were great.

If you notice, they do incorporate Fight Night physics like they said. The knockdown animations can be interrupted by another blow to the head, something Fight Night does well. Very nice.
 
# 3 AntRWill @ 06/17/10 03:50 PM
I wasn't impressed, the gameplay seemed slow and really didnt really capture the speed and intensity of MMA.
 
# 4 delspf @ 06/17/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Just noticed that there's also a lot of bars at the top there: Head, Torso, Legs, Stamina. I'm curious exactly how they all work and exactly what it leads to when they empty.
From what I seen limbs have energy themselves they can only take so much damage in a short period.

You can see it in the fedor vs randy video when randy is in mouth hammerfisting fedor with clean shots.

This game is going to crap all over THQ/Yukes
 
# 5 sb24 @ 06/17/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delspf
From what I seen limbs have energy themselves they can only take so much damage in a short period.

You can see it in the fedor vs randy video when randy is in mouth hammerfisting fedor with clean shots.

This game is going to crap all over THQ/Yukes
Everytime I see your name posting I can guess what it will say.....

Ufc game sucks and the EA MMA game will be great (something along those lines)
 
# 6 DavonBrown @ 06/17/10 05:28 PM
Looked good. I like how he was rocked even though his head health was full.
 
# 7 DubTrey1 @ 06/17/10 06:00 PM
IMO, it looks like a poor mans UFC at this point. I heard repetitive commentary "punches in bunches" as well - None the less, EA has done a great job in the FN series. I can only hope this one tightens up prior to release since it does seem they are on the right track with this one.
 
# 8 myownsun @ 06/17/10 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
This game is looking really, really good. VERY organic movements. I am impressed, to say the least, and it's still early!! I might get this one.
Agreed!
 
# 9 The Yurpman @ 06/17/10 07:13 PM
Looks pretty good but I can't get over the movement of the fighters. It seems like they are "floating" around at a pretty fast speed. Rarely will fighters move as fast as the guys are moving in this video. If they change the "ring speed" (for lack of better term) to make it more like FN, I think that would improve the overall experience.
 
# 10 JkA3 @ 06/17/10 07:22 PM
i expected something different that plain old boring UFC.
 
# 11 TreyIM2 @ 06/17/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRWill
I wasn't impressed, the gameplay seemed slow and really didnt really capture the speed and intensity of MMA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
Looks pretty good but I can't get over the movement of the fighters. It seems like they are "floating" around at a pretty fast speed. Rarely will fighters move as fast as the guys are moving in this video. If they change the "ring speed" (for lack of better term) to make it more like FN, I think that would improve the overall experience.
Funny how people have different opinions based on whatever perspective. Personally, I think it did move a bit quick when guys were on the ground but the transitions were so smooth I overlooked it
 
# 12 MrSimCity @ 06/18/10 02:07 AM
I had a little bit more footage, but tried putting in only the best stuff. I know it might not LOOK the greatest, but it is pretty fun to play. Hopefully some of those things like the "floating" around is toned down in the final build.

Overall first impressions for me was that it's simple and easy to pick up and play, but still has some good depth and variety.
 
# 13 ManiacMatt1782 @ 06/20/10 04:47 PM
im disapponted in the ground and pound even how fights end from it, it goes to this cutscene and you just don't ever feel like it was a position were the fight should be stopped the guy on bottom never looks hurt. striking in general looks bad, but the transition game looks nice. in the 1 submission video you never see the sub actually lock and you see the fight just end and you hve this puzzled what look on your face. i want this game to be good but it has several things to fix. although it looks better than what i expected from ea. negatives aside, its on my radar, i want the game to be good, competition breeds more quality for us gamers.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.