Home
News Post

Which do you feel is the biggest news story? Michael Jordan on the NBA 2K11 cover or EA's NBA Live to NBA Elite name change?

For those voting on the homepage, the poll is on the right.

Member Comments
# 1 z Revis @ 06/02/10 03:14 PM
MJ easily.
 
# 2 Evan_OS @ 06/02/10 03:18 PM
Spoiler
 
# 3 trobinson97 @ 06/02/10 03:18 PM
Wow! MJ is gonna be on the cover of 2K11?!?!?!?!
 
# 4 Skyboxer @ 06/02/10 03:29 PM
EA changing a name of a game of thiers isn't close to being a surprise...
 
# 5 Bolt957 @ 06/02/10 04:10 PM
Wow, a name change from "Live" to "Elite" is nothing compared to MJ on 2K11 cover. Thats like saying superstars of today are better than MJ.
 
# 6 noshun @ 06/02/10 04:14 PM
Why is NBA Elite 11 even a option in the poll? Its in an even bigger shadow now.
 
# 7 raidersbball20 @ 06/02/10 04:20 PM
MJ, 2k11 is gonna sell so good now with people just wanting to play as MJ
 
# 8 Tengo Juego @ 06/02/10 04:24 PM
I'm excited to see and hear more about both. But it's MICHAEL JORDAN! Greatest athlete I've ever witnessed play!
 
# 9 Eski33 @ 06/02/10 05:00 PM
I think EA re-branding and, per what I have read, giving the series a major gameplay overhaul.

I have no issues with Jordan but adding him to the game doesn't do much for me unless 2K makes some upgrades of its own.
 
# 10 JohnDoh @ 06/02/10 05:06 PM
I have been a HUGE MJ fan all of my life but it is laughable for anyone to say a new face on the cover of a game jacket is bigger news than a game that is completely changing the way a game is played by instituting real-time physics into the gameplay mechanics. Sure - the first crack at this will have problems but it is still way bigger news than sticking a new face on a game cover.

It is, however, what I expected from the fanboys of the NBA 2K series... objectivity is never a consideration. Flame on!
 
# 11 mgovick @ 06/02/10 05:11 PM
MJ easily. Not so much because its Mj, but because EA repackaging its product is nothing new. The whole "overhaul" will leave many wanting more. It will take 3+ years for their overhaul to be anything worthwhile
 
# 12 DaReapa @ 06/02/10 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I think EA re-branding and, per what I have read, giving the series a major gameplay overhaul.

I have no issues with Jordan but adding him to the game doesn't do much for me unless 2K makes some upgrades of its own.
I agree 100% with the second half of your statement. Personally for me, they can put every great known to man on the cover of 2K11, but if there are no improvements to the gameplay issues that plagued the last two games in the series, then its nothing more than a glorified cover. Nonetheless, impact-wise, sales for the game will skyrocket just because of Jordan's presence in the game - regardless of quality.
 
# 13 trobinson97 @ 06/02/10 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
I have been a HUGE MJ fan all of my life but it is laughable for anyone to say a new face on the cover of a game jacket is bigger news than a game that is completely changing the way a game is played by instituting real-time physics into the gameplay mechanics. Sure - the first crack at this will have problems but it is still way bigger news than sticking a new face on a game cover.

It is, however, what I expected from the fanboys of the NBA 2K series... objectivity is never a consideration. Flame on!

I know you probably couldn't wait to call people fanboys, but did you actually read the title of the poll? Allow this fanboy to help you out, it asked which is bigger, the 2K11 cover or the NBA Live name change. Do you see anything about real time physics and game mechanics in that title or does it say the name change? Now what do you say?

MJ on the cover is huge to me, because when I read it I automatically assumed we'd be able to play with him this year as well, which is bigger to me than Live's name change. Having not followed the latest news on either, thanks for the bit about EA changing the gameplay, I'll go read up on that.
 
# 14 EvanRG @ 06/02/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
I have been a HUGE MJ fan all of my life but it is laughable for anyone to say a new face on the cover of a game jacket is bigger news than a game that is completely changing the way a game is played by instituting real-time physics into the gameplay mechanics. Sure - the first crack at this will have problems but it is still way bigger news than sticking a new face on a game cover.

It is, however, what I expected from the fanboys of the NBA 2K series... objectivity is never a consideration. Flame on!
Ironically, you come across as an EA fan boy for turning this into a 2k vs EA thing. It really is simple: which is the bigger story? Not, which is the better game?

I also don't see the tact in saying that anyone who chose the MJ option, did so purely on the basis of disliking EA... and even if they did, what is so wrong about supporting a game that has had considerable results the past three years compared to an NBA LIVE game that reduced it's overall sales numbers this year.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a "peeing" match.

The NBA Live story is more interesting to me just because of how it plays into the whole Mike Wang situation.
 
# 15 Eski33 @ 06/02/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
I agree 100% with the second half of your statement. Personally for me, they can put every great known to man on the cover of 2K11, but if there are no improvements to the gameplay issues that plagued the last two games in the series, then its nothing more than a glorified cover. Nonetheless, impact-wise, sales for the game will skyrocket just because of Jordan's presence in the game - regardless of quality.
What would sell me on 2K is if they added more players from Jordan's era. How about some of the great teams from those days like the Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, Suns, Bulls, Jazz, Hawks (with Nique and Spud), Blazers, etc. That would be awesome to go back and play with those teams....However, if it is just Jordan than what is the point?
 
# 16 SouthernBrick @ 06/02/10 05:27 PM
MJ on the cover.

EA changing a name from NBA Live to NBA Elite is not really surprising or a bigger story.

And the name sucks, they should have stuck with live. I mean really they couldn't come up with something better than that?
 
# 17 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/02/10 05:27 PM
Well very surprise that MJ made the cover. I thought only current star players made the cover. This a fist. But congrats to MJ.
 
# 18 Jukeman @ 06/02/10 05:29 PM
Let see....Lakers vs Celtics...Bulls vs Blazers...NBA Showdown...NBA Live...NBA Elite

Or

Jordan on a cover on a Game...This the same dude who rarely ever been playable in video games...Jordan on a front cover of a video game (or any product) is a BIGGer than french toast...

Just let messiahmatt do some commercials
 
# 19 Eski33 @ 06/02/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
What would sell me on 2K is if they added more players from Jordan's era. How about some of the great teams from those days like the Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, Suns, Bulls, Jazz, Hawks (with Nique and Spud), Blazers, etc. That would be awesome to go back and play with those teams....However, if it is just Jordan than what is the point?
Let me add that if it is only Jordan, we can already create him in the game. Just because the developers are doing it for us, again, does little to spark interest (assuming he is the only player from his era brought back).
 
# 20 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/02/10 05:32 PM
Who cares about a name change? MJ is on the cover!!!

Actually what will be interesting is how each game will turn out. New physics with Live and Wang back with 2k. That should be the poll question.

1. Real Time Physics
2. Wang back with 2k
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.