Home
Backbreaker News Post


Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 50 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 canes21 @ 04/28/10 09:54 PM
Nice, haven't watched it yet, but wanted the first post. Will edit soon...
 
# 2 canes21 @ 04/28/10 09:56 PM
Or will I? So many little details I noticed. Strap colors is one for example. This game looks way too good. I can't wait. Once the awesomeness wares down I'll be able to post a better review of the video lol.

There were so many nice additions that are genius. Like the outline options, the ability to make something invisible, etc.

The one thing I didn't like was the lack of what could be customized. It was still very detailed, but when it came to the torso, it looked like we'll be stuck with the sides being one color and the sleeves having 2 colors.
 
# 3 23 @ 04/28/10 09:59 PM
Why cant all sports games go this far with editing

This is like some photoshop stuff
 
# 4 jdr4693 @ 04/28/10 10:00 PM
This will keep people busy for a very long time. Making end zones will be fun also
 
# 5 radatdude2 @ 04/28/10 10:06 PM
thanks for the post that is so sick how much you can customize !!! the overall look of the game is great and if the game play performs up to par it will be great times. I can tell i will be spending a lot of time creating teams looks fun. I just hope they have the option to share. I have both xbox and ps3 so im sure if its possible we're more likely to see it on the ps3.
 
# 6 DirtyJerz32 @ 04/28/10 10:07 PM
OK, that was sick
 
# 7 Bellsprout @ 04/28/10 10:07 PM
Okay, that's pretty badass.

Looks like a ****load of work to recreate the NFL, though.
 
# 8 23 @ 04/28/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Okay, that's pretty badass.

Looks like a ****load of work to recreate the NFL, though.
but you know someone will in the first week
 
# 9 radatdude2 @ 04/28/10 10:12 PM
the depth of the editor tool kit is worth the price of admission alone. For 44.99 how can one resist this game.
 
# 10 canes21 @ 04/28/10 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Okay, that's pretty badass.

Looks like a ****load of work to recreate the NFL, though.
Who says we need the NFL. I can't wait to play in the fictional league, and maybe my own twist to it with 10-15 of my own teams. Maybe 32 of my own teams when I get bored.

Still, someone will probably have made it within a month and by then we'll have the ability to share 360 files through a program on the PC, like the transfer kit or something.
 
# 11 JayBee74 @ 04/28/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Who says we need the NFL. I can't wait to play in the fictional league, and maybe my own twist to it with 10-15 of my own teams. Maybe 32 of my own teams when I get bored.

Still, someone will probably have made it within a month and by then we'll have the ability to share 360 files through a program on the PC, like the transfer kit or something.
Exactly Cane-who needs the NFL in a video football game, with this great customization tool? I'm going to start small with an 8 team season, all created teams.
 
# 12 canes21 @ 04/28/10 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Exactly Cane-who needs the NFL in a video football game, with this great customization tool? I'm going to start small with an 8 team season, all created teams.
Just gave me a great idea. Start small with 8 teams, then add expansion teams to it with updated rosters along with it. Hopefully we can export franchise teams so I can take the original 8 teams and export their teams and just add 8 more, and so on.
 
# 13 xylocaine @ 04/28/10 10:37 PM
This game looks so close to All Pro 2K8 in alot of ways and that in my opinion is a very good thing
 
# 14 radatdude2 @ 04/28/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
This game looks so close to All Pro 2K8 in alot of ways and that in my opinion is a very good thing

Its does but 2k8 was limited in the creation department with creating logos, end zone designs, and editing players but very similar and much improved. Out right impressive.
 
# 15 jdr4693 @ 04/28/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
This game looks so close to All Pro 2K8 in alot of ways and that in my opinion is a very good thing
This game blows APF 2k8 out of the water in terms of customization. With the customization in Backbreaker, you can create absolute replica NFL, NCAA teams if you wanted to. In APF 2k8 you where not allowed to create your own teams from scratch and customization was very limited. Also this game has the Euphoria engine, while APF 2k8 had canned animations...
 
# 16 Perfect Zero @ 04/28/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
Its does but 2k8 was limited in the creation department with creating logos, end zone designs, and editing players but very similar and much improved. Out right impressive.
Yeah, but it looks like in this game that you won't be able to change numeral numbers or stripes. If they could get some of those small details down, it would be great, but you can tell that they are limited by the player models.

Still, this is groundbreaking for a sports game (and really is like Forza on the customization of the logo). I've been on the fence about this one, but now I might just think about it.
 
# 17 radatdude2 @ 04/28/10 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Yeah, but it looks like in this game that you won't be able to change numeral numbers or stripes. If they could get some of those small details down, it would be great, but you can tell that they are limited by the player models.

Still, this is groundbreaking for a sports game (and really is like Forza on the customization of the logo). I've been on the fence about this one, but now I might just think about it.
if you pause the video at the torso tab they show some number options as well as some option for the side of jersey looks to be some sort of stripe!

at the end the video when the team is entering the stadium looks like we have camera options to view the entrance from different camera angles using the LT button! that should be cool
 
# 18 24 @ 04/28/10 11:12 PM
ill spend hours customizing different teams.
 
# 19 LeonM @ 04/28/10 11:16 PM
This is just amazing. No football game has ever had this level of customization. The menus look great. Even the interaction between players in the game menu is awesome.
 
# 20 mgoblue678 @ 04/28/10 11:16 PM
Leaning towards buying it day one after that video. Backbreaker and NCAA look like they might both turn out to very good, that would great to have two quality football games to play. The only problem would be finding enough time to play both, can't say that is a bad thing though.

Looks like this may be a great year for football video games fans.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.