Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

It all started with Smashman hearing Gus Johnson in the Drew Brees announcement trailer. Then even more heads started to turn with him involved in the recent Madden NFL 11 exclusive debut trailer.

Check out the details from Gamestop on the PSP version of Madden NFL 11. Surely this can't be just a PSP exclusive, right? Big thanks to @esilk5 for the keen eyes.

This probably all but seals it.

Update: Gamestop removed the Gus Johnson text, but we still have it here, if you missed it.

Quote:
"Exciting New Commentary—Gus Johnson, one of the most electrifying play-by-play commentators in sports, joins Cris Collinsworth in the booth, bringing a whole new level of excitement on every play."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Danimal @ 04/23/10 10:30 AM
See the Gamespot video thread you can hear him in the background on the gameplay clips. Cat is out of the bag
 
# 2 djordan @ 04/23/10 10:37 AM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO... You can hear the excitement on some of the plays.
 
# 3 Steve_OS @ 04/23/10 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
See the Gamespot video thread you can hear him in the background on the gameplay clips. Cat is out of the bag
Thanks, just updated Danimal.
 
# 4 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/23/10 11:01 AM
Amazing, he is so damn good.

By the way..this is REAL Gus Johnson audio over the top of Madden 10 Footage.
 
# 5 Exonerated @ 04/23/10 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Amazing, he is so damn good.

WTF!? Is that real madden footage+audio. Or is it real life audio interspliced with Madden footage.

If thats real. Then omg. That is ridiculously amazing.
 
# 6 Danimal @ 04/23/10 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that is real audio laid over a Madden 10 clip.
 
# 7 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/23/10 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I'm pretty sure that is real audio laid over a Madden 10 clip.
Correct. It's gonna be awesome this year though!
 
# 8 mm boost @ 04/23/10 11:18 AM
This is getting better and better each week. The animation of Brees pumping up his team mates at the beginning was phenomenal!!! Words can't describe. And the audio is clear and the emotion is there!
 
# 9 Danimal @ 04/23/10 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Correct. It's gonna be awesome this year though!
You might want to edit your post and put that in there to avoid confusion.
 
# 10 djordan @ 04/23/10 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
WTF!? Is that real madden footage+audio. Or is it real life audio interspliced with Madden footage.

If thats real. Then omg. That is ridiculously amazing.
LOL...thats not from madden dude
 
# 11 Tengo Juego @ 04/23/10 11:24 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...o/6259819?hd=1

Excellent clips of gameplay. Obviously on Pro difficulty, though.
 
# 12 Blazelore @ 04/23/10 11:24 AM
If you watched the Cover athelte blog with Brees he says they went into the studio to record his game chant. It even shows him in the booth doing it so I do believe thats actually in the game.
 
# 13 bhurst99 @ 04/23/10 11:27 AM
Gus Johnson as the play-by-play man will make the game so much more fun.
 
# 14 TracerBullet @ 04/23/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...o/6259819?hd=1

Excellent clips of gameplay. Obviously on Pro difficulty, though.
Gus is in. You can hear him on the Bush run, the Pierre Thomas run, and on the deep throw in the video. Also it sounds as though the crowd gets louder on the Bush TD run as he breaks away towards the end of the video.

That mid-air collision is so much better than last year.
 
# 15 BlueNGold @ 04/23/10 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
When I think of Gus johnson I think of Strikeforce...
Lol that should be the last thing you think of when you think about Gus Johnson. He's not that great over there because he's just learning the sport of MMA. Guy is easily the best commentator in football and college basketball.
 
# 16 BlueNGold @ 04/23/10 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
When I think of Gus johnson I think of Strikeforce...
Lol that should be the last thing you think of when you think about Gus Johnson. He's not that great over there because he's just learning the sport of MMA. Guy is easily the best commentator in football and college basketball.

This is a post I made in the 1st video blog thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
On the topic of a new play by play guy, I present to you....Gus Johnson.



I hope the Chris Johnson line made it into the game.
 
# 17 Klocker @ 04/23/10 12:50 PM
great great news!
 
# 18 Checmate101 @ 04/23/10 12:57 PM
Love Gus Johnson is in it....hope he brings that same excitment to Madden 11..even though he did it for the basketball game.
 
# 19 Checmate101 @ 04/23/10 01:04 PM
Hope this line makes it in from this Chris Johnson run "He's got getting away from the Cops speed"

 
# 20 SouthernBrick @ 04/23/10 01:08 PM






God I hope this is true.

He sounds like the guy who might of done the Brandon Stokley catch in the last seconds of the Broncos vs Bengals but, I'm not sure though.

Yep guess that was him.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.