Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post


ESPN Videogames has posted an interview with Drew Brees, cover athlete for Madden NFL 11. Nice nuggets of information in here, including GameFlow and Game Plan features.

Quote:
Jon: "They added your pre-game ritual of pumping up the team before the game in "Madden 11." When did you realize that this chant had become an iconic NFL moment?"

Drew: "When that started, it was just for us, it was for our team. I don't think we ever even fathomed how many people would take notice or take interest in what we were doing. But no matter where I am, the number one question I got this offseason was, "What do you say in that huddle?" People tell me that it hypes them up because we're getting hyped up, whether they're watching from the stands or TV. It's wild.

So then the night of our Super Bowl parade, I went with some of the offensive linemen and some of the guys for a last hurrah to celebrate the season. Everybody was like, "Hey, you gotta do the chant! Do the chant!" And all of our guys were like, "Yeah, do the chant!" So I went ahead and divulged what we said. I figured it was appropriate because the spot where we were was a really popular place among Saints fans, and this was a way to bring our fans in to what we were doing. Obviously, they are such a big part of our success, so we were just sharing that time with the fans and letting them in on what we actually chant before the game. They deserved to hear it."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ZoneKIller @ 04/22/10 03:36 PM
Thanks Steve,Ill watch it now
 
# 2 Nadal @ 04/22/10 03:39 PM
Thanks.

Damn, the ball is huge.

Other than that, the model looks pretty damn good - and the cover is probably the best yet.
 
# 3 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/22/10 03:40 PM
Again I'm a Panther fan and I can't stand the saint's one bit. But I do respect Brees. I'm glad for Brees been on madden 11 cover this year. Congrats to him and also him getting his pregame sig. move with the team put into the game this year. Thanks Steve.
 
# 4 ch46647 @ 04/22/10 03:41 PM
Looks like they may be adding a ton of new cut-scenes this year. Thats good because I swear I saw the same 15 cut-scenes play over and over last year.
 
# 5 ZoneKIller @ 04/22/10 03:41 PM
Quote:
The fact that there are so many new features in the game like the GameFlow, where you choose to run and execute the plays that your coach is calling.
Sounds like Superstar mode
 
# 6 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/22/10 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal
Thanks.

Damn, the ball is huge.

Other than that, the model looks pretty damn good - and the cover is probably the best yet.
Yea I just saw that. I wish they would just down size it a little bit. Looks so unreal.
 
# 7 DirtyJerz32 @ 04/22/10 03:44 PM
Jon Robinson: There are a lot of scenes in "Madden NFL 11" where they show you without your helmet. They have a cut scene of you walking around the locker room before the game and throwing passes on the sidelines where you see your face and hair. What do you think of the new look?

Drew Brees: It's interesting because I went through the facial scan and all that stuff, and then seeing the game and going, wow, that looks like me in a digital, animated kind of way. The fact that there are so many new features in the game like the GameFlow, where you choose to run and execute the plays that your coach is calling. There's also this Game Plan feature where you go in beforehand and you can put together your list of plays for the season or for a certain game. C'mon, that's awesome. That's as close to being in the real-live action as you can.

This is interesting. It's like the O & D cord is calling the plays. I hope it works well. I hated using "ask Madden" feature that would have you punting on 4 & 3 on your opponents 40 yd line. Good stuff so far.
 
# 8 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/22/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Sounds like Superstar mode
I think they had caoch mode in madden 10 if I ain't misteakin. But if it is a new mode then I will pass. I wheather play then stand on the sidelines been a coach. Sounds boring to me.
 
# 9 rsoxguy12 @ 04/22/10 03:46 PM
Nice interview. You gotta respect Brees.
 
# 10 TreyIM2 @ 04/22/10 03:47 PM
OOHH, JUNK!! I wasn't even going to read the article until I saw " Nice nuggets of information in here.
" in Steve's post.

I am STIRRED over this one:

"The fact that there are so many new features in the game like the GameFlow, where you choose to run and execute the plays that your coach is calling. There's also this Game Plan feature where you go in beforehand and you can put together your list of plays for the season or for a certain game"

GAMEPLANNING FROM NCAA 10 that's ENHANCED??? ME LIKEE!!

I am really trying not to get over amped about Madden 11 or, even, NCAA 11 but DAMN! Sounds like A LOT is getting into BOTH games, this time around! I really hope Ian was able to get in the atmosphere, stadium audio he wanted in Madden 10 but it almost doesn't sound like it based on what Brees said:

But there are some things Brees loves about the real NFL that he thinks can never be captured in virtual form.



"I think the atmosphere of a game, where you step out on the field and you hear the crowd noise is really special," Brees says. "Then when you throw a touchdown and run into that end zone and jump on a teammate ... that interaction and that atmosphere is obviously something where you have to be there to feel."

Maybe there is no comparison to what he feels as a player and what we, in the stands, hear. I know that NBA Live 10 is EFFIN' AMAZING in the audio department. I feel like I'm RIGHT in an NBA arena when I play AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A HOME THEATER SURROND SOUND HOOKED UP! I think that is pretty bananas so I hope that Ian was able to capture more of the essence of being in an NFL stadium, this time.
 
# 11 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/22/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Jon Robinson: There are a lot of scenes in "Madden NFL 11" where they show you without your helmet. They have a cut scene of you walking around the locker room before the game and throwing passes on the sidelines where you see your face and hair. What do you think of the new look?

Drew Brees: It's interesting because I went through the facial scan and all that stuff, and then seeing the game and going, wow, that looks like me in a digital, animated kind of way. The fact that there are so many new features in the game like the GameFlow, where you choose to run and execute the plays that your coach is calling. There's also this Game Plan feature where you go in beforehand and you can put together your list of plays for the season or for a certain game. C'mon, that's awesome. That's as close to being in the real-live action as you can.

This is interesting. It's like the O & D cord is calling the plays. I hope it works well. I hated using "ask Madden" feature that would have you punting on 4 & 3 on your opponents 40 yd line. Good stuff so far.
Sounds very interesting bro. Thanks for the info.
 
# 12 ch46647 @ 04/22/10 03:50 PM
He is reffering to the difference between playing a videogame and being a player in a REAL NFL game. No matter how great Madden made the atmosphere it could never compare to being a real NFL player.

With that said I am really hoping they made HUGE adjustments to the crowd and on-field audio as well. According to the small feature list put out with the cover release it looks like audio was a big focus for them this year. Couple that with the new audio guy they hired and I am expecting very big things in the audio department..
 
# 13 TreyIM2 @ 04/22/10 03:53 PM
Oh, and as much as I DIDN'T want the Saints to win the Bowl, let alone even make it there (not to mention, they beat my BEASTLY 15-1 Jets in the Bowl in Madden 10 in a replay of my 1st franchise season. WTF??) , I like Brees and hope he doesn't get caught by the Madden curse. Lol, but I'm not joking. He's a good guy and I wish him the best...except if my Jets meet them in the Bowl in real life, this season. Ha.
 
# 14 TreyIM2 @ 04/22/10 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
He is reffering to the difference between playing a videogame and being a player in a REAL NFL game. No matter how great Madden made the atmosphere it could never compare to being a real NFL player.

With that said I am really hoping they made HUGE adjustments to the crowd and on-field audio as well. According to the small feature list put out with the cover release it looks like audio was a big focus for them this year. Couple that with the new audio guy they hired and I am expecting very big things in the audio department..
Ahh! Good catch. I'm getting further amped.
 
# 15 BlueNGold @ 04/22/10 03:57 PM
Wow. This game is sounding great.

I like how the GamePlan feature ties into Franchise mode where you get to choose your plays for the season. I wonder if it will also tie into Franchise where depending on the coaches and coordinators you hire changes the plays they suggest.

We need more detailed info on this GamePlan/GameFlow stuff. I'm intrigued now.
 
# 16 Pacman83 @ 04/22/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Wow. This game is sounding great.

I like how the GamePlan feature ties into Franchise mode where you get to choose your plays for the season. I wonder if it will also tie into Franchise where depending on the coaches and coordinators you hire changes the plays they suggest.

We need more detailed info on this GamePlan/GameFlow stuff. I'm intrigued now.
Most important part of franchise IMO game planning (that and the draft) with Josh doing franchise and this new game planning thingy, there's some confidence. Hope it applies to newly hired coordinators. and that the draft is more important, i mean i'm watching NFL network right now, and the draft and free agency are the most important parts during the other 8 months of the year.

BTW, i'm liking the new team, and new direction...big changes the last 2 years...and i think the new atmosphere will be pretty hot! Especially with rivalry games, so we'll see.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.