Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

MMAjunkie has posted some updates to the EA Sports MMA roster.

Quote:
"The trio includes DREAM fighters Joachim Hansen and Josh Barnett, as well as current UFC fighter Vladimir Matyushenko.

The inclusion of Matyushenko is likely to raise some eyebrows since UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) this past summer that aside from UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture, who negotiated his EA Sports deal while in a contract dispute that no fighters will be signed to the UFC if they appear in the game. However, White seemed to relax the rule in 2009 when Frank Trigg re-signed with the company. Like Trigg, Matyushenko, who was previously under contract to an outside promotion (the now-defunct Affliction Entertainment), signed with EA Sports when he wasn't under contract to the UFC."

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/23/10 10:09 AM
Nice. I can beat up on Barnett now. Hansen should be a ton of fun to use. Hopefully they keep the names coming.
 
# 2 jb12780 @ 03/23/10 10:17 AM
Barnett's strength rating at 100?
 
# 3 aholbert32 @ 03/23/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Nice. I can beat up on Barnett now. Hansen should be a ton of fun to use. Hopefully they keep the names coming.
Arent they almost out of named fighters? The only major unsigned fighters I can think of are Herschel Walker, Overeem and Eddie Alverez.
 
# 4 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/23/10 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Arent they almost out of named fighters? The only major unsigned fighters I can think of are Herschel Walker, Overeem and Eddie Alverez.
There's still a lot of guys out there that they can add to fill out their roster. It really just depends on how many people EA feels like paying.

Mark Hunt
Krazy Horse
Sokoudjou
Aleksander Emelianenko
Kid Yamamoto

I'd enjoy using all of these guys. They could also put in legends like Sakaraba, Bas Rutten, etc. There's also a huge pool of guys who have made it to UFC at one time and have a bit of name recognition. A dude like David Louisaeu would be a blast to use for me. I don't feel like every signing has to be a major name personally.
 
# 5 Stumbleweed @ 03/23/10 11:30 AM
They have Minowaman already, right? If so, they need a bunch of random giants so I can heelhook the crap out of them.

Haha, that guy rules.. I love Schiavello's man-crush on him too.
 
# 6 aholbert32 @ 03/23/10 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
They have Minowaman already, right? If so, they need a bunch of random giants so I can heelhook the crap out of them.

Haha, that guy rules.. I love Schiavello's man-crush on him too.

I love watching him call Minowaman's fights.
 
# 7 allBthere @ 03/23/10 01:54 PM
I'm surprised knowing that EA has different promotions that THQ didn't take advantage of having WEC and the fighters there like Faber Cerrone Aldo etc...

anyway, the names are good, but that isn't a battle they can even come close to...this game to me is all about how good they can make the gameplay and IF they can resist gameplay 'gimmicks' that make it too segmented and mechanical - things like counter window could easily ruin it for me. It changes it from I'm in a fight, to, ok now i've entered the counter window mechanic - it just needs to flow and make the whole thing with all aspects of mma fluid.

I think though, that they will have dumb things like that because of the arrogance. "we're teaching MMA to the world who are largely idiots" - that mind frame is what can kill their game.

If it's smooth with no gimmicks with addicting and deep career mode it will be a winner.
 
# 8 allBthere @ 03/23/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
There's still a lot of guys out there that they can add to fill out their roster. It really just depends on how many people EA feels like paying.

Mark Hunt
Krazy Horse
Sokoudjou
Aleksander Emelianenko
Kid Yamamoto

I'd enjoy using all of these guys. They could also put in legends like Sakaraba, Bas Rutten, etc. There's also a huge pool of guys who have made it to UFC at one time and have a bit of name recognition. A dude like David Louisaeu would be a blast to use for me. I don't feel like every signing has to be a major name personally.
older ones could be cool...Keith Hackney, Pat Smith, Kimo, Tank Abbott, Pedro Rizzo*, Dave? Williams (first headkick KO in ufc against coleman).
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.