Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 64 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jesse2444 @ 03/18/10 10:06 AM

Looks good, but do I have to restart my franchise for the changes to go into effect? I assumed yes, but one of the details of the patch dealt with the batting stances for edit with Longoria and Barmes and those are now available within my franchise. So does that mean the patch fixed everything within the franchise and I don't need to start over?
 
# 2 texbuk84 @ 03/18/10 10:06 AM
Well I always sim my first yr and here are some of the trades that went down( what you think).

Cards get
Brandon Webb(expiring contract), Omar Canon( highly touted 3rd baseman from dbacks system)

Dbacks get
Albert Pujols(expiring contract)

Reds get
Cliff Lee(expiring contract)

Mariners get
Jonny Gomes
Herberto Quinones(tp pro)
Daniel Harreia( tp pro)

Mets get
Ryan dempster
Eude Carodona

Cubs get
Jose Reyes(expiring contract)
Bobby Purnell


I've notice alot of guys being moved who have expiring contracts and teams recieving alot of great quality prospects in return( this logic makes sense to me). I remember when the mets traded scott kazmir to the rays for victor zambrono( a wash) and look at Kazmir now( he's one of the premiere pitchers in this lg) I know the mets wish they wouldn't have done this stupid deal. lol

Trade waivers are working properly, no longer can I just claim any person off waivers without compensation or them pulling them back.

so far so good will keep u posted!!!
 
# 3 Woodweaver @ 03/18/10 10:06 AM
It appears that the error on a ball 4 in the dirt and the ball markers always being on with Auto Fielding have been fixed!
 
# 4 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/18/10 10:09 AM
Huh.

i fired up the game this morning, and didnt get a prompt to download patch
 
# 5 callmetaternuts @ 03/18/10 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
Well I always sim my first yr and here are some of the trades that went down( what you think).

Cards get
Brandon Webb(expiring contract), Omar Canon( highly touted 3rd baseman from dbacks system)

Dbacks get
Albert Pujols(expiring contract)

Reds get
Cliff Lee(expiring contract)

Mariners get
Jonny Gomes
Herberto Quinones(tp pro)
Daniel Harreia( tp pro)

Mets get
Ryan dempster
Eude Carodona

Cubs get
Jose Reyes(expiring contract)
Bobby Purnell


I've notice alot of guys being moved who have expiring contracts and teams recieving alot of great quality prospects in return( this logic makes sense to me). I remember when the mets traded scott kazmir to the rays for victor zambrono( a wash) and look at Kazmir now( he's one of the premiere pitchers in this lg) I know the mets wish they wouldn't have done this stupid deal. lol

Trade waivers are working properly, no longer can I just claim any person off waivers without compensation or them pulling them back.

so far so good will keep u posted!!!
I'm not thrilled with the fact that guys like Pujols get traded. I see your point that top players (Lee, Halladay etc) do get traded from time to time, but seems weird for the top guy (or at least top 3) to get moved.

Glad to hear trade waivers works.

Can anyone try a game in the Trop to see if thats fixed?
 
# 6 The Yurpman @ 03/18/10 10:10 AM
I'm also interested in whether or not we have to restart our franchises for these patch effects to take place.
 
# 7 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
I'm also interested in whether or not we have to restart our franchises for these patch effects to take place.
It's been said no. Continue on.
 
# 8 Skyboxer @ 03/18/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
It appears that the error on a ball 4 in the dirt and the ball markers always being on with Auto Fielding have been fixed!
AWESOME!

As for the "trades issue"... if having 100% "realistic" accurate trades are for you just set up your franchise to handle it that way. I look at it as my fantasy world... so if something happens that "MIGHT" not happen in real world so be it.
In any case you can set up the franchise to mimic exactly what the rel MLB does so thumbs up SCEA!
 
# 9 Polo Bandit @ 03/18/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
Well I always sim my first yr and here are some of the trades that went down( what you think).

Cards get
Brandon Webb(expiring contract), Omar Canon( highly touted 3rd baseman from dbacks system)

Dbacks get
Albert Pujols(expiring contract)

Reds get
Cliff Lee(expiring contract)

Mariners get
Jonny Gomes
Herberto Quinones(tp pro)
Daniel Harreia( tp pro)

Mets get
Ryan dempster
Eude Carodona

Cubs get
Jose Reyes(expiring contract)
Bobby Purnell


I've notice alot of guys being moved who have expiring contracts and teams recieving alot of great quality prospects in return( this logic makes sense to me). I remember when the mets traded scott kazmir to the rays for victor zambrono( a wash) and look at Kazmir now( he's one of the premiere pitchers in this lg) I know the mets wish they wouldn't have done this stupid deal. lol

Trade waivers are working properly, no longer can I just claim any person off waivers without compensation or them pulling them back.

so far so good will keep u posted!!!
The Pujols for Webb trade happened in my test sim season as well. Also I kept getting requests for the same two players (Astros 3B Chris Johnson and some minor league 2B).
 
# 10 Tovarich @ 03/18/10 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
It's been said no. Continue on.
No, Russ said he didn't BELIEVE so. However, I just played my next game with no trouble. That doesn't make it definite yet though.
 
# 11 Skyboxer @ 03/18/10 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
It's been said no. Continue on.
Actually the only response I've seen is. "Don't think so but check it out when patch drops etc.."
Have you seen a definite NO?
 
# 12 Azamien @ 03/18/10 10:20 AM
When analyzing trades, remember that the computer doesn't know who Albert Pujols is. What it knows is that TeamX has so much money available for signing players, and due to talent and stats PlayerX is going to cost too much. So it sees a trade for PlayerY and PlayerZ to be a good trade.

I honestly have no problem with the AI making the trade posted in this thread. (Some of us who do know who Albert Pujols is are wondering how they're going to pay him after they bid against themselves for Holliday, so can't really fault the AI here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
It appears that the error on a ball 4 in the dirt and the ball markers always being on with Auto Fielding have been fixed!
Wow, that's unexpected and awesome. It was a minor bug, but a very annoying one nonetheless.
 
# 13 PsychoBulk @ 03/18/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
When analyzing trades, remember that the computer doesn't know who Albert Pujols is. What it knows is that TeamX has so much money available for signing players, and due to talent and stats PlayerX is going to cost too much. So it sees a trade for PlayerY and PlayerZ to be a good trade.
Absolutely agree.

The AI trading logic for me is fine, and, just like countryboy, even if the odd one seems er...odd, thats fine, its my virtual MLB anyway and no one elses
 
# 14 pistolpete @ 03/18/10 10:25 AM
Anyone with an expring contract should be seriously considered being traded. Just ask the Nats about Soriano....
 
# 15 bxgoods @ 03/18/10 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I'm not thrilled with the fact that guys like Pujols get traded. I see your point that top players (Lee, Halladay etc) do get traded from time to time, but seems weird for the top guy (or at least top 3) to get moved.

Glad to hear trade waivers works.

Can anyone try a game in the Trop to see if thats fixed?
Susperstar players won't be fixed until they fix the roster. Theres too many A potential pitchers in the minors, I'm hoping thats fixed in the next roster udpate.
 
# 16 roolz @ 03/18/10 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Absolutely agree.

The AI trading logic for me is fine, and, just like countryboy, even if the odd one seems er...odd, thats fine, its my virtual MLB anyway and no one elses
3rded (is that a word)

Like all games where AI has to manage a roster/squad, moves will not always mirror real life as the AI looks out for its own back on the team its trading for/with.

I like things being changed around and now the minor Franchise glitches are resolved and rosters are more solid, its a one team Franchise for me and the shackles of controlling everything are off
 
# 17 Fiddy @ 03/18/10 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
Well I always sim my first yr and here are some of the trades that went down( what you think).

Cards get
Brandon Webb(expiring contract), Omar Canon( highly touted 3rd baseman from dbacks system)

Dbacks get
Albert Pujols(expiring contract)

Reds get
Cliff Lee(expiring contract)

Mariners get
Jonny Gomes
Herberto Quinones(tp pro)
Daniel Harreia( tp pro)

Mets get
Ryan dempster
Eude Carodona

Cubs get
Jose Reyes(expiring contract)
Bobby Purnell


I've notice alot of guys being moved who have expiring contracts and teams recieving alot of great quality prospects in return( this logic makes sense to me). I remember when the mets traded scott kazmir to the rays for victor zambrono( a wash) and look at Kazmir now( he's one of the premiere pitchers in this lg) I know the mets wish they wouldn't have done this stupid deal. lol

Trade waivers are working properly, no longer can I just claim any person off waivers without compensation or them pulling them back.

so far so good will keep u posted!!!
ahh good old steve phillips!! awesome deal man, fired from the Mets as well as ESPN..
 
# 18 PsychoBulk @ 03/18/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
its a one team Franchise for me and the shackles of controlling everything are off
Quite.

Now get that new story going on our gaffe

Patch downloading now as we type, i cant speak highly enough about the dedication and customer service from SCEA.

Best in the business bar none.
 
# 19 JayD @ 03/18/10 10:33 AM
Are players called up or sent down by their performance or is it still just due to injuries? Also is the trading black still empty or can you view players that or on the block now?
 
# 20 eko718 @ 03/18/10 10:36 AM
Is the custom soundtrack limit supposed to be 499? Because that's what it is now.
 

« Previous1234567891718Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.